• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Anyone thinking about doing the shotgun match at NPCCC next Sunday? And for the few that do shoot three gun what do you think the INMG match at NPCCC will be like?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I have carried the 92fs a lot over the years but my favorite carry guns dependent on where I'm going are all revolvers in 357 mag. I will go straight to the Beretta and like 5 extra mags when I have to go up to the harbor after midnight though... Like the 686 6 inch 357 mag when I go down in the sticks... and then normal carry like keeping my wallet and my keys with me is a little Ruger SP101... the forget me not gun... Pick the tool that best works for the job... but again, my Beretta 92FS hasn't had any issues in many years of use...

On another note.... just picked up some of these 9mm defense rounds, anyone got a chronograph they could bring out this weekend at the M&S as I would like to see what speed they are actually running... suppose to be a 9mm bullet running at 2000 FPS...

Liberty Ammunition Civil Defense 9x 19mm | Liberty AmmunitionLiberty Ammunition

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    Went to cabellas today out of boredom not expecting to buy anything, went and checked out the gun library. They had a case of revolvers, a model 19 I really liked priced at 500. I was considering it till I seen a model 64 for 350, in prety good shape. So much for not spending any money! I would have picked up the 19 but I'm saving for an AR and I just wanted a shooter.

They also had 2 model 10s priced close but not in as good of shape.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Larry
    Thanks for the tip on the small jack.
    I got a 2 ton one for the car but while it did fit under the car it would NOT raise it high enough to remove the tire. :facepalm:
    Good thing I took your advice to check now. So I returned it and was going to get the next size up 4 ton which will just barely fit under the car but there were sold out by then (sears) :( So instead I ended up with the 6 ton for the van and I got that one at a steal! Reg. Prize $29.99 but today they have 10% off + I had a $10 gift card and when the lady rang it up it was ONLY $14.99 (last one) so I ended up paying $3.50 for it cash. :rofl: SSSWWWEEEETTTT!!!!

Menards did not have the 4 ton either but AutoZone does for $23.99. So hopefully in the next 2 weeks I get it once the AutoZone gift cards arrive.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have carried the 92fs a lot over the years but my favorite carry guns dependent on where I'm going are all revolvers in 357 mag. I will go straight to the Beretta and like 5 extra mags when I have to go up to the harbor after midnight though... Like the 686 6 inch 357 mag when I go down in the sticks... and then normal carry like keeping my wallet and my keys with me is a little Ruger SP101... the forget me not gun... Pick the tool that best works for the job... but again, my Beretta 92FS hasn't had any issues in many years of use...

On another note.... just picked up some of these 9mm defense rounds, anyone got a chronograph they could bring out this weekend at the M&S as I would like to see what speed they are actually running... suppose to be a 9mm bullet running at 2000 FPS...

Liberty Ammunition Civil Defense 9x 19mm | Liberty AmmunitionLiberty Ammunition
    A 50gr 9mm, interesting.

Are there any pressure concerns with it?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    KLB, Not that I know of.... I was talking to some other guys that shoot way more than I do and they were swearing by this stuff.... seen some at Cabelas and want to see what they do on a chrono with my beretta 92FS and the Storm carbine ? They seem to be loaded with about 6 to 8 grains of powder when you weight the over all cartridge weight against one of my reloads. The bullet design is full sized on the outside and overall length but it is drilled out in the middle so it has a large hollow point cavity which I've been told opens up really well... Again I would like to see what the real velocities are and maybe find some ballistic gelatin and a old vest to see the results...

It peeked my interest enough to buy 20 rounds for 23.00...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    @Larry
    I got a 2 ton one for the car but while it did fit under the car it would NOT raise it high enough to remove the tire. :facepalm:
    Good thing I took your advice to check now. So I returned it and was going to get the next size up 4 ton which will just barely fit under the car but there were sold out by then (sears) :( So instead I ended up with the 6 ton for the van and I got that one at a steal! Reg. Prize $29.99 but today they have 10% off + I had a $10 gift card and when the lady rang it up it was ONLY $14.99 (last one) so I ended up paying $3.50 for it cash. :rofl: SSSWWWEEEETTTT!!!!

Menards did not have the 4 ton either but AutoZone does for $23.99. So hopefully in the next 2 weeks I get it once the AutoZone gift cards arrive.
    Did you check to see if the jack will fit under the car with a flat tire?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Anyone thinking about doing the shotgun match at NPCCC next Sunday? And for the few that do shoot three gun what do you think the INMG match at NPCCC will be like?

I need to get out and shoot a match, I don't care what kind.

Considering 3 gun at NPCCC already has too many shooters it might be a long day at NPCCC. Every 3 gun at NPCCC is a ton of waiting for 3 minutes of shooting. Not a knock against them but 50-80 of shooters + 6 bays = long day.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I need to get out and shoot a match, I don't care what kind.

Considering 3 gun at NPCCC already has too many shooters it might be a long day at NPCCC. Every 3 gun at NPCCC is a ton of waiting for 3 minutes of shooting. Not a knock against them but 50-80 of shooters + 6 bays = long day.

same boat... anyone else open sunday for a little bit of shotgun action?

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Yeah, I got that email. Unfortunately I know I can't run it. Last match Bruce said that he was unsure if he would be heading it up this season. He had thought that some others that are more into the game would try to take it over. Maybe those guys will run with it, even though it might be a bit more gaming and less improvising.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    @Larry

You know, you can use a tape measure.
    Minimum height of the jack needs to be BELOW the height of your jack point.

Then jack the car up.
    The max height of the jack should be ABOVE the height to your jack point.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did you check to see if the jack will fit under the car with a flat tire?

beat me to it, if it barely fits now, it surely won't fit with a flat tire!

[video=youtube_share;WWaLxFIVX1s]http://youtu.be/WWaLxFIVX1s[/video]

:facepalm:
    Can't check on the car yet as I could not find a 4 ton on. The 2 ton one will fit but it won't lift the car high enough to get a fully inflated tire off of it.
    So while I'm sure it will lift the car off enough to get the flat off I won't be able to put the full size spare on it.

On the van I'm not so sure. The 6 ton did fit but IJRC it barely fit when the tires are fully inflated. Hum.. need to look at it again tomorrow. Even if it does not I'm keeping the 6ton cause it was a steal at the price I got it at. Hum... maybe I just give up on the bottle jacks and go with these instead.
    67201154001.jpg

I have one of these in the garage and it has done it's job on a number of vehicles but it's a bit heavy and bulk to be lugging around in the van and car.
    But thinking about it I coud still use the bottle jacks even if the car is too low.
    I would have to use the jack that came with the car first to raise it just enough to then get the bottle jack in their to continue to raise it even higher.
    The siccor jacks that came with the car and van are a bit weaky for holding the car up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know, you can use a tape measure.
    Minimum height of the jack needs to be BELOW the height of your jack point.

Then jack the car up.
    The max height of the jack should be ABOVE the height to your jack point.

:puke: MATH!!!
    Besides it's not often Jedi gets to be on the dirt/pavement and get dirty and work with the cars/tires. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom