• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Well, you "should" be nice and try and build a relationship with everyone that comes in, that's what "may" bring them back.
    We always referred to it as 90/5/5. 90% of the sales you have to work for. 5% of the customers are "lay downs", they come in and say "I want that one" and you just do the paper and collect your commission. The other 5% are complete loons that will never buy anything and are just jacking with you whether they even know it or not. They are simply not right in the head.
    But the % of people that walk in and immediately just want a cash price because they are going to buy tomorrow that actually buy is very slight.

What the sales person should have done is asked what it would take to get him on that bike TODAY.
    If he says he's not buying today, then there's the red flag of bull crap, because if you "may buy tomorrow" there's no reason you couldn't commit to a deal today if it was presented and favorable to you. "What's it going to take?" If they shut that conversation down, then you move the conversation away from price and toward the product and other things. There's no sense in pooping out prices other than msrp to someone that has said they will not buy today even if the price was right. It's like trying to fish without bait.
    I always loved selling bikes (way more than cars) because everyone that walks in "wants one". They are not there because there existing one is a turd or wrecked or whatever like it is in the car market where a good majority are there to buy because they "have to" for some reason. Everyone coming in to buy a bike genuinely "wants to". Makes it a much more pleasurable experience on both sides of the table.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thats just too bad cause I'm going private party, **** dealers.. This money's really burning a hole in my pocket
    You should have bought a bike in December if you wanted a deal from a private party. Week before Christmas is the best time to part a chump from his motorcycle for a great deal. I've done it for years. I start looking 1st of November and buy until end of January at next years wholesale prices.
    This years market started Valentines Day and will be dead by the 4th of July. That's the way it always is.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Point is their pissy cause I'm not financing. Thats their only way to make money.

No.

I never finance vehicles.

Salesrep makes money when the sale is made.

Dealer may make money on the financing but I don't know of a dealer that shares the financing profits with the sales reps on the floor.

When lost you the attention of the sales rep was when you told her that you might buy today, or maybe a month from now.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Yea I was browsing Honda and Yamaha, Yamaha took the win with how they handled the situation. However, their pricing is rediculous and they just use the setup and destination fee as a bargaining tool cause magically those are wiped away when you say your not paying msrp.

Honda didn't even give it a chance, at least Yamaha made an attempt, but just poor pricing.

I'll stay private party and take the risk of a abused machine

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok, I just did a quick search here on INGO and couldn't find the info I'm looking for...

PAGING ACTAEON OR SADCLOWN
    or anyone else that knows the definite answer!!!

Are the overall size specs on the M&P40C and 9C the same? I'm 99% sure they are, but I want to know 100% before I go ordering a Remora holster. Thanks! :)
    I even looked at the S&W website, but they don't have the same amount of info listed for the guns, so that wasn't much help. All that really told me was that the barrel length is the same, which makes me think it would be fine. Remora's website only lists the 9C in their "fits these guns" list, which is why I'm posing this question.

I'd have to check, but they should be the same.
    I seem to remember something about being able to swap barrels. But don't quote me, I'd have to find out.

Google? GOOGLE? Who uses google? :p (I did, earlier this week, but I think I will again, in case I missed something.)
    Now I'm actually looking at Alien Holsters...dear darkkevin just mentioned them to me. :rolleyes: I don't want just Kydex on my skin, otherwise I'd gladly use the holsters Lone made for Kevin. Unfortunately, I'm thinking some of the places I go by myself (some of the bars I play pool leagues in, because of some of their patrons) I might have to actually CC because that's better then not carrying anything other then my pocket knife.

:n00b:

Oh yea, that's right. Thanks!
    I'll ask him tonight if I don't figure it out.

You didn't remember.

I got a little suede IWB holster for my revolvers.. they feel really good against my skin. Only thing is they are not rigid like kydex.

:nailbite:

I just ordered a Remora for my M&P40C. It turns out I can fit more in my pants then I thought. :cool::banana:

:stretcher:

It's surprising how much will fit in our pants in a pinch. :rockwoot:

OH COME ON. You guys are KILLING ME.

Whatever....You were looking to buy a Prius......Don't lie!!!!!

:draw:
    Fighting words
    Fighting words - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A blue one at that.
    Fighting words - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

:xmad::xmad::xmad:
    :ar15:

ooooohhhhhhhhhhh :rofl:
    u r so wrong Joe!!!
    But it is ssssoooo ttttrrrruuuueeee. :)

:bat:
    10-self-execution-device.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Larry got there late (real late). We were all eating our main meals by then. By the time he got his meal there were some members that had already left. Actually some of the members are STILL THERE!!!

Class ran over 1.25 hours in Indy.
    Dropped off INGOer that I shared a ride with at my house.
    Then..... I DROVE TO THE WRONG PLACE.
    DUh!
    I went to the Paragon. You guys weren't there.
    I looked online, duh! Jedi's Garden.
    Now I had went east. So now I had to go west to get to Jedi's.
    It's rough getting old.

Ok I gotcha. If I hadn't been at the ER with LadyGhost I would have been there, but as always, family comes first.

We understand GOW.
    If you or LadyGhost needs anything, let me know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom