• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    @Jedi: Use the scissor jack that came with the mini-van, but also use a jack stand once the car is up. bottle jacks aren't a whole lot more stable than the scissor jacks unless the ground is perfectly flat and level.
    @KLB: I'd be more than happy to dig holes for you. It'd have to be in the evening though as I work weekends and don't get home until almost 4.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I hear a blue line train jumped the tracks this morning. I have to assume this is somehow Jedi's fault.

Not just jumped the tracks. The train wanted to get onto a flight at O'hare. It jumped off the track, onto the airport terminal and up the escalators as well. Think of the scene from Die Hard and that is what the pictures look like. 30+ hurt but no deaths. Inital report says the train was coming in too fast at 2:30AM.

Also the red line has an accident this moring as well. But not sure what the issue is.

@Jedi: Use the scissor jack that came with the mini-van, but also use a jack stand once the car is up. bottle jacks aren't a whole lot more stable than the scissor jacks unless the ground is perfectly flat and level.

The idea was to keep an extra jack in the car/minivan should I ever have to change the tire again. Both cars have the std. scissor jacks that they came with. I recenlty bought better hardware for each vehicle.
    Lug wrench - X type
    Lug wrench - std (better than the small thing that came with each vehicle)
    Headlamp
    Road side triangles
    Yellow reflective vest
    Orange becon light
    flares

I already had in each vehicle
    flashlight
    spare tire
    scissor jack
    portable/collasple lug wrench

The bottle jack was/is just a backup to the scissor jack since it's smaller/compact and will fit easily in the vehicles. The ones you talk about are a bit bulk for emo uses. I could see them being used in the garage along with the floor jack but I doubt I ever need them. If I have to use the floor jack then it's time for the car to go to the mechanic. I'm not interested in doing whatever it is that the car thinks it needs done. My time is better spent elsewhere.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Happy Monday

i-hate-mondays_o_2816735.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    We should just get melensdad to bring his auger over and show up with food, guns, and ammo.... just saying...

Jedi were you talking to the trains conductor or engineer or what ever they call them anymore... I told you not to bother the driver while on the train... this is how accidents happen....

oharel.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    KLB. I need a break from this weather... a desert would level my blood sugars out and make me feel much better than this snow, rain, 20 below, then 60 degrees and then back to 20 degrees is doing to me right now... While spending time in the desert in the past I did pretty good, all I had to remember to do was keep drinking water and keep some eye bleach with me to give out to others that were stuck with seeing my chicken legs...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    KLB. I need a break from this weather... a desert would level my blood sugars out and make me feel much better than this snow, rain, 20 below, then 60 degrees and then back to 20 degrees is doing to me right now... While spending time in the desert in the past I did pretty good, all I had to remember to do was keep drinking water and keep some eye bleach with me to give out to others that were stuck with seeing my chicken legs...
    I think you would love the hill country in Texas. Go visit it sometime. I'd go back to that area if I could get my wife to go.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have never put taxes off until this late. Sat down to do them yesterday for me and my mom, and realized that Mom's 1099 for Social Security is missing. Requested a replacement and was told it would take ~10 days. That's really cutting it close. At least I can get mine done, even if I have to wait on hers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We should just get melensdad to bring his auger over and show up with food, guns, and ammo.... just saying...

Jedi were you talking to the trains conductor or engineer or what ever they call them anymore... I told you not to bother the driver while on the train... this is how accidents happen....

oharel.jpg

Not me, but I suspect that GG may have looked at the engineer and he got scared and tried to run away. :)

I've already done my taxes.
    Twice...

Why twice?

I have never put taxes off until this late. Sat down to do them yesterday for me and my mom, and realized that Mom's 1099 for Social Security is missing. Requested a replacement and was told it would take ~10 days. That's really cutting it close. At least I can get mine done, even if I have to wait on hers.

Can you not get the 1099 online from SSA?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom