• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    With classic shell installed it isn't too bad... but I like win7 pro better...

I'm running win 8 on my tablet and that seems to be alright for what I use my tablet for that is...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I sell them both. The Spring Mill is at St John and Holiday (Cedar Lake), but not sure about Lake. The WH Harrison is having production issues at the moment so it isn't available. I think I might have the Harrison Presidential Reserve in stock still, but that runs about $100 a bottle (although VERY good, if you're a bourbon fan). I also believe I have open bottle of both the Spring Mills in my trunk next time I stop by. They have the regular and a barrel proof, both TASTY!

I didn't see it at Lake last week. I'll check out the other two.

FWIW, find out about the Harrison Presidential Reserve, see if there is a bottle is stock. I might just spend the money.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    SAVE THESE LINKS
    Some of you may not be aware but all our events can be found here:
    2014 NWI Events

Also we have a STATUS UPDATE thread in the break room where you can get the latest 4-1-1 on what is going on in Da Region as well.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/330938-nwi-ingo-general-post-part-8-a.html

Jedi needs your help
    The NWI INGO & DNR WINAMAC Youth Day even is fast approaching for JUN 2014.
    You can get all the details here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ac-nwi-ingo-youth-day-sat-21-june-2014-a.html

We still need volunteers, especially .22lr ammo and food donations. If you can donate your time, equipment, food or ammo we really need it.

Project Appleseed
    Project Appleseed is having it's first shoot for the year at Lake Village, IN.
    Lots of room to sign up still. Are you chicken that a little kid may one up you?
    Don't you want to learn the REAL history of how our nation was born?
    Want to really know how to use your rifle just like the minutemen did back in 1776?
    Come on if Da PinkFather can do it so can you. It's not hard unless you a thug/redneck. :p

Info on the event cane be found here:
    Default Calendar

Discussion of the event is here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ake-village-appleseed-12-13-april-2014-a.html

You can sign up for the event here:
    Appleseed Schedule

Meet & Shoots
    The APR & MAY meet & shoots are now open.
    Go sign up here for APR
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-5-nwi-ingo-meet-shoot-sat-29-mar-2014-a.html

Vote here for MAY
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/341043-nwi-ingo-meet-shoot-may-voting.html

Other events
    The friends of the little calumet river are having their annual canoe festival once again.
    Come join Da PinkFather as you canoe down the little cal river from Hammond to Gary.
    Friends of the Little Calumet River
    [/QUOTE]

Jedi, I just posted to the Youth Shoot thread. I can donate a brick of .22 LR

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Jedi-isms . . .

Jedi's son swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When Jedi telephoned to ask how he was a nurse said 'No change yet.'

Jedi's wife said that PMS jokes are not funny. Period.

Jedi was just hit in the head with a can of soda. Fortunately it was a soft drink.

Police were called to Jedi's house where his youngest daughter was resisting a rest.

Jedi took his kids to see how RC cola is bottled. He gave a pop quiz.

Jedi asked for advice about his bladder infection. I told him "urine trouble."

It's not that Jedi did not know how to juggle, he just didn't have the balls to do it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't even know why I ***** because I have Classic Shell installed, but still...

With classic shell installed it isn't too bad... but I like win7 pro better...

I'm running win 8 on my tablet and that seems to be alright for what I use my tablet for that is...
    So, you guys don't like the interface? Other than some compatibility problems with some older programs, WIN8 has been fine for me. It actually works better than 7 did in a lot of ways.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Uggggh my shoulders and legs are burning from that agility test and all I had to do was pick up a weighted crate and squat a bunch of times, a few over head lifts, climb a ladder two steps...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nice laptop sadclown. I have one win8.1 machine and i need another machine to upgrade my xp one but i think I'm going wait till win 9 comes out either this fall or next spring. I don't like the new 'Bios' that win 8 uses. Suspect win9 will still use the new 'bios' as well.
    Hope the interface is better but we will see. I will have to keep the xp machine since some of my older programs will not run on win 7or greater. The others like office2000 i think i will finally upgrade.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The hand-me-down Toshiba laptop that my friend gave me is working fine. She told me before she sent it to me that she thought the battery was bad, so I ordered a $15 battery from ebay, and it works fine. Yay free!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My laptop is XP, and 10 years old. It's getting cranky.
    But I have my college electronics programs on it, and replacing them could cost hundreds of dollars.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Windows 8 is so terrible, I've thought about pirating 7 to put on the one I have.
    Whaaaaa!!!!! boo hooo.... they changed the start menu!!!
    So, you guys don't like the interface? Other than some compatibility problems with some older programs, WIN8 has been fine for me. It actually works better than 7 did in a lot of ways.
    This is reality. -except for the compatibility part (usually)
    How many were left? Ill be going today to check out some ammo
    7 or 8
    Nice laptop sadclown. I have one win8.1 machine and i need another machine to upgrade my xp one but i think I'm going wait till win 9 comes out either this fall or next spring. I don't like the new 'Bios' that win 8 uses. Suspect win9 will still use the new 'bios' as well.
    Hope the interface is better but we will see. I will have to keep the xp machine since some of my older programs will not run on win 7or greater. The others like office2000 i think i will finally upgrade.
    why is bios in quotes? you are either talking about the unit's bios or not. The kernel is practically the same except for internal virus protection and better memory allocation.
    The BIOS is built-in software that determines what a computer can do without accessing programs from a disk. get yer sh-t straight.

few things. if you do not have a touch sceen, you will ***** moan and cry that you do not like windows 8. It is not that the interface sucks, it that your hardware does or it was not really designed to work optimally with windows 8. there are a couple enhancements to 8.1 that will probably make you happier if you fall into this group and even with a touch screen, I like the 8.1 patch better just for the sake of the access to the all apps screen. it eliminates any use for the classic start menu for most people.
    Again, if you do not have a touch screen, the navigational actions are cumbersome and you will probably not like it and cry all over the internet that windows 8 sucks.
    90% of the time I don't buy into compatibility issues (except some old games) but it may not be simple for a user to get them to work on 7 or 8. personally, I have yet to encounter an application I could not make work on 7 or 8 that was from XP and labeled not compatible by the maker or by the MS system. However, I have run into a couple of games that are a no go because of some odd active x and open gl coding.
    As for the interface, you have to spend some time with it. People just pick it up and ***** it sucks because the touch screen is not the same as their iphone or droid. If you sit down with it and take the time to learn the subtleties of it, things make sense and it is quite in depth compared to everything else.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I tried to dual boot Ubuntu and couldn't figure it out. It was frustrating.

Well all I really need is a way to be able to do a complete system re-install every 30 to 60 days.
    NORTON Ghost 2003 use to be my go to app for that but alas it won't work with Win7 or higher.
    I think once Win 9 comes out I will wait a bit till Award-winning PC backup software - Acronis True Image 2014 gets it software updated and then go with that.
    Being that the majority of computers now-a-days do not even include recovery disc just that stupid recovery partition on the same HD! :facepalm:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Well all I really need is a way to be able to do a complete system re-install every 30 to 60 days.
    NORTON Ghost 2003 use to be my go to app for that but alas it won't work with Win7 or higher.
    I think once Win 9 comes out I will wait a bit till Award-winning PC backup software - Acronis True Image 2014 gets it software updated and then go with that.
    Being that the majority of computers now-a-days do not even include recovery disc just that stupid recovery partition on the same HD! :facepalm:
    and every dang one comes with a utility to create them yourself... (lame)
    boo hoo hoo...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    See that wouldn't bother me because I'll openly admit I'm a big fat software pirate.

I tried to dual boot Ubuntu and couldn't figure it out. It was frustrating.

Big software pirate you are.

Whaaaaa!!!!! boo hooo.... they changed the start menu!!!

This is reality. -except for the compatibility part (usually)

7 or 8

why is bios in quotes? you are either talking about the unit's bios or not. The kernel is practically the same except for internal virus protection and better memory allocation.
    The BIOS is built-in software that determines what a computer can do without accessing programs from a disk. get yer sh-t straight.

few things. if you do not have a touch sceen, you will ***** moan and cry that you do not like windows 8. It is not that the interface sucks, it that your hardware does or it was not really designed to work optimally with windows 8. there are a couple enhancements to 8.1 that will probably make you happier if you fall into this group and even with a touch screen, I like the 8.1 patch better just for the sake of the access to the all apps screen. it eliminates any use for the classic start menu for most people.
    Again, if you do not have a touch screen, the navigational actions are cumbersome and you will probably not like it and cry all over the internet that windows 8 sucks.
    90% of the time I don't buy into compatibility issues (except some old games) but it may not be simple for a user to get them to work on 7 or 8. personally, I have yet to encounter an application I could not make work on 7 or 8 that was from XP and labeled not compatible by the maker or by the MS system. However, I have run into a couple of games that are a no go because of some odd active x and open gl coding.
    As for the interface, you have to spend some time with it. People just pick it up and ***** it sucks because the touch screen is not the same as their iphone or droid. If you sit down with it and take the time to learn the subtleties of it, things make sense and it is quite in depth compared to everything else.

Well, maybe you need to help me install some old stuff on Win 7. I haven't had the time or patience.

I hate it when I have to upgrade, and I lose stuff.
    It's like losing an old friend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom