• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Went to cabellas today out of boredom not expecting to buy anything, went and checked out the gun library. They had a case of revolvers, a model 19 I really liked priced at 500. I was considering it till I seen a model 64 for 350, in prety good shape. So much for not spending any money! I would have picked up the 19 but I'm saving for an AR and I just wanted a shooter.

They also had 2 model 10s priced close but not in as good of shape.
    Your not related to Snapdragon are you? Have the new gun buying bug like her?

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The new gun buying bug is not long for the world. I may get some sort of cheap long gun, but that's it for a while until I get another job. I'll be unemployed in 7 weeks.

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    Your not related to Snapdragon are you? Have the new gun buying bug like her?
    Hi, my name is dcat and I have a gun buying problem.

In all seriousness I've had my eye out for a smith in shooter grade, at shooter grade prices for the last year but everyone thinks their model 10 with no finish sloppy lockup and a pitted bore is a rare collectors piece. Had to jump on it at this price.
    Plus this is going to give me an exscuse to buy one in better condition, since I have a beater now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi. Floor jacks are nice, but take up more room.

The mini van can handle it as there is lots of room under the seats for that kind of stuff.
    I have the right side middle passenger seat only 3/4 full of the car emo stuff. So I could add the floor jack in there. But that mini van is all over town all the time so more weight = worse gas milage and that van is already a gas hog!

Get real, once you're on INGO, the gun buying bug is permanent.

That is cause ya don't have self control!
    I've have the funds to buy the .308 rifle for about 6 months now and have not done it.
    I've have the funds to buy the mini14 since last month and still have not done it.

The .308 I don't plan on getting until maybe 2016 as there is no need for it right now.
    The mini14 I may or may not get at all. Wo't be able to shoot one until MAY Meet & Shoot so you figure it will be JUN before I get my own if I do end up liking it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Some sort of cheap plinking rifle or a small shotgun (probably have to be a youth or something adjusted for a shorter pull). Or a Circuit Judge .45/410 (not cheap, but dual duty).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The mini van can handle it as there is lots of room under the seats for that kind of stuff.
    I have the right side middle passenger seat only 3/4 full of the car emo stuff. So I could add the floor jack in there. But that mini van is all over town all the time so more weight = worse gas milage and that van is already a gas hog!

That is cause ya don't have self control!
    I've have the funds to buy the .308 rifle for about 6 months now and have not done it.
    I've have the funds to buy the mini14 since last month and still have not done it.

The .308 I don't plan on getting until maybe 2016 as there is no need for it right now.
    The mini14 I may or may not get at all. Wo't be able to shoot one until MAY Meet & Shoot so you figure it will be JUN before I get my own if I do end up liking it.
    You could shoot it as soon as you come dig some holes. :):

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Well, that's another 2 years, Jedi. A lot can go wrong in that time with Obama in the throne. You should get it soon.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Nope, I don't have a gun buying problem...

not at all....

rev06637.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    ou never know what could happen in the next two years to change the political landscape. What if, magical bearded space alien man forbid, there are some more shootings that make Sandy Hook and Aurora, CO look like a drive by?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Let's see tv i have two hands and can only use one rifle at a time. In my current hands i have rifle, backup rifle, backup backup rifle well. I'm covered for now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom