Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    FYI
    Town of Griffith Water Boil in effect.
    Main town water line on Broad St south of the tracks got hit during construction last night.
    Residents south of the tracks have little to no water.
    Residents north of the tracks have low water pressure.

Visit town of griffith website and/or griffith police facebook back for more info.

All the more reason to hook my well back up to a spigot in the garage.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Looks like a pretty good response for the NRA show. Maybe I should start a new thread so all the info doesn't get lost.

Should I start a thread in the break room????

Or would that be under INGO events???

INGO EVENTS

Maybe something like 'NWI INGO Carpool to NRA SHOW' or something like that.

You want to make sure that it indicates the ride sharing is coming from NWI . . . maybe even narrow it down by County?

I don't know. I just looked at the sticky for posting in the INGO event section.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lines-posting-events-read-before-posting.html

No "feeler" threads here. This forum is for specific INGO events only. If you're in the beginning stages of trying to put something together, and a "feeler" thread would be helpful, then post it in the appropriate forum first. eg. "Who wants to play poker?" goes in the Break Room, "Who wants to go shooting with me at XXX Range?" goes in General Firearms Discussion. Same goes for if you're trying to organize something around a non-INGO event (like "Let's meet at the Indy 1500!").
    Please title the thread with the name of the event and the date (including year).

The first post should clearly state all pertinent information (date, time, location, rules, etc), and should be edited with any new information as time goes.

AARs can go into their own thread, or be attached to the original planning thread. If you post a separate AAR thread, be sure to title it with the event name and date as well.

Maybe I'll just put something in the break room.
    What do you think Jedi?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Larry put it in the EVENTS THREAD since the event date is 'already set' (per the NRA).
    Title it "NWI INGO Carpool to NRA SHOW Sign Up"

Use the when, where, time, format and you should be OK.
    You will have to manage the car pool list as the post get dumped into that thread.

For example:

WHEN: <date>
    WHERE: Car pool caravan will met at <xyz>

Car 1: Driver - Larry
    Seat 1: Joe
    Seat: Cliff

Car 2: Driver - LoneHoosier
    Seat 1: 3Steps
    Seat 2: Open
    Seat 3: Open
    Seat 4: Open

Car 3: Jedi
    Seat 1: etc...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    @Larry put it in the EVENTS THREAD since the event date is 'already set' (per the NRA).
    Title it "NWI INGO Carpool to NRA SHOW Sign Up"

Use the when, where, time, format and you should be OK.
    You will have to manage the car pool list as the post get dumped into that thread.

For example:

WHEN: <date>
    WHERE: Car pool caravan will met at <xyz>

Car 1: Driver - Larry
    Seat 1: Joe
    Seat: Cliff

Car 2: Driver - LoneHoosier
    Seat 1: 3Steps
    Seat 2: Open
    Seat 3: Open
    Seat 4: Open

Car 3: Jedi
    Seat 1: etc...

I don't know Jedi. It sounds a lot like.
    Same goes for if you're trying to organize something around a non-INGO event (like "Let's meet at the Indy 1500!").

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nah that is gg's job.

Are those 'confederate' soldiers on the wall in the back?
    Man what a bunch of rednecks alright!
    Glad you went to represent us, princess. :rofl:
    Nite all, tomorrow Jedi will hopefully make another dent in the .223 trimming pile. :faint:

1st, There is no way I could "represent" you.
    2nd, there are some pics, one had Abe Lincoln. The soldiers were figures up on shelves. Yes, the room decoration was a bit over the top. It's called the "Patriot Grill", what do you expect?
    3rd, someone that can't handle Black Betty, shouldn't be calling anyone "princess".

[video=youtube;tA5XmtD_LPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA5XmtD_LPo[/video]

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    so i just got back from work.....oh man i had to stop myself from waking up the whole house with the princess results....

Also I have the ATT version of the S4 so i'm limited on my customizability with it....but hey its still rooted, i could still put a limited amount of custom roms on it and tether....so /shrug i'm happy with it

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    So as you guys know Griffith is still under a water boil effect at least until WED morning due to the main water line broken. Some places are still without water, while others have some pressure. Well in typically fashion the Griffith PD FB page is lit up with people complaining
    - they have no water
    - the town SHOULD provide bottle water
    - why boil the water
    - their is NO bottle water left at xyz store
    - lack of information on what to do if I drank the water (without boiling)
    - can the water be used to bath in it
    - why SHOULD I have to go out to get water when I pay my water bill to Griffith
    :faint:

Jedi doesn't care for the police but in this case Jedi feels bad for them (just for a sec) as they have to deal with all these :blahblah: residents that are NOT prepared! But it's a good wake up call to move further south! :)

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Long shot but does anyone have an old ceiling fan they want to get rid of? Or one you bought but never got around to installing?

I heat my garage with a wall mounted natural gas fireplace. But with 12' cielings, it's pretty cold still when I'm under the car. Thinking if I can get a cheap/free fan it might help. Using a box fan now just to circulate and it helps, garage is 60° in 30 min once I turn up the thermostat (keep the garage at 36 so ice melts off the car and my pressure washer doesn't freeze) but still thinking a lot of the heat is chilling at the ceiling.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi **thinks** he has one in his garage from the yard sale this summer that did not sell.
    Jedi will look for it & if it's still their it's yours.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't know Jedi. It sounds a lot like.
    Same goes for if you're trying to organize something around a non-INGO event (like "Let's meet at the Indy 1500!").

from the bret renalods ?? move of bandid...
    There is nnnnnnooooooooo way you come from my side of the family junior!!!

you need to think like a corrupt lake county rep larry.
    da Pinkfather commands you nwi ingo who are going to the nra show in indy via caravan to meet at the donut dokins near the nra convention 30mins before the convention opens to have the nwi coffee meet in indy. so your nwi ingo event is coffee at the dd. you are organizing the car-a-vans so who take all the memebers to get their coffee. what ya do after that *cough* ooohhh the nra show *cough** is up to you ladies. take your ingo gear with you princess as you are on a diplomatic mission.

now post it so i can add it to the events page on nwi ingo social.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Jedi **thinks** he has one in his garage from the yard sale this summer that did not sell.
    Jedi will look for it & if it's still their it's yours.

Mint. PM me if you do, I'm heading to bed shortly and don't intend to wake until tomorrow (been up since 0600 Sunday) so I probably won't catch the backlog of this thread.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    from the bret renalods ?? move of bandid...
    There is nnnnnnooooooooo way you come from my side of the family junior!!!

you need to think like a corrupt lake county rep larry.
    da Pinkfather commands you nwi ingo who are going to the nra show in indy via caravan to meet at the donut dokins near the nra convention 30mins before the convention opens to have the nwi coffee meet in indy. so your nwi ingo event is coffee at the dd. you are organizing the car-a-vans so who take all the memebers to get their coffee. what ya do after that *cough* ooohhh the nra show *cough** is up to you ladies. take your ingo gear with you princess as you are on a diplomatic mission.

now post it so i can add it to the events page on nwi ingo social.

970fe0c683668f730130fe9bb6877161.jpg

HOLY GIBBERISH, BATMAN!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Might be trading/selling my POF 415 to get another scar. I hate trying to consolidate platforms, well not really. I love new stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom