Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    "If you like your job, you can keep your job."

Dirigibles are cooler, and they don't stop in the middle of roads.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Which railroad do you work for?
    Norfolk Southern my yard is at Burns Harbor right next to the port if you go over 249 going in and look to the right thats my yard.
    "If you like your job, you can keep your job."

Dirigibles are cooler, and they don't stop in the middle of roads.
    It beats paying into SS. I'll remember that when a train goes into emergency and I have to come out and find why. I'll be sure to drive really really slow.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Norfolk Southern my yard is at Burns Harbor right next to the port if you go over 249 going in and look to the right thats my yard.

It beats paying into SS. I'll remember that when a train goes into emergency and I have to come out and find why. I'll be sure to drive really really slow.

You guys hiring? I have 20 years with the UPRR and am sick of the games.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah all the railroads seem to always be hiring track maintenance guys. I've applied a few times. Never get past those stupid personality tests. Those things are pointless because every job I've had where I had to take one, I was surrounded by lazy morons.

Must be the unions that want them to administer those. Can't have them hiring people who can think for themselves, ya know!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah all the railroads seem to always be hiring track maintenance guys. I've applied a few times. Never get past those stupid personality tests. Those things are pointless because every job I've had where I had to take one, I was surrounded by lazy morons.

Must be the unions that want them to administer those. Can't have them hiring people who can think for themselves, ya know!
    Its a basic skills test. Its ok I started the interview process with 63 people, after the basic skills test was down to 13 of us, 6 got called back for the background and drug test. Only myself and bob made it. After 8 weeks of training he left and went to Boeing as his son must of had connections.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So, I get the mail this morning and there's a post card from Chris Shepherd for state senate. It's all 2A support. I flip it over and there's a big hinky make believe badge that says "Concealed Weapons Permit Indiana". I was in a mood, so I hit the web site, contact us, and dial the phone number. He actually answers the phone. Wow... So, I just kinda tell him that it may make him look like a bit of a boob to the harder core 2A folk and he agrees and tells me he is a LTCH holder himself and is aware of the IC for it and agreed that while trivial, it should not be misrepresented.
    Nice guy on the phone anyway, probably over conservative for my taste since all his crap is labeled "conservative republican" but I haven't put much though into next months elections yet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So, I get the mail this morning and there's a post card from Chris Shepherd for state senate. It's all 2A support. I flip it over and there's a big hinky make believe badge that says "Concealed Weapons Permit Indiana". I was in a mood, so I hit the web site, contact us, and dial the phone number. He actually answers the phone. Wow... So, I just kinda tell him that it may make him look like a bit of a boob to the harder core 2A folk and he agrees and tells me he is a LTCH holder himself and is aware of the IC for it and agreed that while trivial, it should not be misrepresented.
    Nice guy on the phone anyway, probably over conservative for my taste since all his crap is labeled "conservative republican" but I haven't put much though into next months elections yet.

I got the same thing yesterday.

Seemed sort of silly to have the "badge" but I took it as making a visual point.

Not sure if he is over conservative, but again, I think it makes the point that he is trying to reach the fiscally responsible portion of the GOP and the Tea Party crowd.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Personality tests are just that. It depends on who reads them too. Some are scored by a 3rd party. If you answer all of the questions with what they want to hear, it will be a red flag.

Trains are so 19th century. I understand they are imbedded into Indiana, and its tax code. But, think of the lakefront real estate that would be available if there were not tracks all over it.

I don't like trains. Waiting for them sucks. People that live by them hate them. They lower property values and quality of life. I don't have the patience for them.
    Mom in train crash dies 10 days after 2 daughters - Chicago Tribune

Trains, accelerating semi trucks, slow drivers in the left lanes, red lights, my answer, dirigibles!

:soapbox: :ranton:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Personality tests are just that. It depends on who reads them too. Some are scored by a 3rd party. If you answer all of the questions with what they want to hear, it will be a red flag.

Trains are so 19th century. I understand they are imbedded into Indiana, and its tax code. But, think of the lakefront real estate that would be available if there were not tracks all over it.

I don't like trains. Waiting for them sucks. People that live by them hate them. They lower property values and quality of life. I don't have the patience for them.
    Mom in train crash dies 10 days after 2 daughters - Chicago Tribune

Trains, accelerating semi trucks, slow drivers in the left lanes, my answer, dirigibles!

:soapbox: :ranton:
    Some people can't pass basic skills I guess. If you would leave a little bit earlier you would avoid your first world problems and the inconvenience of a train carrying 100's of semi loads across country. Go around gates and get hit no sympathy from me. Sounds like you need to move somewhere where your surrounded by water, no vehicles besides and your airship.
    I didn't know they had diesel locomotives in the 19th century. Even with your airships soon the skies would be blocking my sun, crowding the skies, and making me wait to get where I would want to go. Seems we don't need another congestion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom