Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    on the pot hole thingy.....

it is real bad going south bound from 173rd street to 80/94 on 41 or as Hammond calls it Indianapolis BLVD. It about swallowed my suburban along there... Not happy with the tires that came with this anyways but don't have enough cash to replace them with BF All Terrains yet.... This winter has me looking at three upgrades to her.. Tires, winch, and rear camera....

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    If anyone's interested I'm going to be listing my Sig P226 Stainless Elite in 40S&W for sale, with the case and 3 mags. Being suspended the whole month of January coupled to the fact the the IRS wants money from me, I need cash. I think I'm going to ask $800 for it.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    :drool:
    I do like that better than the ewok village. Still want to get another death star however before this. I have an unopened death star and don't plan on opening it. Investment.

But before that need to get city hall first as that set retires this year. Also the cinema will retire next year. Those two are the same total price as still set. As this set does is finally bury the death star since they now have three over 200 dollar sets

Death Star and the creator city sets are on my list of nexts.

Unfortunately some of the Technics sets that I really wanted are discontinued and too dang expensive now

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Life is good again. I have been out of the country the last three weeks in a row. Kicked back today, brewing my first European Amber Lager. I have a Stout, a Porter and an IPA on tap in my kegerator. It's going to be a good weekend.

I'm in the garage brewing 10g batch right now as well.

A hop-bombed wheat. 12lb white wheat 10 lbs 2 row 2lb caravienne. amarillo 1oz charges dropped at 60, 45, 20 and 5. Citra 1oz charges at 10, 3, flameout and 2 for dryhop.

It's a staple in my basement. Make this recipe about every other month.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    60 or 90 minute boil? Bottle conditioned?

Depends if I'm paying attention or not... Sometimes 60, sometimes 70, 80, 90... I don't always catch it as the boil starts. I usually go inside and clean equipment - fermentor and transfer hoses etc then find myself on INGO or some other internet forum. I've taken a pretty relaxed stance on brewing. True consistency be damned, I just want to make a good tasting beer. I don't measure everything, usually just eyeball it. Like the hops - they come in 2oz bags. I pour "half" into one cup and "half" into the other. I just eyeball it for similar volume.

I don't bottle carbonate anything anymore. Too inconsistent, too much risk for contamination/infection. I force-carbonate all my beer. I put it in a keg, crank the pressure to 30psi and let it sit for a few days depending on style.

Then I eather connect it to a tap faucet on the keezer or bottle it at that point using a Blichmann beer gun. Some beers that need to rest like barleywines and some heartier stouts get 100% bottled and placed in the wine rack in my basement to sit for months to years. The majority though are put right on tap and consumed pretty quickly.

I do enjoy brewing, but spending time on the brewing forums and reading the magazines, participating in competitions, was making it more a chore than anything else. There's homebrewers that like brewing, there's homebrewers that like beer. I fall into the latter. The brewing portion is a means to an end. I do what I need to do to make good beer, but if this month's good beer is slightly different than next month's good beer... I dont' care. It's good beer.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    T Star - Did you get your Remora holster yet? Got mine today, it's really nice! Thanks again for the tip.
    I did! Last week. I've only used it once, damn working in ill-annoy!
    But, I like it! I do have to wear looser shirts or a hoodie if I'm going to be moving around a lot (shooting pool) but it works great!
    And no problem! :yesway:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Put the dogs out, heard a commotion, and tried to get them back in. The two eskimos and the pom came in, but the shih tzu was frantically chewing at something. Upon closer inspection, I saw it was a dead squirrel. Groovy. :rolleyes: Had to traipse over a 3' high hill of frozen snow, shovel in hand. Tossed it over the fence into a remote corner of our front yard.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Depends if I'm paying attention or not... Sometimes 60, sometimes 70, 80, 90... I don't always catch it as the boil starts. I usually go inside and clean equipment - fermentor and transfer hoses etc then find myself on INGO or some other internet forum. I've taken a pretty relaxed stance on brewing. True consistency be damned, I just want to make a good tasting beer. I don't measure everything, usually just eyeball it. Like the hops - they come in 2oz bags. I pour "half" into one cup and "half" into the other. I just eyeball it for similar volume.

I don't bottle carbonate anything anymore. Too inconsistent, too much risk for contamination/infection. I force-carbonate all my beer. I put it in a keg, crank the pressure to 30psi and let it sit for a few days depending on style.

Then I eather connect it to a tap faucet on the keezer or bottle it at that point using a Blichmann beer gun. Some beers that need to rest like barleywines and some heartier stouts get 100% bottled and placed in the wine rack in my basement to sit for months to years. The majority though are put right on tap and consumed pretty quickly.

I do enjoy brewing, but spending time on the brewing forums and reading the magazines, participating in competitions, was making it more a chore than anything else. There's homebrewers that like brewing, there's homebrewers that like beer. I fall into the latter. The brewing portion is a means to an end. I do what I need to do to make good beer, but if this month's good beer is slightly different than next month's good beer... I dont' care. It's good beer.
    that sounds great. I too, keg everything, then occasionally use my Blichmann BeerGun to fill a couple of bombers or growlers. I did bottle my Barley Wine (With the beer gun). Then I let it condition for six months. It was about a ten month process.

Do you Gents by from Kennybrew?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    that sounds great. I too, keg everything, then occasionally use my Blichmann BeerGun to fill a couple of bombers or growlers. I did bottle my Barley Wine (With the beer gun). Then I let it condition for six months. It was about a ten month process.

Do you Gents by from Kennybrew?

I do buy from them fairly regularly...

I buy most of my equipment from them, but mail order my grains and some equipment. I get gift cards from a ton of people that get my beers, so that's kinda the driving force. Their prices are competitive with online shops, no reason not to go to them. But when I have $200 in gift cards, I'm gonna use em before I dip into my own pocket.

I try to support them though. Gonna be swinging out there once I get the mash started and can walk away for a bit. Need a new autosiphon.

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    I've always wanted to try brewing beer but it seems so complicated, ill stick to making my apple wine for now.
    Also wicker ave and 231 freaking suck with the potholes, also Burr street looks like a warzone

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Put the dogs out, heard a commotion, and tried to get them back in. The two eskimos and the pom came in, but the shih tzu was frantically chewing at something. Upon closer inspection, I saw it was a dead squirrel. Groovy. :rolleyes: Had to traipse over a 3' high hill of frozen snow, shovel in hand. Tossed it over the fence into a remote corner of our front yard.
    When I had 2 Akitas they would grab raccoons off the top of the fence or even off lower branches of trees and tear them apart.

Oh I miss those fun times shoveling the remains over a fence in the dark :rolleyes:

I did! Last week. I've only used it once, damn working in ill-annoy!
    But, I like it! I do have to wear looser shirts or a hoodie if I'm going to be moving around a lot (shooting pool) but it works great!
    And no problem! :yesway:
    Tight fitting girl clothes make handguns hard to hide. Got to dress like the bag lady who lives under the bridge! BUT PLEASE, SHOWER MORE OFTEN than that bag lady!

I always thought of him more as a pin-head. :laugh:
    You are confusing the size of his brain with the size of his head. The thug may be pea-brained, but he's got a big ole watermelon size wobbly head!

WildDeuce said:
    Careful ... they'll probably charge you an extra "get the fix-a-flat out of there" fee. Oh yeah, they'll also tell you that you need new flubes and the ker-knuckle joint is bent as well as the spracket arm needs replaced. Probably tell you that you need new headers and a taillight. Cheryl is a sly one. Keep your eye on her.
    $160 out the door, and they refilled my headlamp fluid for free!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom