Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No! Jedi NO! Don't come to my liquor store & contaminate it with your pink filth!

Hum... do they carry the Hello Kitty PINK wine?
    hellokittywine1.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    HVAC Things Part 2

Also when you get your air ducts cleaned consider getting them sealed as well. The sealant is a spray they inject into your duct work **AFTER** they clean them. It's good for up to 10 years and ensures the duct system does not have any 'holes' in it where the air will leak out. Makes the HVAC system more efficient and also keeps dust/microorganisms out of the system apart from the bigger holes where the main unit is at.

Another thing to look at is your carpet. How old is it? How much 'damage' does it have. Carpets are nice and soft but they are a hotbed for crap to grown on and under the carpets is even worse! No matter how much you vaccum stuff still lives in there. We ended up getting rid of our main room carpet as it was bad. Went with a vyln ??sp?? floor instead. 2 out of the 3 bedrooms still have carpet but it's relatively new under 4 years old. In another 2 to 4 years those are also going to go bye bye as well.

In terms of the air filters Jedi already got some PMs for a mini group buy. Hum... that might work out if we have enough interest and we get another code soon.
    But it's going to depend on the air filter size you have. Filters come in packs of 6. So it's 6, 12, 18, 24, etc...

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Group buy sounds good to me....

I have a 20x20.

I have a newer 95% furnace that I actually do keep the fan running 24/7. I am not as concerned with the UV (heard the same as you) but definitely need to clean these ducts. (Smoke & pet free also). There is about 300 sq/ft of carpet in my home and that includes the 3 bedrooms.

It was new 5 years ago, probably time to replace it.

It looks like for about $1000 I can really clean up the air in this house for the kiddos...think I can convince them Santa brought them new carpet?!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Group buy sounds good to me....

I have a 20x20.

I have a newer 95% furnace that I actually do keep the fan running 24/7. I am not as concerned with the UV (heard the same as you) but definitely need to clean these ducts. (Smoke & pet free also). There is about 300 sq/ft of carpet in my home and that includes the 3 bedrooms.

It was new 5 years ago, probably time to replace it.

It looks like for about $1000 I can really clean up the air in this house for the kiddos...think I can convince them Santa brought them new carpet?!

Unless Santa brings tttttttoooooooyyyyyyysssssssss the answer is NOPE!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have a 16x20x1. House is 2 years old. Probably need to have ducts cleaned from construction, but waiting until they finish some of the lots around me. Kicks up a lot of dirt and we have the windows/doors open a lot.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Thanks for tips.

Frosty and KLB, have you used them for duct cleaning or only HVAC repair/installation?

My kids seem to have some allergies and getting my ducts cleaned properly is a high on my priority list to help determine if its a contributing factor that has had my youngest in the hospital...
    I only used Illiana for installation and maintenance. I don't know if they offer duct cleaning!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom