actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I must spend too much time a Blythe's.
    Today I was answering some questions a guy had about shotguns, when a customer came up and asked if I could show him a gun behind the counter.:rockwoot:

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Thanks for tips.

Frosty and KLB, have you used them for duct cleaning or only HVAC repair/installation?

My kids seem to have some allergies and getting my ducts cleaned properly is a high on my priority list to help determine if its a contributing factor that has had my youngest in the hospital...

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I am now finished with the planning stages of my 1000 yard gun.
    It follows as such.

Rifle: Savage 10P 20" Heavy Barrel
    I must get the barrel threaded for the
    Muzzle Break: PWS FSC30
    Which will really eliminate the Optic from coming off target, and the
    Optic: Bushnell Elite 6500 4-30x50
    Which will set inside of the
    Rings: 6 Hole Weaver Tactical Rings
    But what would all that be without a good
    Base: Weaver Extended Multislot 20 MOA Scope Base
    And what would all this be without a proper
    Bipod: GG&G XDS-2 Tactical Bipod.

I may or may not add an extended mag to it at a later date.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks for tips.

Frosty and KLB, have you used them for duct cleaning or only HVAC repair/installation?

My kids seem to have some allergies and getting my ducts cleaned properly is a high on my priority list to help determine if its a contributing factor that has had my youngest in the hospital...

Do you have any type of UV system in the HVAC?
    Also what type of filter are you using for your HVAC?

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    I am now finished with the planning stages of my 1000 yard gun.
    It follows as such.

Rifle: Savage 10P 20" Heavy Barrel
    I must get the barrel threaded for the
    Muzzle Break: PWS FSC30
    Which will really eliminate the Optic from coming off target, and the
    Optic: Bushnell Elite 6500 4-30x50
    Which will set inside of the
    Rings: 6 Hole Weaver Tactical Rings
    But what would all that be without a good
    Base: Weaver Extended Multislot 20 MOA Scope Base
    And what would all this be without a proper
    Bipod: GG&G XDS-2 Tactical Bipod.

I may or may not add an extended mag to it at a later date.

I would love to take a look at it when you have it completed. I have a 10p, I believe also. I bought it from you guys sometime in the last 12 months. Was a used gun when I picked it up. Has a vortex scope on it. I need a 20 moa base for it. I like the idea of a muzzle brake.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I would love to take a look at it when you have it completed. I have a 10p, I believe also. I bought it from you guys sometime in the last 12 months. Was a used gun when I picked it up. Has a vortex scope on it. I need a 20 moa base for it. I like the idea of a muzzle brake.

It isn't like it truly needs a muzzle break, but if not the muzzle will jump, and i won't be able to watch the bullet path with the scope.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi:

In do not have a UV system. And I use the 3m filtrete filters for allergens.

School me if you have some experience please

which 3M Filtrete are you using?
    I was in your boat 3 years ago and got rid of them as they are overpriced and you can get better filters by ordering direct from makers.
    I have to give Ds a bath but will be back in 1 hour with more info and the link.

We are using MERV 13 in the house right now which beats everything 3M has on the market.
    The highest they have is MERV 12 IIRC.

Here is an understanding of MERV values
    Understanding MERV or the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value

Note DO NOT try to buy MERV 16 as your furnace will most likely not be able to handle it.
    The higher the value the smaller the 'holes' in the filter to capture more stuff but at the same time the more blow your furnace has to do to get the air to circulate. If you have an older furnace you are going to overwork it trying to push thru the higher filters.

You either need to get a newer powerful furnace (oversized) or stay at the low end of the "high end filters" MERV 13 being that.
    MERV 13 is the bare min that the hospitals use.

Got to find the link to where I bought mine in BULK for real cheap. I bought enough to last me 5 years (changed every 3 months).
    Saw a big improvement with the kids and their asthma issues.

They are a no-name brand made direct from the mang to size and merv value you specificy for cheaper per unit than the most expensive 3M filter!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here is the post with the web vendor that I got the filters from

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ess/180530-bulk-furnance-filter-discount.html

If you can wait till the next holiday (either Halloween or Thanksgiving) I'm sure I will have another 15% discount code again. They keep sending them to me since I bought in bulk. The trick is to buy in bulk and the price ends up being cheaper than the 3M ones. Shipping is free after $65 which you will easily pass when you buy in bulk. They have 5% discount right now on the website but I get the 15% ones often enough.

Now as for the UV light system I would tell you to wait. The furnace guy that installed my furnace (retired now) told me it's not worth it (by itself). Basically the UV system kills everything as it passes the light. But unless you are cycling the air 24/7 and have a way to contain the house it's pointless. Without the air circulating 24/7 (ie. having the furnace fan running 24/7) the death of the microorganisms is only as good as what goes thru the UV light. In addition if your house is not fully sealed (which it can't be since you need to get out) you will always have some level of microorganisms alive. For the system to work you really need to seal all the windows, keep them shut, do a sealant to the HVAC system, get a furnace that can handle 24/7 fan blowing, and upgrade the filter.

He recommend I do the filter upgrade first for the little ones as that is the least expenses item to start with. Moving up to the MERV 13 helped us a lot we saw a decrease in the asthama issues. We eventually got all new windows and had them sealed right but never got the UV system just did not need it cost vs need.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thanks for tips.

Yes we dod. We had them cleaned a couple of years ago.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Jedi, just looked up what I have for air filters, it appears to be a M5. Thanks for that site, I'm going to look into getting some M13s, please post a code when you get one.

As for the Riesling, you're really going to have to go to a liquor store to get a good selection, Stracks is only going to carry the more common ones. CSM Harvest Select is going to be sweeter than the regular you had, might start there. I can try to pull you some sales data and find you some stuff in you're area when I get a chance, but I'd probably start at Party Liquors on Broad St., or maybe Liquor Bucket in Merrillville. I'd say go to St John Liquors or Wine & Spirits, but...well you know....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, just looked up what I have for air filters, it appears to be a M5. Thanks for that site, I'm going to look into getting some M13s, please post a code when you get one.

As for the Riesling, you're really going to have to go to a liquor store to get a good selection, Stracks is only going to carry the more common ones. CSM Harvest Select is going to be sweeter than the regular you had, might start there. I can try to pull you some sales data and find you some stuff in you're area when I get a chance, but I'd probably start at Party Liquors on Broad St., or maybe Liquor Bucket in Merrillville. I'd say go to St John Liquors or Wine & Spirits, but...well you know....

M5 ouch! Now granted adults can handle the air quality better than little ones so until what 1.5 years ago it would not have been an issue for you.
    Jedi had to learn about this due to aging grandma with oxygen machine and little ones with "kids asthma" several years back.

Thanks of the wine tip. Jedi would be interested to know on sweeter stuff in the area. I'm 1/2 thru the current bottle and e-n-j-o-y-i-n-g it! :):

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI

No! Jedi NO! Don't come to my liquor store & contaminate it with your pink filth!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Actaeon... I get that all the time there too....

Sadclown, the Savage 20 inch kicks pretty good, I'd get the break for that too....

My 700 PSS doesn't kick half as much in stock configuration.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom