• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    Man its nice out today! Used some of my tax money to go pay off my shield and get a holster. Took it across the street to my neighhbors backyard range and wow! I've shot one before but its better than I remember. Put 100 rounds of 115gr fmj and various jhps ffrom 115grs to 147s and they all performed as expected. Picked up 2 boxes of winchester W train and defend, they didn't have the train version but the 147gr jhps shoot really nice in the shield. Super smooth and if it performs like winchester says its going to be my new carry ammo.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    jedi, I think I've seen worst.... it had to do with 300 56K modems and a soldered together power supply etc. etc.

Sooooo made it out to the firing range yesterday but the wind and the snow and the small lakes you had to walk through all meant it was still winter....

_DSC2686hdrrge.jpg
    That is kind of what my property looks like right now. Pools of water, banks of snow and patches of grass.

And my neighbor couldn't understand why I didn't want people driving out there.:rolleyes:

On the bright side, I took a trek out there this morning to finally try out my new Mossberg 930. 20 shells later I found out it works great, shoots the buckshot we bought as a group fine and my shoulder is going to be sore. :):

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    *ears perk up* Neighbor's backyard range in CP?

Well unincorp cp. Its a real pita getting out back, especially now with all the mud and muck but I'mnot the most patient when it comes to trying out a new gun. But man I'm still impressed with the shield, I'm really glad I went with it over a kahr as I shoot better with it and I'm more confident about reliability.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    That is kind of what my property looks like right now. Pools of water, banks of snow and patches of grass.

And my neighbor couldn't understand why I didn't want people driving out there.:rolleyes:

On the bright side, I took a trek out there this morning to finally try out my new Mossberg 930. 20 shells later I found out it works great, shoots the buckshot we bought as a group fine and my shoulder is going to be sore. :):

Glad I bought the low recoil shells.

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    So it appears I've sold my sig on armslist, I've never sold a pistol ftf in indiana but have in florida. The bare minimum legal requirement is check id to make sure they're of age and get a bill of sale? is the ltch just a peace of mind thing?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Sold one yesterday, FTF. Guy had cash in one hand, his license and LTCH in the other. I glanced at the license and LTCH, grabbed the cash and said good enough. Let him look at the gun. We shook hands and left.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Well unincorp cp. Its a real pita getting out back, especially now with all the mud and muck but I'mnot the most patient when it comes to trying out a new gun. But man I'm still impressed with the shield, I'm really glad I went with it over a kahr as I shoot better with it and I'm more confident about reliability.
    Where at in unincorporated CP are you? I saw you griping about Burr south of 231, so I'm guessing you might be near us. We're at Burr & Buckhill.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    So it appears I've sold my sig on armslist, I've never sold a pistol ftf in indiana but have in florida. The bare minimum legal requirement is check id to make sure they're of age and get a bill of sale? is the ltch just a peace of mind thing?

I would ask to see a ltch as well, just cause they are of age and sign a bill of sale doesnt mean the person isnt a felon...especially since its armslist i would be thorough....but thats just me, armslist doesnt have the greatest reputation.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would ask to see a ltch as well, just cause they are of age and sign a bill of sale doesnt mean the person isnt a felon...especially since its armslist i would be thorough....but thats just me, armslist doesnt have the greatest reputation.
    A little pink piece of paper doesn't mean that either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom