• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    He's only got two feedbacks. I found this one of his and then didn't bother looking any more. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns-rifles-shotguns/320189-ar-15-package.html
    SOLD...This is a Colt A1 upper with a 20" barrel, and a DTI lower. Everything is in great shape, this gun will come with 2 good polymer magazines loaded with brass ammo (60 rounds) a sling, and the carry handle mounted rail, but NOT the red dot. You can see through the rail to use the iron sights, or remove the rail if you'd like. $750. Selling to fund an AR 10, so that would be the only trade I would be interested in. Have other guns to add. Located in Anderson.

Noticed 2 things right off the bat with this ad:
    1 - Optic is mounted backwards
    2 - Optic does not co-witness with the front sight.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't know **** about optics, but I did notice that the very last line in the ad said "Located in Anderson". It may have been added in an edit after someone made him an offer or asked him for a location.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    He's only got one sale, Brad. The other one is a buy.

Good looking out. I always appreciate a quick fact check after a rant.

I just generally think people like that should have been weeded out by natural selection by this point, and it pains me that we still have to suffer their existence.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    He caught me at a particularly pissed off moment. I had spent an hour dislodging a golf ball from my tailpipe that some unnamed child jammed in there. I'm sure there is a joke about having someone's mom come help suck it outta there, but I don't have it in me to put it all together right now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    interesting to know who makes the target system. Found the maker of the moving targets. www.targamite.com out of Fort Wayne, IN and the target is called Targabot with the price of around $3000.00. How many do you want?

Thanks for the link. My post was not to find the item for sale but more to learn about how it works.
    I find it fascinating on how 'machines' like that can work and the mechanical and software side of things.

I can visualize several different ways to accomplish that movement with servos, steppers, etc. I'm actually impressed at the price level for mass market. I'm sitting here looking at a controller that cost around 3k alone. But it will run 4, 8 axis servos... As for the code to run those. really simple, timer & a random number call for position.
    I guess the real question is if I can make them cheap enough to make them affordable to an average person.

Wonder if it's possible to make it with steel plates so you can hear the "ping" instead of just the paper. Would image the motor/arms would need to be a bit stronger.

I would love moving targets. My wife would not like me spending that kind of money on one though :):

Would you let us use your place if we brought you one. :whistle:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    He caught me at a particularly pissed off moment. I had spent an hour dislodging a golf ball from my tailpipe that some unnamed child jammed in there. I'm sure there is a joke about having someone's mom come help suck it outta there, but I don't have it in me to put it all together right now.

:popcorn:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom