Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's actually an ad for a different article, I think. The site is an online parenting magazine, so it's all in the context of parenting.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    So I got off of work at 2am.....I just got home. A drive that usually takes me about 20 minutes took an hour and a half. Most of it was helping two other people get unstuck....if you dont have a 4WD or an AWD vehicle just stay off the damn roads, especially in the open county roads >.<

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    But I got three complete sentences out of him, which is more than I've seen in the whole time I've been here. :alright:

It will be cold as **** in there, so that will keep the asscrack aromas down to a minimum. I'm sick, so I should probably just stay home and hold out for Porter County. But it's three blocks from home, so there's that.

I'll see how I feel in the morning. Would somebody PM me where breakfast is, just in case I feel like stopping by?
    Have you been to the Crown Point show before? I'm not trying to deter you from it, if you haven't, but trust me, the stench is 10x worse when you're shorter then most of the people there. And breakfast, gunbunnies will be at a place that serves excellent cheeseburgers, and is one of the few places I like their omelettes at. It starts with an S and has red lettering. :-D

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Sup everyone!!!!!

Just wanted to pass this on to anyone Interested:
    So after a great (kidless) dinner last night at Olive Garden, the wife and I stop in at Gander Mtn by Southlake. In talking with a worker there he tells me that on Febuary 4th they are going to have a sweet sale. Guns, ammo, pretty much everything in the store. The one thing that jumped out to me in this sale...... Buy a Sig 1911-45, get a Sig 1911-22 FREE! YES I said FREE!!!!!! NOW of course the Sig 1911-45's are around $1100.00 but I though it is going to be a sweet deal....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I knew the back roads were gonna be getting bad. They were starting to get drifts around 530 or so on my way home from Lowell.
    Well no fencing for Lowell kids today.

The Tri-Creek administration just cancelled our bus to the fencing tournament at the University of Chicago due to bad road conditions.

Too bad, its a great, very competitive tournament at an interesting place. This event gets kids from across the midwest, probably the 2nd most competitive event of the season. The school is very gothic in architecture and the campus is absolutely beautiful (inside the campus, not so much along the main roads). My daughter took 3rd place at this event last year when she was a H.S. senior. Our Lowell kids were looking forward to this event, despite the fact that they knew they would take a drubbing.

Apparently blowing and drifting conditions have a lot of the rural roads nearly impassible this morning. I know they were bad last night. I was busting through drifts that swallowed the roadway with the Touareg. My wife was driving our daughter's VW Jetta and had to stay in the tracks I made with the Touareg to follow me home. It was like all the snow that was in the farm fields was picked up by the wind and simply deposited into large deep drifts on the roadways. I saw a Ford Taurus that was buried up to the door handles stuck in a drift IN THE MIDDLE of the road.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Have you been to the Crown Point show before? I'm not trying to deter you from it, if you haven't, but trust me, the stench is 10x worse when you're shorter then most of the people there. And breakfast, gunbunnies will be at a place that serves excellent cheeseburgers, and is one of the few places I like their omelettes at. It starts with an S and has red lettering. :-D

Yeah, I'm a moron. A few minutes after I asked which restaurant, I went "duh, of course", but I was already back in bed and was not getting back up to post. :faint:

I went to the CP show in December. It was the first gun show I had been to, and yes, it was disappointing. It was first thing Saturday morning, so maybe it didn't have time to smell yet. All I smelled was the nuts. Um, let me rephrase that. The lady who sells the almonds and cashews was there, and they smelled so good I took home a package.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Anybody that didn't get it..... I'm stopping at Schoop's on In 55 or Taft in Crown Point.... Should be there about 8:30....

Thanks T-Star for the clarification... I've met a couple other INGO people there before so I thought they would know.. my mistake...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've met you at the Valpo Schoops before, but I should have made the connection... it was the middle of the night... blame it on the Ambien.:rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom