• Status
    Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    It's mainly hawks around here, but I did see something the other day saying that eagles sightings are slightly increasing in Indiana.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    There are 5-7 hawks in the neighborhood. On that note, even though most of you are loons, yes, there are hawks, eagles, & falcons in the "region". :laugh:
    They have yet, much to my disappointment, poached the across street neighbor's yackity obnoxious barking turd, toy yorkie and that crap bag weighs less than 5 pounds, so I wouldn't be real concerned. they leave it tied up in the front yard half the summer.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ok, good to know. I don't leave them out for very long, especially the little ones. They don't like to stay out too long, especially in the bad weather.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Well had put the cz p09 on layaway last week and wife talked me into just paying it off lol. Have to shoot it yet but love the feel of it. Trigger feels amazing. Thank you sadclown and I will be on lookout for holster so the sad clowning is completed until next time lol

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    There are a pair of Bald Eagles regularly seen south of 153rd st. Red Tail Hawks are very common, and Ive seen some bird a couple of times that's quite a bit bigger than the Red Tails and smaller than the Bald Eagle. I once found the remains of a Red Tail that had been attacked, killed, and eaten by another bird along Foss Ditch

I went to the CP show late in the day on Sunday. Found 2 brand new p238 mags for 50 bucks total and bought a couple of nylon bags and holsters very cheap. They are supposed to be made in St Louis. I saw a straw purchase in progress and alerted a sheriff on duty, he went over and had a look but did nothing. I questioned him as I left and he said he can't control what people do with their purchases after they leave the building.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    There are a pair of Bald Eagles regularly seen south of 153rd st. Red Tail Hawks are very common, and Ive seen some bird a couple of times that's quite a bit bigger than the Red Tails and smaller than the Bald Eagle. I once found the remains of a Red Tail that had been attacked, killed, and eaten by another bird along Foss Ditch

I went to the CP show late in the day on Sunday. Found 2 brand new p238 mags for 50 bucks total and bought a couple of nylon bags and holsters very cheap. They are supposed to be made in St Louis. I saw a straw purchase in progress and alerted a sheriff on duty, he went over and had a look but did nothing. I questioned him as I left and he said he can't control what people do with their purchases after they leave the building.

Where is Foss Ditch?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The Red Tail could have died any number of ways. Possibly an eagle? Possibly shot by a poacher? The birds who ate it were probably Turkey Vultures. We have plenty of those in NW Indiana. Huge birds with wingspans up to 6' and beak to tail lengths approaching 3', roughly double the size of a Red Tail Hawk, but they would not attack a healthy hawk since they are carrion birds.

We have them circling our fields, in groups, all summer. Occasionally a couple will land on the front yard. Big ugly birds.

Where is Foss Ditch?

Runs North/South from Hermits Lake down to Lake Dalcarlia through Pheasant Hills Country Club

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Larry are child support payments going to be part of your check now?
    ff687f60-a262-11e3-a998-ffe9f6d7f5dd_Wilde_Sudeikis.jpg

Some of you may know her for this role
    alg-resize-tron-olivia-wilde-jpg.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom