• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well the Christmas tree is packed up and stuffed into the back corner of the crawl space. All 11' and 1500 pre-wired twinkle bulbs of it. Now I'm sweating, breathing hard and wondering if this is really what a 'happy ending' is supposed to be.

There are still some odds and ends to be packed away. The last of the ornaments, some garland, wrapping paper, etc all have to be shoved into the crawlspace. The Nativity set, which is still on display in the foyer. The Nativity can sit a bit longer, its a beautiful reminder of this season and while I'm *****ing about the packing, it can remind me of why we share the good parts of our lives with others.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, I think we need a meeting about the Youth Shoot.

Just to work out any kinks we found last year.

Agree but let me get the dat voted on so I can tell WINAMAC DNR first.
    Then we can open a new thread for those kinks we have. I still have the list of things to do different.
    (ie. Joe is getting put on the far right of the 50 yard with the big riffles. :) )

How were they idiots? Were they supposed to be psychic and know that the holes were there?

1) When it's snowing and cold (ie. ice) you do not drive 75+ mph and think you are not going to go flying off the road especially near the old griffith golf course

2) We all know that after the snow/ice thaws you can expect potholes especially on an industrial highway that has some many heavy rigs coming /going from the mills by going 75+ you are NOT going to have time to evade those holes and/or change lanes since the road is typically packed with traffic.

3) If the cars in from of you are braking (for what appears to be no reason) don't change lanes and continue to go just as fast as before.
    They are braking for a reason and it's the potholes on the floor!

So if you do the 3 above on Cline you are an IDIOT and deserve to get a flat and/or major damage to your vehicle.
    (Note I know you KLB don't drive KLB but that "you" is a general you for all those idiot drivers on cline)

This is not the first time this has occurred. It's an annual item once the snow/ice passes.

For some reason, Cline Ave. seems to draw out the "idiot" in nearly everyone that drives on that road. I stopped using it awhile ago because of all the numbskulls that think it's the autobahn.

^This!

LOL! It works so much better if others know how to drive though! I remember when I first got my license, my mom FORBADE me to EVER drive on Cline Ave. Of course I didn't listen to her, I had a boyfriend that lived in North Hammond at the time. It was fun to zip through those curves near the mills. :)

oooohhhh so fond memories. I use to love the part of cline over the mills. Up so high and going fffaaassstttt.
    Young and dumb that was... :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yuppie!!!
    The COLTS lost (got their butts beat) last night!!!

Even more yuppie for Jedi is this is day 6 of "no pop just water" and Jedi thinks he is finally in the clear!
    No headaches or mood swings as Jedi got himself off the pop. Plus lost 2 lbs this past week. :woot:

Up next will be a 10 day sugar detox and then I'll be ready to count calories and restart the exercise.
    For some reason it's much easier this time around. :)

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    LOL! It works so much better if others know how to drive though! I remember when I first got my license, my mom FORBADE me to EVER drive on Cline Ave. Of course I didn't listen to her, I had a boyfriend that lived in North Hammond at the time. It was fun to zip through those curves near the mills. :)

100+ in my neon once. Just once.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    100+ in my neon once. Just once.

was this your neon???
    :)
    minineonaccenttubes1.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm going salt-free for the tinnitus, but it looks like no salt = no junk, which will also help in other ways.

I'm not a fan of salt but sugar especially pop is my kryptonite.
    The last time I kicked the pop habit I was a 'bad mood monster' for 2 weeks before I finally settled down.
    This time around I'm not sure why it was so easy.
    Perhaps worrying about the winter storm, shoveling show, etc..
    :dunno:

I've been able to sit down and eat and there is pop around and me not wanting it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't salt my food much, but I like salty stuff like cheetos, pretzels, etc. I also eat too much ramen and canned soup. I have to cut out all salt for a week, including all commercially prepared or baked food. Fresh fruit and veggies, oatmeal, meat, rice, and potatoes, all with no salt. I'm having a spinach salad now with oil/vinegar dressing, which pretty much sucks. Can't have bottled dressing.

I can do without pop forever, but I'm a sucker for candy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't salt my food much, but I like salty stuff like cheetos, pretzels, etc. I also eat too much ramen and canned soup. I have to cut out all salt for a week, including all commercially prepared or baked food. Fresh fruit and veggies, oatmeal, meat, rice, and potatoes, all with no salt. I'm having a spinach salad now with oil/vinegar dressing, which pretty much sucks. Can't have bottled dressing.

I can do without pop forever, but I'm a sucker for candy.

Sounds a lot of what I was doing this past week.
    I **HATE** oatmeal but I eat that stuff plain with just water in the morning and it does help.
    I actually enjoy the torture of having to eat that cr**** as punishment for letting myself 'go' (so to speak).

As for candy.... hum.... nah not an issue here apart from the once a year chocholate bing during xmass. :)

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I'm not a fan of salt but sugar especially pop is my kryptonite.
    The last time I kicked the pop habit I was a 'bad mood monster' for 2 weeks before I finally settled down.
    This time around I'm not sure why it was so easy.
    Perhaps worrying about the winter storm, shoveling show, etc..
    :dunno:

I've been able to sit down and eat and there is pop around and me not wanting it.
    As you can see, how many things that change when you are told you're a diabetic. I loved my Pepsi and Snickers candy bar (the big one) and made the decision to just go cold turkey, as I don't like the taste of diet pop. I found even bottled water has a different taste, I like Ice Mountain brand the best. It's what the body gets used to and caffeine does strange things to the body until the body gets over the effects. Hang in there and feel yourself feel better.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm at Target and the check out line in front of me opens up so I walk towards it (maybe 4 or 5 steps away) when a b***h of a woman pushes a shopping cart in front of me to cut me off so her husband could push his cart into the newly opened lane. I'll give the guy credit, he tried to have me go first. But the festering gash of a wife that he had to go home with would have none of it.

Apparent the seasonal spirit of good fellowship toward mankind is over.

That, or that poor guy is married to a real c**t.

In any case, he has to go home with that, not me. Clearly he got the worst of the deal.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    jedi said:
    . . . and then I'll be ready to count calories and restart the exercise.
    For some reason it's much easier this time around. :)

If you want exercise you can come to England this summer, we are walking from east to west starting at the North Sea and stopping when we hit the Irish Sea among the historic border between England and Scotland.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @bob

did that non-nwi ingoer pick up his bullets after all?

also wtf r u doing at target? them bas**** caused me gief this xmas season when they got my cc info stolen! $600 charge for car parts in CA, $800 for skater boy cloths from austrila, and $400 charge for jewelry in FL when chase finally locked me account. was without a cc for 2 days during the holiday rush. poor appleseed did not get paid for the stuff i bought from them until last week as chaxe thought those were bogus charges as well.

f************ target i'll never buy from them again.
    /rant off

btw thanks for the england invite but nah.. i already heard what the princesses sounds like and omg what a disappoinment. but if you find my unicorn please bring her back. :)

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Just got back from JP with sadclown. Got the Tavor sighted in, quite an interesting little gun. After doing the trigger mod, it isn't that bad. Shot some pretty decent groups with it. Also, shot some clays, did well with my Browning O/U, but couldn't hit s*** with his guns! Guess that I'm so used to mine, its really the only shotgun I've used for over 20 years. Got one heck of a sore shoulder now!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For some reason, Cline Ave. seems to draw out the "idiot" in nearly everyone that drives on that road. I stopped using it awhile ago because of all the numbskulls that think it's the autobahn.

Ummm. I kinda agree with KLB. You're complaining about the way people drive on Cline, then you describe yourself.
    :)
    And those mills are more fun to drive past, than they are to drive through.

Aren't all highways Autobahns? :):
    Pretty much, that's what Autobahn means.

Just got back from the Meet and Eat at the Patriot Grill in Greenwood.
    Heck of a drive.
    The potholes were worse around Indy, go figure.
    Had a good time.
    Time for an hour nap.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    just finished wathcing skyfall... **sigh** can i have my 2hr and 30 mins back.
    that dude is NOT 007 and NEVER will be!!!
    its the first 007 movie i watch with that guy as 007 and the last one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom