• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    on a serious note wd what is the application for that scope?

sorry ... missed the "serious note" part ... besides, Jedi said he would never shoot with a scope, didn't he? :laugh:

Since the product number has "TAC" in it, I assume it was marketed for EBR's. It's the poor man's version of pricier scopes such as the Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T or maybe the Burris MTAC (not sure if the MTAC has an illuminated reticle though). I picked it up for one of my AR's but I decided to stick to simple, non-magnified red dot-type optics for my AR's (like an EOTech or Trijicon Tri-Power). This is a general purpose (4x magnification scope that will allow you to work within the effective range of your M4 type rifle. I wouldn't consider it battle hardened but unless you are shipping out for the Middle East in the morning, it will be just fine for your commando raids at Winamac.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    will it fit on a ruger mini 14?
    so that means i cant take it to klb's since that place has ttttttiiiiiiicccccccckkkkkkkkssssss and that is a major war zone.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    will it fit on a ruger mini 14?
    so that means i cant take it to klb's since that place has ttttttiiiiiiicccccccckkkkkkkkssssss and that is a major war zone.

Yes. It will fit on a Ruger Mini 14. This is a scope and not a red dot (with unlimited eye relief) so you will need something like this in addition to the scope and rings (included with the scope):

ruger-mini-14-side-mount.jpg

The rifle will look like this with the scope mounted:

2216542_01_ruger_mini_14_223_factory_5_rd_640.jpg

However, that scope position seems incredibly high to me. You would need to duct tape a pillow to the stock for the correct comb height. This type of mount might be a better option:

large-Mini14-Mounts.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hey jedi works he has been getting in at 6am and taking the gg train home. 4:28 eveday day since last week. :p gg is sick of me jedi is sure of it.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I'm going to try to make the 1500 this weekend. Anyone else looking for reloading stuff and willing to pay scalper prices? I'm going down with a couple hundred bucks in my pocket to try to get my hands on some powder.

If you're looking for something but not able to make the drive let me know.

But, note that if you're wanting me to front a ton of money for something I have no use for, and I don't know you, It's not gonna happen. Well established NWI INGO members I will help out, all others will require a deposit.

lamboz1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    United States
    here's some local news i received via email....:

Community: Valparaiso Man Shot in Road Rage Incident
    Hi,
    Lake County-A 48 year old Valparaiso man (victim) on his way home from work was involved in a road rage incident on I-80, early this evening that resulted in him being shot.

Preliminary investigation revealed that shortly after 4:00 p.m., this Wednesday, January 15, 2014, afternoon, the victim was on south bound Cline to east bound I-80 when he cut in front of another vehicle to merge onto the interstate. This purportedly upset the driver of that vehicle. The victim continued east bound and at one point the suspect pulled alongside the victim’s red 1999 Dodge Ram pickup rolled down his (suspect) window and began to yell. The victim sped off not wanting to engage the suspect in any type of confrontation; when he noticed the suspect trying to catch up with him.

The victim was in the far left lane when he noticed that the suspect who was in the middle lane had almost caught up with him when he heard a loud bang and thought at first he had been hit with a brick. The victim’s passenger rear window on his pickup was shattered. He later realized that he had been shot once in the upper back and that the bullet had exited out the front part of his shoulder. The victim was able to retrieve the bullet when he took his shirt off.

The suspect veered his vehicle across all lanes of I-80 east bound traffic after shooting and exited off onto south bound Ripley Street. The victim was able to pull his pickup off just east of the south bound Ripley Street exit on the inner shoulder where he called police.

The suspect is described as a middle age black male with very short hair, driving a silver or gray Dodge Ram 1500 pickup.

The victim was taken to a local hospital where he sustained non-life threatening injuries.

Indiana State Police are asking anyone who may have information on this road rage incident or any information on the suspect to please call Detective Mike Bailey at 219-696-0039.

Criminal defendants are to be presumed innocent until, and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.
    -30-
    Pictures are of victim's Dodge Ram pickup rear passenger window where it was shot out.Contact Information:
    Ann Wojas
    Public Information Office
    219-696-6242
    awojas@isp.in.gov

For full details, view this message on the web.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Might be poking a festering wound, but Larry, roommate out on his ass yet? Just wondering

I gave him a couple days because of the storm.
    His truck is still here.
    Apparently I have to say something tomorrow.
    I wasn't able to pick up the new tumblers for the locks today, Levin Tire took too long with my new tires.
    I'm also going to reprogram the garage door opener.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom