Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    What grip is on the LCR?

Strangely enough, my Crimson Trace grips treat me better than the factory LCR Hogue grip.

Unless you're a recoil sensitive person, I'd give either CT Grips, or even a different boot grip a try. Disclaimer though, I'm not recoil sensitive. I've only shot one or two guns that I felt were painful. One was a CZ82 with a worn out barrel spring, the other was a Ruger 454 Alaskan that I shot on a 20°F day. YMMV but I felt the factory Hogue grips seemed to transmit more sensation of recoil (not at all painful, just more "feel") than the bootgrip shaped CT grips.

I have not shot the 357 LCR though. I have shot the Smith n Wesson scandium framed .357 340PD with full power loads and while it's stout, I didn't feel it painful. That gun also had CT grips.

I've got the Hogue bantam/boot grips. Hogue-LCR-Bantam_Boot-Grip-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. It wasn't painful to shoot (although it probably would have been eventually). I just wasn't as accurate as I would have liked. Since I was consistently high and to the right, I know I could adjust with practice. I really want to adjust to these grips because the original grips are too bulky and sticky. It will be a lot easier to carry this way.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Dans still kicking I heard from him a couple weeks ago, it was just a Merry Christmas text, but haven't heard much from him otherwise. With the risk of sounding corny, I miss him.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    better then saying you ate ...... :whistle: (granted your a ggggiiiiirrrrrllllll so it would be ok)
    where is the place btw?
    what they sell??

@all
    dd is selling girl scout cookies again.
    $4 per box
    order gets sent in 20 jan 2014
    if you want any please let me know.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I've got the Hogue bantam/boot grips. Hogue-LCR-Bantam_Boot-Grip-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. It wasn't painful to shoot (although it probably would have been eventually). I just wasn't as accurate as I would have liked. Since I was consistently high and to the right, I know I could adjust with practice. I really want to adjust to these grips because the original grips are too bulky and sticky. It will be a lot easier to carry this way.

Those are the right grips for the gun IMO.

When I first started shooting it I was shooting high. Found I needed to almost completely bury the front sight under the rear, not keep them parallel.

After a couple hundred rounds I finally got the hang of shooting it. I do prefer revolvers, but the LCR is different enough that there was a significant learning curve

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    sure klb for a delivery fee i'll drop them off. :p
    you move that data center yet?
    yeah only 2 pages of giberrish... i need to up my game. :)
    I'll let you shoot my steel some more :):

Yeah. It is mostly done. Still waiting for some circuits to be delivered and a couple of routers is all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom