Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not worried about that little hiccup. It will be cleared up soon enough. Talked to a guy at another cigar lounge where the same thing happened. Said it was just a formality and took a few days to straighten out.

Still bizarre that my store is EXEMPT from the law, because specific wording in the law SPECIFICALLY exempts cigar lounges, tobacco shops, etc and then the ATC requires that we fill out a waiver form. But them is the rules. I can't say they make sense, but the government stopped by to help us and this is what we got.

Everyone is still invited to stop by and smoke a cigar under the tent . . . there are ways to get around this until our waiver is granted.
    Ditto.

oooohhhh does that mean Jedi can now go? :puke: :rofl:

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    Holy crap , Jedi is now in a bromance with bradmedic and now the same Jedi is cruising in his lowered impala with it's hydraulics jumpin south of 30. What's next ? maybe Jedi will be showing up at a cigar night or maybe he will show up at the next meet and shoot with his new pink glock with the custom side mounted sights.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Anyone have lots (LOTS) of military brass (5.56x45, 7.62x51) to process? Got Dillon Swager running well, the stainless tumbler is AWESOME and the Giraud trimmer and annealer should be along soon.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Digging up 2 pages back...

Well, the no smoking inside a business (any in Indiana) just started.
    Yes, you have to meet certain specifications to smoke in there, and you will be subject to the King's Men (or Indiana's ATC) inspecting you.
    It's Daddy Gov looking out for us.

I'd have to check on the smoking and eating together thing.

It will get better.
    We (my Legion Post) has been fined by the IRS, for their (IRS) mistake. They finally admitted the fine was wrong, after 11 months of harassment, threatening to turn over everything to a collection agency, and telling us the agency was authorized to confiscate our building and land, for a $400 fine that wasn't ours.
    Then, the ATC came by. Because we are a "private club" there are certain rules we have to adhere to. Such as only authorized members, and their guests allowed. Only one guest per member, so I can't have a married couple visit as a guest. Guest can not buy their drinks.
    $500 fine, which is ours, we just didn't know the fine print.
    Now, the Gaming Commission stopped by. 2 day inspection. No fine. In fact we were complemented for following MOST of their rules. Some small things we had to correct over the weekend. Gaming rules started out as a couple stapled papers, and now equates to a phone book.

So... clubhouse = members only with membership fee/initiation $10 stick purchase? Heck, I don't think I've left there for less than $20, and have broken 100 on more than one visit. What constitutes membership?

Hey Bob NWI could really use a nice indoor range .

We had one. It was called Rangemasters, and was in Chesterton right off 94. Nobody went there, ever.

Yes it could.
    Can anyone guess the odds of a NWI community throwing up every possible road block and red tape though.
    They tried to get one at the old Fetla's.
    Another tried, I think it was in Hobart.
    Everyone had a poop attack.

I never got any "solid" details on either of those, but I have done a fairly extensive feasibility study on an indoor range for NWI. If you have about 1.5 million clams, i'd be happy to be a consultant...

Fetlas had a residential area in close proximity against it. Citizens a council meetings = tension.

I see no reason that you would not be able to get one approved along the commercial area of the 65 corridor in Crown Point. Problem is cost of start up and build out. Not the zoning, etc. (my opinion)
    Again, I put a pretty extensive amount of research into it, including actually talking to 85% of the police chiefs in the county and/or the department's head of training; among other folks, like developers, politicians, shooter, cops, etc.
    In just LEO alone there are a ton of customers looking to shoot, both on and off duty. Not to mention the 7 surrounding counties of LEOS come to the place in Hobart for class training then are on their own for the 16 hours of range time.
    HOWEVER.
    I figure even operating at MAX cap. for 5 hours a day with at $15/hour range fee it would take over 60 months to generate the initial 1.5 mil. And that doesn't even account for operating overhead or interest on borrowed funds.

oh, then there's the whole problem of how most shooters are bunch of f'ing cheapasses...

Again, may I restate we had an amazing indoor range and rental range right in Chesterton. Excellent ventilation, great backstop, pretty long range for an indoor, and they're no longer with us. Unless there's a story that went along with them closing down, I haven't heard it. Every time I went there I was the only one on the range. Occasionally there would be one or maybe two people there other than myself.

But, if someone wants to build another kickass indoor range, I for one would patronize it.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    The tent at the cigar lounge is coming down in the morning!

We can smoke cigars INSIDE the cigar lounge again (officially approved by the A.T.C. 30 min ago).

:rockwoot: Therefore JEDI is still BANNED from the NWI Clubhouse :rockwoot:

I will be in around 9:30 with no munchkins or coffee :n00b:

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I'm not understanding what the huge draw of an indoor range is. Why is it advantageous? What's wrong with outdoor range. Doesn't Blythe's have a range?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom