turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    And met a NWI member.

That was me at the AA booth.

I had a BLAST. I am done with gun shows now. I got to handle at least 5 of my unicorns before buying and it changed my views on quite a few things.

Got a pic with Angus Hobdell.
    Got a pic with Les Baer.
    Got some great food in Zionsville.

A good day in all.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Radio scanners are yet another tool to document the idiocy of the general public.

"Fire department requested, caller states possible fire inside residence, smells wood smoke coming from rear of house"
    -"units in route"
    -"Advise no further units necessary, neighbors to the rear of caller have a fire burning in their fire pit. disregard"

I loved those kind of calls in the middle of the night. Weekends and alcohol were the fun ones also.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    looks like I'm sneaking away to Jasper tomorrow...

next weekend is Live Free's Camp Independence survival training event at Tippecanoe State Park and I have to be there to video their classes so next sunday is Winamac for me...

Your invited to either...

I'll be the guy sitting at a bench tomorrow cause that is about how far I'm going to make it probably...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Today's project.

Made five of them. Tomorrow I have to go out to Saint John and pick up a bunch of refrigerator boxes so I can cut out IPSC targets.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm selling a townhouse in Munster. $189,000. LINK => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...house-munster-w-1-car-garage.html#post4995822

Or you can look at the ad on ZILLOW: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/948-E-Boxwood-Dr-IN/115785537_zpid/

One more week of football.... thank goodness. Had to coach myself today. What a nightmare.

Hmmm, want to be a Fencing Coach in the fall?

Have not read the article but f***** them.

It is a VERY BIASED article that does NOT present any pro-gun information, just a bunch of "educators" opinions on how bad this is as a law.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Oh, BTW, my teacher wife turned in her resignation. It is effective at the end of the school year.

There are several other teachers who surprised the district this year by turning in end-of-year resignations/retirements.

Principal was "floored" by the resignation. My wife was just named one of the most influential teachers in the school district by top students. My wife is also fed up with the lack of standards, lack of discipline, lack of effort by the students, etc. They just got a new principal who has made some positive changes but the system is still a cluster.

• They don't believe in giving students homework?
    • There are no qualifications/prerequisites for taking "Advanced Placement" classes so the teachers then have to "dumb down" the advanced classes . . . consequently very few students pass the national AP tests!
    • They don't believe in failing students who are, in fact, failing! They just inflate the grades!
    • Every failure is the fault of the teacher.
    • Too many other problems to BEGIN to list.
    I've been volunteering as an unpaid coach at the same school for 2 years. One thing I know is that there is a VAST difference between the attitudes and conduct of most of the public school kids when compared to the private school kids I've encountered over the past 5 years at another school where I volunteer. It confirms on thing in my mind ~~~ the pubrik skool system is generally bad. If you have kids, do yourself a favor and send them to a private school that has high standards -or- home educate them!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom