• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone know of any threads in regards to purchasing a handgun on private sale with out a bill of sale or paperwork. Been arguing with coworkers all morning aboit this topic. First they were saying it wasnt legal now they are saying if it is legal its a horrible idea because it could be stolen have a murder on it etc. Etc.

How about this one: https://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

[h=6]Q: What record-keeping procedures should be followed when two private individuals want to engage in a firearms transaction?[/h] When a transaction takes place between private (unlicensed) persons who reside in the same State, the Gun Control Act (GCA) does not require any record keeping. A private person may sell a firearm to another private individual in his or her State of residence and, similarly, a private individual may buy a firearm from another private person who resides in the same State. It is not necessary under Federal law for a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) to assist in the sale or transfer when the buyer and seller are “same-State” residents. Of course, the transferor/seller may not knowingly transfer a firearm to someone who falls within any of the categories of prohibited persons contained in the GCA. See 18 U.S.C. §§ 922(g) and (n). However, as stated above, there are no GCA-required records to be completed by either party to the transfer.
    There may be State or local laws or regulations that govern this type of transaction. Contact State Police units or the office of your State Attorney General for information on any such requirements.
    Please note that if a private person wants to obtain a firearm from a private person who resides in another State, the firearm will have to be shipped to an FFL in the buyer’s State. The FFL will be responsible for record keeping. See also Question B3.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone know of any threads in regards to purchasing a handgun on private sale with out a bill of sale or paperwork. Been arguing with coworkers all morning aboit this topic. First they were saying it wasnt legal now they are saying if it is legal its a horrible idea because it could be stolen have a murder on it etc. Etc.

The mere possession of a murder weapon is probably not going to convict you.
    What about motive, opportunity, stuff like that.
    Basically, kinda like universal background checks.
    Indiana had them for around 20 yrs.
    No crimes solved. A lot of money wasted that could have went to more effective means.

Canada had/has it and getting rid of it. Same reasons

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Wait..someone sights law, effectively answers a question, and there's no wild interpretation/flaming afterwards? What fun is that?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Why all the hate and discontent? Do you need a group hug or a piece of chocolate?

Nah, merely pointing out that the nwi ingo group seems to be a bit tamer/more reasonable. Plus stirring **** up is fun.

If you're offering to bring me some chocolate, though, that's awful sweet :wwub:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Usually 27.99.

Does anyone have extra Kydex? I'm looking for some. If not, does anyone need Kydex? I may put an order in.

Edit: what he said^^^^

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Does anyone have extra Kydex? I'm looking for some. If not, does anyone need Kydex? I may put an order in.

Edit: what he said^^^^
    I may have some tan/brown. Maybe some light grey. Also some pink and some purple.

Cabela's has blazer 500 packs. 9 right now

There is a box with my name on it at the help desk. Just got to get up there to get it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The lane blockage only seems to be between 30 and 231. Today on the way home I noticed that there were areas in the right lane every 1/4 mile or so that were torn up. Just a square of pavement hacked to hell every now and then. :dunno:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The lane blockage only seems to be between 30 and 231. Today on the way home I noticed that there were areas in the right lane every 1/4 mile or so that were torn up. Just a square of pavement hacked to hell every now and then. :dunno:

If like last year, on nights the road is tore up and a patch in put in to fill the hole in the road. Was out there in mid-November with the temps in the upper 20 and had the asphalt sticking in the box of my dump truck in just about the same location. Wonder if the patches held?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom