Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    How is crown brewery? I was there briefly about 2 years ago and I thought it was kinda pricey for what it was.

And as for bumper stickers I've heard to many horror stories about people with nra stickers being targeted for their guns.

Crown Brewery is OK. They have good pizza. They used to be Carriage Court pizza by the fairgrounds, and then they moved to where they are now and started doing the beer too. I'm not nuts about their beer because I have a crappy palate and would just as soon drink a Blue Moon or a Sam Adams.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    You think there is a REASON they don't make it anymore? LOL
    Yeah, it was eating into Tahoe sales. The trailblazer ext has the same towing capacity as a Tahoe and only slightly smaller than the Tahoe, with better mileage and was about $10-15k less than the Tahoe.
    They still make a trailblazer, just not the ext.

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    More snow on the way ... :faint:

BTW ... for a first time ever .45 ACP platform, should I let a novice shooter sample an XD Tactical or a 1911? Thoughts?

Screw this wintery weather bs.

Id say 1911 just because its a 1911, with that said .45 is fairly easy to manage since its a push and not a snap. Have him hold them both and see which fits his hands better, a good grip is imo the most important thing when trying out a new round.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Real life SD ammo test.

Large raccoon vs Hornady Critical Defense .38 special.

I won. Exit wound very large, assume quick expansion. Didn't even twitch.

Dogs were messing with either a sick or injured squirrel this morning. It died outside their electric fence limits by the time I got home. I picked it up and started walking to the back of the yard to toss it on the compost pile. Heard a raccoon squeaking nearby, flashed my light up a tree and less than 20' away there was a medium-large FAT coon in the crotch of the tree. Only had my sidearm, so I moved to have the tree as backstop, and fired. Rodent went limp and fell. Didn't even twitch on the ground.

I've never had such a quick kill on a pest like that. I've also not used SD ammo on pests. To say the least, I'm impressed with the performance. The bullet dumped a ton of energy into the raccoon. It penetrated the tree, but fully expanded it got maybe a half inch in. I could see the jacket in the tree by flashlight. Hole is too far up to measure, but it's not deep, and you can see the round is expanded.

Pretty impressed with the ammo.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    1911 for sure for new shooter.

No INGO stickers for me either... Seems like a good way to get a window broken for followed home to case my place... I suppose its Grey man for me too... I do have a couple stickers if any one really wants one..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom