• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The official (bank) appraisal of my house when I bought it valued it at $180,000.

I haven't a clue how they came to that number, I could list the house for sale at that price today (after doing 50K in work to it) and wouldn't even come close.

Refinanced last year and the new bank required an appraisal (2.25% on a 10yr mortgage, don't care about a $350 appraisal/inspection) and they valued me at $120k, much more appropriate, but also less than I have in the house now.

They're worthless.
    How long ago did you buy it?

After the "crash" they changed the rules for how they appraise houses. Typical .gov knee jerk type changes.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:
    So I get an email from Chase saying my account is overdrawn. WTF?!?!! I called them, and less then fifteen minutes later, that debit card is cancelled, fraudulent charts are being reversed. I pick up my new card tomorrow.

Super weird how this was just brought up here the other day.

Yeah that was my card, got same call Monday about fraud on my card. Called the banks fraud line and they said one charge in the UK and one declined in the Netherlands. I found out it was the AVG one year subscription I bought. I did get a confirmation email from AVG for $33.99. But they tried to charge me $34.30 for it. And they tried charging my card a second time. Called AVG and they do not know why that happened. So I requested refund. They said it will take a couple days to process. Just waiting now.

I'm ready to start writing checks for everything again.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    CitiBank's Fraud Department called me Monday. Apparently my card was used several times in Mexico, simultaneously in Pennsylvania, and then also in Texas.

All charges were reversed. My new card will arrive in 4 to 5 days.
    I have the option of my new card being mailed to me, or I can pick up a new one at a branch. I opted for the latter, there is a Chase branch that does new cards in the building where I work.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:
    So I get an email from Chase saying my account is overdrawn. WTF?!?!! I called them, and less then fifteen minutes later, that debit card is cancelled, fraudulent charts are being reversed. I pick up my new card tomorrow.

Super weird how this was just brought up here the other day.

CitiBank's Fraud Department called me Monday. Apparently my card was used several times in Mexico, simultaneously in Pennsylvania, and then also in Texas.

Yeah that was my card, got same call Monday about fraud on my card. Called the banks fraud line and they said one charge in the UK and one declined in the Netherlands. I found out it was the AVG one year subscription I bought. I did get a confirmation email from AVG for $33.99. But they tried to charge me $34.30 for it. And they tried charging my card a second time. Called AVG and they do not know why that happened. So I requested refund. They said it will take a couple days to process. Just waiting now.

Ah my thugs are hard at work I see. I wonder if they bought some .22lr ammo for the YOUTH DAY event we have coming up.
    That is the new forced donations some of you were going to do. ;)

I have the option of my new card being mailed to me, or I can pick up a new one at a branch. I opted for the latter, there is a Chase branch that does new cards in the building where I work.

Good choice now what you wearing the day you pick it up so my thugs can do a purse snatch. :p

@those affected
    Do you guys not check your CC accounts daily or weekly?

@all
    :( Being stuck at home sick (cold and :puke:) is no fun.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

I was in Ottawa, Canada while my wife and son were in Sarasota, FL - both of us beating the bank card and it took a week before they shut it off on me the night before I was leaving. Didn't instill too much faith in them...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That happened to me right after an order from botach. I don't know if it was related to that though. That site can be a bit :shady:. The worst thing that happened was the autobill crap was all screwed up for my WOW cable account. They handled it very badly. I only use CCs if at all possible. I don't want anyone to get direct access to my bank account through my debit card number. I've had at least 3 instances of my CC card number used by thieves.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was in Ottawa, Canada while my wife and son were in Sarasota, FL - both of us beating the bank card and it took a week before they shut it off on me the night before I was leaving. Didn't instill too much faith in them...

1) Do you use your card often?
    2) Do you have your credit file on lock and/or with the "ID theft" warning on it?
    3) Have you told your card provided to limit your geographical area of purchases/set dollar limits unless you call to confirm a trip/transaction?

1) In using it often you form a pattern which (at least with CHASE) they can then see what you normally buy/do and won't question a 'typical you' charge but will red flag something our of your pattern.

2) Locking your credit file with the 3 agencies and putting an ID theft on your file makes your CC provider put you under the microscope for possible 'bad activity' of your card. You won't see a change on your end but they will monitor you more closely.

3) Chase won't tell you this upfront and it takes a bit of calling to talk to security for it but it is a nice tool. They don't like doing it since it means you have a more restricted card (ie. won't spend on it a lot) but it does help out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Even checks aren't safe. The gaming account at my American Legion post was compromised, and there is no card associated with it. Checks only.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That happened to me right after an order from botach. I don't know if it was related to that though. That site can be a bit :shady:. The worst thing that happened was the autobill crap was all screwed up for my WOW cable account. They handled it very badly. I only use CCs if at all possible. I don't want anyone to get direct access to my bank account through my debit card number. I've had at least 3 instances of my CC card number used by thieves.
    Lol. I bought my Sage EBR stock on Botach and they double charged for it. That was a Friday afternoon and they're not open weekends.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :whistle: so what did you buy as that sounds like an inside job. ;)

They just need your routing and account numbers. And guess what is on the bottom of each check.
    Whoever used the account, bought hundreds of dollars of cigarettes.
    I'm not going to jail for a few hundred dollars.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I hate chunky salsa. I just drag the chips through the juice and throw away the chunks of stuff. Next time I buy a jar of salsa to bring to work, i need to open it up, put it in the blender, and then put it back in the jar first.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    @lone
    what do you plan on growing?

--update--
    Also you going to fertile it this way?
    How to make and use a simple "sawdust toilet"
    That is for amateurs. This is the good stuff after it has been sitting and cooking all Winter.
    IMG_20120624_100534.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom