• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I've always wanted to try brewing beer but it seems so complicated, ill stick to making my apple wine for now.
    Also wicker ave and 231 freaking suck with the potholes, also Burr street looks like a warzone

Not complicated at all.

Sure, you can choose to make it complicated, but it doesn't need to be.

If you have a large pot/kettle (at least 2-2.5 gallons minimum) and a food grade bucket, you have everything you need to brew beer except ingredients. You'll also need a bottle capping tool to bottle.

An extract kit will come with everything you need and directions. Heat water, add can of extract, boil and add hops. Cool it down in a icewater bath in your kitchen sink, pour into food grade bucket. Add water to make up the volume and add yeast. Wait a couple weeks, then add a cup of sugar, put this liquid with sugar added into bottles and set em aside for a month. Then, drink your beer.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When I had 2 Akitas they would grab raccoons off the top of the fence or even off lower branches of trees and tear them apart.

Oh I miss those fun times shoveling the remains over a fence in the dark :rolleyes:

Yep. My Eskie Lucy loves rabbits, and before we moved to this house, she was always catching them and leaving them around half-eaten. I had to put them in the garbage can because anywhere else would have either been neighbor's yard or still in my yard. Couldn't bury them because she would dig them up. She even dug under the chain-link fence to get to a bunny hole full of babies in the neighbor's yard. :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    file that in the ever growing crater of lunacy coming out of his mouth.

I missed c. Larry's comment and see you also did not read the link i posted. The wood box is what is recommend by the safety people when storing or transporting powder. A min of 1" its what is recommended.

Its not meant to stop a fire but suspect more to slow a fire down and/or help contain an explosion as they say the box should be vented.

I know many of you store powder just on a shelf or just in plain sisight and have never had a mishap.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Looks like I'm going to blythes for some range time monday morning. A coworker wants to try out some pistols, so I thought I'd let him try some of mine.
    Leaving M'ville 9:39am.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I may have found Jedi's unicorn.

29a4d4ff533f34a5135f9f2a57e7b71f.jpg

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Ive seen that truck before...

Side note: I've got a 3 bed 1.5 bath 1362 sqft ranch for sale in CP city limits. If interested or know someone how might be, pm me

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Bought this from the clubhouse in September. Wanted to see if it got better with age. Already my favorite to grab off the shelf, thought id put a few months on it and see how goes. Lighting now.

20140308_183119_zps91ca1553.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    At Southlake Mall w/family looking for a dress to my daughter to go to a derby in North Carolina and all I see around me are people who belong on the cast of HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO. Seriously where did all these unshowered masses come from and do they look in a mirror before they exit their trailer and think "oh hell yeah I look damn good!" Before venturing out in their spandex and camo with their guts hanging out.

Oh, and I got very conflicted when I saw a black Hello Kitty sweatshirt. I simultaneously thought of Jedi and T-star. Then I realized we never see both of them at the same time. . . sure we know they are on the train together. . . But there is no evidence they are not the same person. Then I realized that Kevin may be living with Jedi and I threw up in my mouth a little. . . And this is why you should never go to the mall.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At Southlake Mall w/family looking for a dress to my daughter to go to a derby in North Carolina and all I see around me are people who belong on the cast of HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO. Seriously where did all these unshowered masses come from and do they look in a mirror before they exit their trailer and think "oh hell yeah I look damn good!" Before venturing out in their spandex and camo with their guts hanging out.

Oh, and I got very conflicted when I saw a black Hello Kitty sweatshirt. I simultaneously thought of Jedi and T-star. Then I realized we never see both of them at the same time. . . sure we know they are on the train together. . . But there is no evidence they are not the same person. Then I realized that Kevin may be living with Jedi and I threw up in my mouth a little. . . And this is why you should never go to the mall.

:popcorn:
    Jedi can't wait for GG to see this cause old man bob is gonna get his butt :whistle:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

That is just WRONG. WRONG I tell you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom