• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah, whatever. LOL I get them after they graduate, and have to un-do the damage. :bash:
    As long as we are chatting . . .

I showed up for fencing practice at Lowell HS on Friday to beat the children with metal rods, as I typically do 3 days a week. But I was distracted by the low flying flag, hanging at half mast?

Now what could that be I thought to myself? Could it be for the death of Nelson Mandela? Or could it be proactive for Pearl Harbor day, which, on this year, fell on Saturday, the day after my visit to the school?

So into the school I go, asking some of the kids why the flag is at half mast. Met with blank stares I go on to fencing practice and while the kids are doing their warm up in a group I query them all. WHY IS THE FLAG AT HALF MAST?

Several kids pipe up with different ideas but both Pearl Harbor Day and Nelson Mandela are brought up. So I quickly ask, if we are at half mast for Nelson Mandela, was it also at half mast for Lady Margaret Thatcher?

huh?

So with that thump on their noggins I have to follow up with . . . does anyone know the significance to the world contributed by Margaret Thatcher?

Shouts from the kids (and I'm NOT making this up):
    • Author
    • who?
    • Led the Underground Railway
    • Women's suffrage movement!!!
    • I don't know American History
    • who?

So out of his office comes one of the vice-principals for the school. I shout over to him in my most polite voice, "why sir, is the flag flying at half mast today?"

"Governor said so, his orders" booms back toward me.

To which I replied: "But sir, is it for Pearl Harbor Day, which is tomorrow, or is it for Nelson Mandela?"

"Don't know, probably Mandela, I guess?"

And further I press on (bearing in mind I am armed with a saber and he is unarmed but clearly doesn't want to be bothered by my annoying questions) . . . "But sir, did we fly the flag at half mast to commemorate the death of Lady Margaret Thatcher?"

"uh . . . probably not . . .

* and again, that folks is why I sent my daughter to private school, but I repeat myself!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My final will probably be like five problems, but it's analytical geometry, so each problem will have 38294 parts, and if you don't get the first part right, everything else is garbage.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just finished a 150 question final at PUC, now i get to relax until my two finals tomorrow lol

My final will probably be like five problems, but it's analytical geometry, so each problem will have 38294 parts, and if you don't get the first part right, everything else is garbage.

BUT . . . we'll give you a "Participation Medal" for showing up! :rockwoot:

:rolleyes:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Sitting in the dentist chair after a painful night. In need of a root canal.

BTW isn't it soooo nice without Jedi?

I will just leave this here :D

Yes it is! Many can use this as a test run on having him blocked!

Now, if I can avoid seeing him on the train, I will be good to go! Although, it's easy enough to immobilize him with my APPLE iPod. I have almost no fear of his rape kit. :cool:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    @actaeon

Found some super special Xmas lights for you:

OHs8pah.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom