• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Acronis is the sh** for fast simple imaging once the kids loaded it up with a thousand different viruses, adware and spyware...

If your trying to run older software on 8 then just load up VMWare or Virtualbox and a session of whatever OS you need to run that app.

I grew up with a start button and menu so I like it, same with a lot of my clients... they don't ant to get warm and fuzzy with a new interface, they want to sell burgers, and write reports and email people and use their database app's get work done and get out of there... and they want to do it on the same equipment as long as they can do it on it so they don't have to spend more money on updating infrastructure and training with that new infrastructure... Soooo that is why there is such a out cry against Win 8... It's a great tablet OS, not so much a regular PC OS...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Bios is no more. Windows 8 is the worst. They hid everything so you have the same experience from phone to server.
    Windows key+r.
    I used a Linux program that rewrote the boot sector to dual boot in the past, but I can't remember the name. Its GRUB.
    You can take your old xp drive and virtualize it and access it from your new computer.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    They hid everything so you have the same experience from phone to server.
    That's another thing. Also, there have been a few times I've gone looking for something, didn't find it and found out in a google search that it didn't exist anymore.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Prometheus from valpo post a lot in political section and its on 30days time out.

Dansgotguns is on a self imposed time out due to persinal issues. He msy not be back until next year as the earliest.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh yeah.
    New shirts at Ranger Up

freepeople-3.gif

Back

freepeople-1.gif