• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I don't think most secure connections that matter (banks, etc.) would use an OPENSSL. They pay top dollar for secure systems. Open source software's point is to have the community vet the system. They vetted, and found a vulnerability. This is what was supposed to happen. Now everyone that used the free alternative is caught with their port 443 in their hand. So, much to do about nothing is my take.

I see this viewpoint, but also think that so many people share passwords amongst all their accounts online, and a clever person getting access to one may be able to start filing away at other credentials (especially if one's primary email address has been compromised).

The media does tend to latch onto these things and give them neat, marketable names that scare the crap out of non-tech folks. That isn't always a bad thing though, because those most ill-advised about safer use of their online accounts are the ones most likely to use weak passwords and share them amongst multiple outlets.

Now, let's move back to talking about toilets.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I see this viewpoint, but also think that so many people share passwords amongst all their accounts online, and a clever person getting access to one may be able to start filing away at other credentials (especially if one's primary email address has been compromised).

The media does tend to latch onto these things and give them neat, marketable names that scare the crap out of non-tech folks. That isn't always a bad thing though, because those most ill-advised about safer use of their online accounts are the ones most likely to use weak passwords and share them amongst multiple outlets.

Lid up or down when finished? When I worked for the city at the lift station and had to clean the inlet grates, you wouldn't believe the stuff people would flush down the toilets.

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

Man, I went in to the bathroom, and low and behold, it was just freshly cleaned. I had to take a crap, but had to get to a meeting. I opted for #1. Now I am going to venture back and hope for the best. Wish me luck.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Man, I went in to the bathroom, and low and behold, it was just freshly cleaned. I had to take a crap, but had to get to a meeting. I opted for #1. Now I am going to venture back and hope for the best. Wish me luck.
    Shame it wasn't a virtual meeting. You can conduct those from anywhere.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    We are having one right now! No way, Wifi in the bathroom! Who do i have to thank for this? I lost my chance to be the #1 #2. :sad:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Took my dad to Northwestern for a doctor appointment, ran into the ABC sports anchor Mark Giangreco in the parking garage elevator Lol.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looks like the roadwork on US41 just south of St John, and screwing up traffic all the way south of US231, is due to BRIDGE REPAIRS over the small creek that runs along the south edge of the Shrine of Christ's Passion.

They have traffic down to 1 lane each way, diverted to the east side of the road. They are working on the 2 lanes on the west side of the road. It appears that they are tearing off the road deck over the bridge.

My guess it will take a couple months before the traffic will return to normal.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Looks like the roadwork on US41 just south of St John, and screwing up traffic all the way south of US231, is due to BRIDGE REPAIRS over the small creek that runs along the south edge of the Shrine of Christ's Passion.

They have traffic down to 1 lane each way, diverted to the east side of the road. They are working on the 2 lanes on the west side of the road. It appears that they are tearing off the road deck over the bridge.

My guess it will take a couple months before the traffic will return to normal.
    That will really screw up the traffic for a while. Indiana is like Illinois with two seasons, winter and construction

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That will really screw up the traffic for a while. Indiana is like Illinois with two seasons, winter and construction
    YUP

The traffic flow is much smoother going southbound. But northbound they have the traffic choked down to 1 lane SOUTH OF US231, then at the intersection they expand it from 1 to 3 lanes for Left Turn/Straight/Right Turn. So 2 lanes of northbound traffic have to go through the light but they do it in only 1 lane. And they didn't extend the light time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Did you change all your passwords after this whole heartbeat thing? Would be prudent to do so, even if the particular company wasn't affected.

Agreed.

And for whatever its worth, its wise to change passwords on a regular basis.

I have too friggin many to change on a regular basis.

Gotta love being the first person taking a dump at work after the cleaning crew has been through. Almost don't feel the need to use one of those ass gaskets. Almost.

It's the little things in life....

At my work, it's still disgusting. Even after cleaning.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I live in the neighborhood on the east side of 41 right where that construction is going on. It's hard enough to make a left turn out of here when there's no construction. Ugh.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    FYI, picked up my 1k rds of 22lr I ordered two 500 bricks back to back and had no issues with cabelas filling both orders. Not sure what the cutoff is, but two boxes flew without issue. They claim one box per customer/per day or they'll cancel.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You in Hammond ?

Cabelas doesn't anymore 22LR bricks listed left... Oh well....

I'll just keep shooting 223 and 9mm/38 special for cheap....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom