• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So who's going to the Crown Point show this weekend?
    Fencing tournament at University of Chicago tomorrow, then National Honors Society Awards on Sunday at Lowell H.S. so I'm busy all weekend. No C.P. gun show for me.

The Valpo gun show is in three weeks at the Porter County Expo Center on Feb. 15-16. Some say the best in the area.
    Yup. Valpo has always been much better than CP.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Snapdragon, I'll be at the show in the morning.... and anyone on here that's going will know where I'll be for breakfast before the show.... Anyone wants to join me I always like to talk gun's.....

Anyone that is having problems with the trigger on their Ruger pocket pistols, you might want to check this after market trigger for them...

Galloway Precision :: Ruger? Performance :: LC9 and LC380 Performance Parts

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW ... Federal .22LR 40 grain LRN ... 50 round boxes ... $2.99 each @ Cabela's this morning. Limit of two boxes (100 rounds). There were at least 30 ... maybe 40 boxes on the shelf and nobody seemed particularly interested in snatching them up.

Did you pick some up for the INGO YOUTH EVENT @ WINAMAC?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I might stop at the Schererville one after Crown Point... although it normally only takes about 15 minutes to walk through that one....

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Sorry for the lengthy post/multiquote but I've been at work for the last 18 hours and had some catching up to do.

I'm pissed right now. I saw a S&W 1905-4 .38 with mother of pearl grips in on Armslist--no pics. "PERFECT working order,locks up tight and timing is perfect". Asked the guy to send me pics and his best price if he was willing to ship to Indiana. He sent pics and said he would take $250. I said how much for shipping, and he said he would not ship from TN. :rolleyes:

I've not had ONE SINGLE positive experience with armslist. Craigslist is shifty, then add in open sales of firearms and it brings out the shadiest of folks. People from IL blatently posting with an IL phone number (708) - 474 - xxxx and saying "I live in IN though". Umm... 474 aint a cellphone number, that's landline for lansing. I did try to do a FTF once off armslist, as a buyer. I was ready to drop almost $2000 on a 28" Perazzi 12ga o/u (Fair Market Value about $3500). I drove an hour and a half to Lafayette, seller didn't show. Didn't answer phone. Finally as I'm leaving Lafayette he answers. I ask him what's going on, I've been waiting an hour. He says he worked late and overslept and is on his way. Ok, fair enough. I wait, dude finally shows up in a car worth less than the gun for sale with a damned Ruger Red Label. I ask where's the Perazzi. He says "this is it, Perazzi made these for Ruger" If I ever wanted to punch someone in the mouth more than that moment.... (In my defense, the pictures in the ad WERE of a Perazzi, with Kolar barrel inserts/chokes.)

I'll keep an eye on armslist on occasion, but have pretty much written it off. Unless they're REALLY local, I'm not going to even attempt a deal. Tried to sell on there once. More scammers than craigslist. It's like armslist attracts only the worst of the craigslist wierdos/scammers. It's the Walmart of craigslist.

Anybody owned a beretta tomcat? Looking at one for the misses...she thinks it's cute but I've read some less-than-flattering reviews, particularly about the lifespan of the gun.
    I think she should just stick with the glock 36 and 17 she knows and loves, but obviously I'm not going to stand in the way of another purchase.

They're great guns. Know their limitations, direct blowback action and small caliber. I've had a .32 and a .22 (jetfire) and loved em. Wish I never sold them, but priorities at the time dictated the decision.

I did like my G36, both times I've owned one. But ultimately they've hit the sales floor.

You can pick one up on the used market pretty reasonably. Look for one in .22lr as a trial, even the Taurus version. Cheap, same dimensions.

Those are awesome. And you get a bonus. Every time you click you get to see a boob.

I clicked many a time. Zero boob...

So who's going to the Crown Point show this weekend?

I'm considering stopping by to look for some reloading components, that's pretty much it. Show's a wash for the last few years.

The Valpo gun show is in three weeks at the Porter County Expo Center on Feb. 15-16. Some say the best in the area.

I've tried to go twice, both times within the last year ish. I pulled up, parking lot full, visible line out the buildling, drove the hour there, and the hour home.

Agreed. IMHO, it blows away the rest around here. Not expecting much tomorrow, seeing we went to the 1500 last weekend, but it's something to do.

I see the 1500 as something to do, the local shows, if they're even remotely difficult to access, are a waste of time. I.E. after driving an hour to the valpo show, seeing a line 200ft long out the door.... NO FREAKING WAY.

Others have heard my reason here for not going, but since your new I'll re iterate...

Cpt show is full a bunch of strokes who smell like wet nasty ass... Seriously. Go there and let me know how it goes...

Good, I'm not the only one that notices this. I go to the beerfest every year in the same building, at the end of May. The smell is insignificant for late-May beerfest, but intolerable for mid january gunshow. Go figure.

Fencing tournament at University of Chicago tomorrow, then National Honors Society Awards on Sunday at Lowell H.S. so I'm busy all weekend. No C.P. gun show for me.

Yup. Valpo has always been much better than CP.

After you're done beating teenagers with metal sticks, let me know how that mead is.

Any one going to schereville gun show instead of CP?

I went to that once, when it was in the Villa Cesare buildling behind home depot. There were hardly enough guns to call it a gun show. Should've been called a garage sale. So much worthless crap, so much space dedicated to it.

No, I don't know where you go for breakfast.
    Just getting outta work. My boss can't make a schedule or apparently communicate.
    Hm. I'm not alone then.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ctc is nothing but positive.

But I got three complete sentences out of him, which is more than I've seen in the whole time I've been here. :alright:

It will be cold as **** in there, so that will keep the asscrack aromas down to a minimum. I'm sick, so I should probably just stay home and hold out for Porter County. But it's three blocks from home, so there's that.

I'll see how I feel in the morning. Would somebody PM me where breakfast is, just in case I feel like stopping by?

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I clicked many a time. Zero boob...

When I click this 20 Funny Awkward Family Photos the first thing I see is a baby with an oreo in his hand, on his mom's breast. Nobody else sees that? It's a cute picture. The kid looks a bit angry, like "why do I have this *** in my face when I could be having an oreo?" Here is a direct link to the pic.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom