Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    jedi is fine.
    got home last night, unpacked a ton of stuff that jedi wont be taking back today (actually jedi is already at the appleseed event), took apart them 10/22, cleaned it, stored some of the gear, showered, ate, did a few things for taw.net, called it a day and was in bed by 9pm.

so :p

was in some pain/hurt/sore last night but all better now.

Getting old like the rest of us.:fogey:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    jedi is fine.
    got home last night, unpacked a ton of stuff that jedi wont be taking back today (actually jedi is already at the appleseed event), took apart them 10/22, cleaned it, stored some of the gear, showered, ate, did a few things for taw.net, called it a day and was in bed by 9pm.

so :p

was in some pain/hurt/sore last night but all better now.

Getting old like the rest of us. :fogey::lmfao:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Earlier today my wife painted the powder room. So I just finished repainting it.

She used masking tape across the top of the toilet tank lid? Why not take the tank lid off???

She painted behind the mirror, but missed behind the door . . . because it was open???

Someone shoot me.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Ok so a friend has an uncle that has a very large piece of property in Illinois.
    His uncle (an FFL) says he shoots on the property all the time, and that i would be more than welcome to come and shoot on his land.
    Does anybody know if this would be legal or not? He said he would look into it to double check, but I figured id ask on here.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok so a friend has an uncle that has a very large piece of property in Illinois.
    His uncle (an FFL) says he shoots on the property all the time, and that i would be more than welcome to come and shoot on his land.
    Does anybody know if this would be legal or not? He said he would look into it to double check, but I figured id ask on here.[/QUOTE

where is said land?
    any city, county ordinance against it?
    assuming none, if the land owner gives you permission you are ok legally so long as ypu obey the il laws and transport in legal manner.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Illinois has special laws for different county's or towns or city's that you would have to make sure of before taking certain firearms or devices in those individual area's...

Recently I was going to conduct a photo shoot for Gunbunnies in Cook County and I had to find another location for the shoot after talking to the Cook County Sheriff's Department about my intentions. The AR15's we were going to use in the photo's would be illegal there and he stated that we would be arrested on a felony possession charge if we entered their county with said firearms..

The way I understand it over there is if you are transporting through the State with no intentions of stopping in the State then you could transport through but if you are going to stop in the State you have to make sure the type of firearms you are transporting are legal at the location you are going...

Anybody else want to chime in.... but that is my understanding... and was the Sheriff's explanation...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If you haven't been to an Appleseed yet, do yourself a favor and sign up for one.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We had a great time.

D9F0C15F-336E-40BF-98F9-A5141797D9D7-16204-00001A62A33EF65B_zps4caa1097.jpg

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    where is said land?
    any city, county ordinance against it?
    assuming none, if the land owner gives you permission you are ok legally so long as ypu obey the il laws and transport in legal manner.

Illinois has special laws for different county's or towns or city's that you would have to make sure of before taking certain firearms or devices in those individual area's...

Recently I was going to conduct a photo shoot for Gunbunnies in Cook County and I had to find another location for the shoot after talking to the Cook County Sheriff's Department about my intentions. The AR15's we were going to use in the photo's would be illegal there and he stated that we would be arrested on a felony possession charge if we entered their county with said firearms..

The way I understand it over there is if you are transporting through the State with no intentions of stopping in the State then you could transport through but if you are going to stop in the State you have to make sure the type of firearms you are transporting are legal at the location you are going...

Anybody else want to chime in.... but that is my understanding... and was the Sheriff's explanation...

His property is in Crete.
    I would have an Ar-15 with 30 round mags and an M&P 9 full size with 17 rounds mags.

Sorry forgot to mention that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom