Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Bacon for breakfast.

Planning to mow the valley today. If the wind is mild, I'll set one of the burn piles up in flames.

Sending a shout out to the Pope Saints who were canonized in Rome this morning. :yesway:

Here's my brunch.

49e15f354db32a294eef5c36fa967ebd.jpg

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Actually I'm making them for the week. 2 muffins a day, supposedly they hold up in the fridge for a week and and taste great nuked for a minute or 2.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Which Stihl Saw to get?

I need a new chainsaw. I don't need a super heavyweight commercial grade saw. But when I need a saw I need it to work!

My current Stihl is 20+ years old and failing. Dropped it off at the shop yesterday and the guy said if it needs any parts then I might be unable to keep it running much longer. So clearly its about time. Honestly neither of these saws is as good as my aging Stihl, which probably cost over $300 when I bought it 20 years ago. But I don't need that good of a saw anymore. I can easily get by with a lighter duty saw.

The MS211 is a "Homeowner" series saw, it weighs 10.1 pounds, develops 2.3hp.

The MS192 is a "Farm & Ranch" series saw, weighs in at only 7.4 pounds and is less powerful at 1.7hp.

Both have the Easy2Start system.
    Both have the Anti-Vibration system.
    Both have their Intelli-Carb system.
    Both have 16" bars.

The MS211 is priced at $299
    schain-ou.jpg

The MS192 is priced at $369
    Stihl_MS_192_C-E_406709.png

I'm leaning toward the more expensive, less powerful MS192 simply because its 2.7 pounds lighter. To my mind that lighter weight is a significant advantage. It also has a real oil pump instead of a simple sump so I think it probably would last longer.

For the most part I do not do anything with a chainsaw that qualifies as lumberjack work, I don't use wood in my fireplaces so I don't have a wood pile that I need too worry about. So I don't believe that the lower horsepower of the heavier duty saw will be any real handicap for my uses.

Any advice? Thoughts?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Well they do look tasty.

They look tiny??? Are those the size of a regular muffin? Is it just a trick of the camera that they look like "mini-muffin" size?

they're regular cupcake size. The way I made them, a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon and a tube of jimmy dean sausage with 6 slices of sharp cheddar and 4 slices of mozzarella made 16 "muffins".

they are really good.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I need a new chainsaw. I don't need a super heavyweight commercial grade saw. But when I need a saw I need it to work!

My current Stihl is 20+ years old and failing. Dropped it off at the shop yesterday and the guy said if it needs any parts then I might be unable to keep it running much longer. So clearly its about time. Honestly neither of these saws is as good as my aging Stihl, which probably cost over $300 when I bought it 20 years ago. But I don't need that good of a saw anymore. I can easily get by with a lighter duty saw.

The MS211 is a "Homeowner" series saw, it weighs 10.1 pounds, develops 2.3hp.

The MS192 is a "Farm & Ranch" series saw, weighs in at only 7.4 pounds and is less powerful at 1.7hp.

Both have the Easy2Start system.
    Both have the Anti-Vibration system.
    Both have their Intelli-Carb system.
    Both have 16" bars.

The MS211 is priced at $299
    schain-ou.jpg

The MS192 is priced at $369
    Stihl_MS_192_C-E_406709.png

I'm leaning toward the more expensive, less powerful MS192 simply because its 2.7 pounds lighter. To my mind that lighter weight is a significant advantage. It also has a real oil pump instead of a simple sump so I think it probably would last longer.

For the most part I do not do anything with a chainsaw that qualifies as lumberjack work, I don't use wood in my fireplaces so I don't have a wood pile that I need too worry about. So I don't believe that the lower horsepower of the heavier duty saw will be any real handicap for my uses.

Any advice? Thoughts?

I say go with the MS192 and get at least one extra bar and at least two chain loops.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So she is now retired or will she be looking for work elsewhere?
    Well she is about a dozen years too young to official retire. But she is retired.

Your luck is better than mine.
    So far.

MD: IMO, get the lighter one with the true oil pump, will extend the life of the engine when used in angles other than near-horizontal.

Plus, it's lighter.

ALso, it's lighter.
    Well I figured the real fuel pump is worth the added cost. I have a commercial grade Stihl extended hedge trimmer that works upside down, sideways, etc etc etc

Lighter is better.

Lighter is better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom