actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And then, there are lasers.
    Trust me, get started on that conversation, and you will have people yelling they are good or bad.

My M&P has the night sights, and I have a Crimson Trace on it. It's the only gun I do.
    Laser Sights for S&W (Smith and Wesson) | Official Crimson Trace

Take a look at some threads on lasers.
    Many of us have one, go shooting with us and try it out, see if you like it.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    What kind of press? I have always used unique and don't have those kind of variance probs on a Dillon 550.

It's like this thread has developed a bad case of Jediarrhea suddenly.

Hornady LnL AP.

I had metering issues with titegroup initially as well, but it smoothed out after a couple hundred rounds. Suspect possibly some residual oils in the thrower.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about metering with unique, so I pretty much gave up on it.

Never got around to trying it yesterday. No time tonight, and not off work again till next Sunday so it'll be a while before I can try the unique again.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    fyi cline ave from 80/94 to the steel mill is closed effective 10PM today until sunday late afternoon as idot fixes the huge potholes on the highway.

idiot drivers racinging down the road this week caused damage to their cars/tires. over 10 cars had to be towed due to sever damage, 50 cars reported some type of damage.

hammond times has the article as well.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    fyi cline ave from 80/94 to the steel mill is closed effective 10PM today until sunday late afternoon as idot fixes the huge potholes on the highway.

idiot drivers racinging down the road this week caused damage to their cars/tires. over 10 cars had to be towed due to sever damage, 50 cars reported some type of damage.

Excellent news...yeah right. Well thanks for all who posted up notices. Looks like I get to take the "scenic route" tomorrow morning into work, aka through the hood. That road needs to be totally rebuilt...but they want to build the illiana expressway when they can't maintain a two lane highway...pathetic.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Morning NWI INGO peeps.

Got home from Culver, had some food and went to sleep. Not sure if I'm wide awake, but its morning and I'm up.

The Culver Fencing tournament is probably the hardest event for high school fencers in the midwest, other than the junior olympic trials. Schools and fencing clubs from all over the midwest come to the event and it had some of the finest fencing I've seen in quite a while on display. Then there was the Lowell Red Devils team. We didn't do so well.

I think I mentally prepared the kids for this event, it is just not where they should have been fencing, but it is a great event to experience even if you get slaughtered, eviseratetd and vivisected on the strip. And they did. We had a couple highlights. Jodie, my freshman girl saber fencer was in her direct elimination round, came back from behind, still lost the bout, but the final score was 14-15. She did great, and she was fencing a much more experienced fencer so there was no shame in that loss.

Some of my saber boys took home "victories" in the fact that they didn't get ''shut out" with '0' scores. The boys fencing at this event is astounding. I felt badly for one of my saber boys, Forest, as he faced one of the top competitors in the tournament and lost 1-15. It was good that he got the 1. In fact I think that surprised everyone who watched. The guy who bent, spindled and mutilated him went on to take an award at the end, not sure if he finished 1st or 2nd place as we didn't stay to watch the awards at the end, but that kid would have easily beaten my coach, who taught me. So Forest had no chance against him.

Of my other 3 boy Saber fencers, Max, Alex and Cameron, all faired a bit better. Alex was in the toughest pool of the event and considered any score to be a victory. He had fun, probably learned some things. Max and Cameron both were pummeled too, but both here happy with their little victories when they scored a touch against a superior opponent.

The Lowell Foil fencers didn't really fare any better. One of our girls, Bailey, made it up to the second round of the direct elimination bouts. Two others, faced each other in the first round, so we had 1 of our girls defeat another and knock her out. Oh well.

On the bright side, one of our club fencers from the Northwest Indiana Fencing Club in St John took home a 3rd place medal from the event. Charlie is a senior at Munster High School and probably the best fencer at the club, as he can usually beat the coaches. It was great to see him take home a medal from such a tough event with so many very accomplished competitors.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

How were they idiots? Were they supposed to be psychic and know that the holes were there?

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    How were they idiots? Were they supposed to be psychic and know that the holes were there?
    For some reason, Cline Ave. seems to draw out the "idiot" in nearly everyone that drives on that road. I stopped using it awhile ago because of all the numbskulls that think it's the autobahn.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Aren't all highways Autobahns? :):
    LOL! It works so much better if others know how to drive though! I remember when I first got my license, my mom FORBADE me to EVER drive on Cline Ave. Of course I didn't listen to her, I had a boyfriend that lived in North Hammond at the time. It was fun to zip through those curves near the mills. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom