• Status
    Not open for further replies.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    That's part of being a kid with growing pains and learning to spread our wings to fly in all directions at the same time and learning how to survive the crash landings.
    some parts of that part of the river back then were thick wooded and marsh land really natural looking. we would raft it and build forts. we thought we were the N.W. Indiana ancient Indian tribes. rabbit and squirrel hunt make fires cook what we caught. definitely was a learning experience.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Cross your fingers, Jedi applied for a different job and I just got confirmation that they receieved my package. Job submissions closes tomorrow.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I hate it when they confirm that they have my package...

Although I guess that is from being raised on the internet....

but in all seriousness.... are you coming back to the land of the free or still working across the thin red line ?

good luck anyways...

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    As long as you started . . .

He also needs to lower thar optic, its way too high. No way to get a cheek weld with the optic lifted up on that riser rail OVER the front sight.

He mounted the optic on a rail that is mounted on the top rail?!? The optic is designed to co-witness with the front sight (and a rear sight) not be elevated over the top of the sight so the sight can't be used.

As it is set up, the front sight is unusable and a waste of money and just added weight. And if he listens to your good advice, a rear sight will also be unusable and a waste of money too.

Actually the weapon (Bushmaster Carbon-15) came with the optic set up that way and with the front site it's aligned perfectly with the red dot (yes its been sighted in)

That being said I do plan on getting a rear site just Blythe's didn't have any in the OD green when I got the front sight and also gonna get a new optic. Like I said almost done... Just a little bit more to go and I'll be happy

I do appreciate the input though just had to clear some things up

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You will still be a prisoner over there then. I thought you were trying to better yourself, lol...

Dcat, you can try Blythe in valpo, sand burr gun ranch in Rochester Indiana offers quality training also. Dennis is a great instructor and he hosts training throughout the year with farhnum and ayoob spelling isn't right. There is also a local front sight instructor who offers training about twice a month... pm me for more information.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Actually the weapon (Bushmaster Carbon-15) came with the optic set up that way and with the front site it's aligned perfectly with the red dot (yes its been sighted in)

That being said I do plan on getting a rear site just Blythe's didn't have any in the OD green when I got the front sight and also gonna get a new optic. Like I said almost done... Just a little bit more to go and I'll be happy

I do appreciate the input though just had to clear some things up

I figured it was lower 1/3 tbh, never though it would be absolute cowit. Either way I do agree that it is rather high and should be lowered for a better cheek weld. What is the actual optic? Might be ok until you can spring for something high end. Would also be able to give you mount solutions if we knew.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    I honestly have no clue the type of optic.... No markings on it at all or even the box it came in. Its just a cheap red dot.

But honestly I have no problem with cheek weld when firing....feels just like the m16 I fired when I was in the Army.

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    You will still be a prisoner over there then. I thought you were trying to better yourself, lol...

Dcat, you can try Blythe in valpo, sand burr gun ranch in Rochester Indiana offers quality training also. Dennis is a great instructor and he hosts training throughout the year with farhnum and ayoob spelling isn't right. There is also a local front sight instructor who offers training about twice a month... pm me for more information.
    Tried sending you a pm said your inbox is full

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I keep thinking I need (want) to buy a new firearm... for no reason, of course. Maybe I need an intervention. I don't even know what I want to buy; I just want to buy something.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I have a couple long guns that could go, probably. PM me with your interests. Mayhaps I can help.

Side note, looks like the Bra Medic family is going to have another addition of the human variety. I'll be sure to post tons of pics for SadClown.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Congratulations, Bra Medic!
    baby.gif

Not even sure what I want first. Whatever it is, it will be of the dinosaur variety because I'm auto-phobic like that. Pump shotgun might be nice. Or a rifle--maybe a .223 or .308. Does the price of rifle ammo stay pretty constant as far as which calibers are cheaper? Price of ammo is probably going to be a factor.

Maybe I should get this Mossberg. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../334280-mossberg-maverick-88-26in-barrel.html $200 for a rusty gun with unknown round count that was bought used 13 years ago and can be bought new for $199.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have a couple long guns that could go, probably. PM me with your interests. Mayhaps I can help.

Side note, looks like the Bra Medic family is going to have another addition of the human variety. I'll be sure to post tons of pics for SadClown.
    Awesome man!
    No shotguns I'm guessing... lol. Still got those shells for me?
    Are you trying to get more of our hard earned stolen tax dollars?:dunno:
    He sent out his package, so he's officially a unic now... all that pink finally makes sense. lmao

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom