• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Ok who's got the tools to build an upper? Gonna need the vice block and torque wrench at the least. I think Clif might have said hes got it, but havent seen him in awhile. Barrel will hopefully be here sometime this month and I'll be ready to go!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Ok who's got the tools to build an upper? Gonna need the vice block and torque wrench at the least. I think Clif might have said hes got it, but havent seen him in awhile. Barrel will hopefully be here sometime this month and I'll be ready to go!

What type of torque wrench? quarter inch, three eights inch, or half inch?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Aclark, I've got one of those AR build tool kits which I believe has the torque wrench and everything else to barrel your receiver... You will need a set of go and no go gauges to do it correctly though. Let me know if you need them...

On the AR build want list.... I'm looking for a quality all chromed AR M4 style barrel in 762 by 39 Russian caliber if anyone notices one in stock some where...

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I have some. but some are missing. I cant remember for sure, but I think Magic Man may have my blocks. if anyone has them please let me know. I can check on what I have in my box of tools tomorrow after work. I got transferred to gary district so if you are around I can meet up somewhere.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Aclark, I've got one of those AR build tool kits which I believe has the torque wrench and everything else to barrel your receiver... You will need a set of go and no go gauges to do it correctly though. Let me know if you need them...On the AR build want list.... I'm looking for a quality all chromed AR M4 style barrel in 762 by 39 Russian caliber if anyone notices one in stock some where...
    If rguns has one I can pick it up for you next week. I'll be nearby in Barrington. The people there are pricks but they might have what you need.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Bramedic, Not sure if I want to go with a R-Guns barrel, would take a DS Arms in a heartbeat... R-Guns doesn't list any available if their website is up to date...

From past experience I've had to freeze one part and heat up the other to get a barrel to drop into a Vltor upper reciever... and once it's in there it won't come back out sooo want the best I can get to make for a hard working firearm... plus all nitride or chromed would be a bonus as most of the 762 rusky ammo is steel...

Anyways, I'll call them tomorrow and get back to you...

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Fwiw, a good friend did a build with one of their complete uppers and was very satisfied, and they do occasionally have stuff on the floor that's not on their site. My beef with them is 1) it can take forever for them to ship (non-issue in this case) and 2) they act like they're god's gift to gun owners, and I really don't care for that attitude.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya, some companies can be that way... I've noticed that when sticking with a DS Arms, CMMG Inc, BCM, FN, Colt, GM, or even a now Windham Weaponry bbl I'm pretty safe. Others may end up with issues... All the parts decide if you have a jamming jenny or a worthwhile AR in the end... If I can find another upper to use besides the Vltor I might have to take my chances though to get the project going forward. The MGI lower should be in this week sometime soooo I'm getting itchy to finish the project... I'll call them and see what they got, then hit you back on here to make arrangements... Thanks...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Aclark, I've got one of those AR build tool kits which I believe has the torque wrench and everything else to barrel your receiver... You will need a set of go and no go gauges to do it correctly though. Let me know if you need them...

On the AR build want list.... I'm looking for a quality all chromed AR M4 style barrel in 762 by 39 Russian caliber if anyone notices one in stock some where...
    Yea I saw those kits as well but didn't want to spend $100-200 on one. Might take you up on that here in a few weeks.

I have some. but some are missing. I cant remember for sure, but I think Magic Man may have my blocks. if anyone has them please let me know. I can check on what I have in my box of tools tomorrow after work. I got transferred to gary district so if you are around I can meet up somewhere.

I'll let you know as well, don't have everything in hand yet, so just making sure I have options.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Clif, your block and bolt insert are around here somewhere. I'll go through my moving boxes tomorrow and find them. I apologize, completely forgot about them. Let me know if you want me to give them to aclark or drop them of at the lounge or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom