Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I no longer have a wooden deck. :rockwoot:

Landscapers are here beginning the job of installing the new outdoor kitchen and patio.

On another note, after using an OWB holster for a few months I now hate wearing an IWB holster. :):

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I no longer have a wooden deck. :rockwoot:

Landscapers are here beginning the job of installing the new outdoor kitchen and patio.

On another note, after using an OWB holster for a few months I now hate wearing an IWB holster. :):
    You have crossed over to the dark side. Now watch out for those 5 year old girls.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Well the kid is done with us and classes have started at Wake Forest so the lovely Mrs Bob and I are coming home! North Carolina is an beautiful state. For fans of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, my daughter's school is right near "Mount Pilot" and "Mayberry" (real names are Pilot Mtn, and Mt Airy). There is an Aunt Bea Cafe as well as an Andy Griffith Museum. We didn't go into the town of Pilot Mountain, but the actual Pilot Mountain is a pretty impressive, albeit is small by western standards) rock mountain that juts up into the sky.

Extremely jealous.

We used to cruise through that area several times a year while living in NC and heading home for visits. We would take Rt52 through Mt. Airy and on through Fancy Gap to catch the interstate (I74). It was a beautiful and scenic area.

My favorite view of Pilot Mountain:

Pilot_Mountain_US-52_in_NC_071102.JPG

Attachments

• Pilot_Mountain_US-52_in_NC_071102.JPG
      359.4 KB · Views: 1

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Extremely jealous.

We used to cruise through that area several times a year while living in NC and heading home for visits. We would take Rt52 through Mt. Airy and on through Fancy Gap to catch the interstate (I74). It was a beautiful and scenic area.

My favorite view of Pilot Mountain:

I think that is exactly the route we took too. Beautiful area for sure.

Did you ever visit the Wake Forest campus? Or stop into Winston-Salem? Wake Forest U has a pristine campus in rolling hills. Winston-Salem, however, is less impressive. We stayed downtown and while we were just around the corner from the historic 4th street restaurant row, that was a grand total of 2 short blocks of nice places to eat/drink/sit. Somewhat anti-climactic.

So if you put someone in your ignore list and that person tries to PM you do they now know that they are on your list?
    hmmm. . . maybe that is why Jedi never sends me PMs? :lmfao:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    A buddy has the SX3 Black Shadow. Very nice gun. Smooth shooter and never had any reliability problems with cheap birdshot.

I am wanting the one that will do 3 1/2 mags too, just in case I want to go goose hunting sometime, but I gotta see how it cycles 2 3/4 shells first.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I think that is exactly the route we took too. Beautiful area for sure.

Did you ever visit the Wake Forest campus? Or stop into Winston-Salem? Wake Forest U has a pristine campus in rolling hills. Winston-Salem, however, is less impressive. We stayed downtown and while we were just around the corner from the historic 4th street restaurant row, that was a grand total of 2 short blocks of nice places to eat/drink/sit. Somewhat anti-climactic.

Nothing wrong with anticlimactic. I was in Winston-Salem to do a fireworks show but never made it on to any campus. NC has many regions and I think they are all beautiful. Your post about Pilot Mountain just reminded me about one of my favorite spots. The Outer Banks around Moorehead City and Beaufort ... another favorite spot. Someday I'll be back there.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    A buddy has the SX3 Black Shadow. Very nice gun. Smooth shooter and never had any reliability problems with cheap birdshot.

I am wanting the one that will do 3 1/2 mags too, just in case I want to go goose hunting sometime, but I gotta see how it cycles 2 3/4 shells first.

Must be something in the water. I was eyeballing shotguns yesterday. I need to add an autoloader to the stable. Years ago I was eyeballing the Benelli M4 but could never justify the cost enough to pull the trigger. Lately it has been the Remington Versa Max Tactical but at $1200 ... it's still tough to justify with too much month at the end of the money these days. I've been trying to get my hands on a Mossberg JM Pro (930) but I can't even find one in the store to fondle. I did get to check out a side-by-side double barrel with exposed hammers ... Century International Arms.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    instead of the JM Pro, get an 930spx and get the Nordic components and build it into the JM Pro. Instead of the Versa Max, get a FN SLP or a Winchester SX3. Those are 2 guns that cost less and we never have come back in with cycling problems.

After seeing the amount of remingtons that come back because of problems, I will never own a remington product.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    instead of the JM Pro, get an 930spx and get the Nordic components and build it into the JM Pro.

Would that be more cost effective? ... what if I need warranty work? ... will they honor the warranty if I have altered the gun?

Instead of the Versa Max, get a FN SLP or a Winchester SX3. Those are 2 guns that cost less and we never have come back in with cycling problems.

After seeing the amount of remingtons that come back because of problems, I will never own a remington product.

Are you saying the Remington Versa Max has come back with cycling problems? I'm hearing quite the opposite ... from actual owners. I have yet to see one choke at a match and believe me ... I'm watching them. I'd like to know more since I am seriously looking them over. The way the Remington VMax operating system is set up makes sense that it would cycle everything ... including reduced recoil loads. That's some serious cash for something that might have problems.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I may have to spend a little bit of time at Blythes tomorrow sighting in my new Burris Fastfire that I just put on my Beretta Neos.

How do you like the sights on the Neos. That's my only complaint with that pistol. The fiber sights on the carbine kit are great, but the pistol sight is awful for me.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Would that be more cost effective? ... what if I need warranty work? ... will they honor the warranty if I have altered the gun?

You are not actually changing the gun at all, all the components are removable.

Are you saying the Remington Versa Max has come back with cycling problems? I'm hearing quite the opposite ... from actual owners. I have yet to see one choke at a match and believe me ... I'm watching them. I'd like to know more since I am seriously looking them over. The way the Remington VMax operating system is set up makes sense that it would cycle everything ... including reduced recoil loads. That's some serious cash for something that might have problems.

Yeah I have seen three versa max's come back since I stared at Blythes. Though none were the tactical. Just seems like none of the Versa Max cycle anything but high, mid, or low brass, and only if it is 1 1/8 oz load or higher.

For me, I want something that will cycle everything, from cheap walmart bulk packs to 3 1/2 high brass.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    JEDI got a HOT new neighbor!

When a new neighbor moved in across the street, Jedi couldn't help but notice. She's gorgeous! She's young, she's single, she's petite, and she has the most beautiful blonde hair you can imagine.

Jedi noticed when she got home from work this evening. She was looking particularly hot. Jedi was surprised when she walked across the street and up his driveway.

She knocked on his door, and he rushed to open it.

She looks at Jedi, and says, "I just got home, and I am so horny! I have this strong urge to have a good time, get drunk, and make love all night long!"

Jedi did his best to keep his cool. "Really," he said.

"Yes," she answered. "So... are you busy tonight?"

Jedi immediately replied, "Nope, I'm free. I have no plans at all!"

"Good!" she said. "I noticed all the PINK at your house and lacy curtains, could you babysit my kids?"

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    lmao nice one melensdad!

shotgun talk: almost all semi's don't like anything below 1oz minimum for cycling. just an fyi.
    I need to get my wife a new shotgun... sigh... $$$

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have sold several SX3's to customers who love them because you can throw the cheapest shells you can find into it, and it cycles perfectly. This would not be a problem for me except that I want the one that will also take 3 1/2 shells. It would be so much simpler if I just wanted the one that took the 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Must be something in the water. I was eyeballing shotguns yesterday. I need to add an autoloader to the stable. Years ago I was eyeballing the Benelli M4 but could never justify the cost enough to pull the trigger. Lately it has been the Remington Versa Max Tactical but at $1200 ... it's still tough to justify with too much month at the end of the money these days. I've been trying to get my hands on a Mossberg JM Pro (930) but I can't even find one in the store to fondle. I did get to check out a side-by-side double barrel with exposed hammers ... Century International Arms.

You might be able to talk Groovatron into letting you check out his JM.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Ill also go +1 on the Nordic Components. Put their extension onto my Benelli and it works pretty good. I haven't seen anyone complain about their gear and they seem to have quite the following

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom