• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melen has been a Saber Fencer since age 11. Surgery 3 months ago put a temporary end to her fencing, she's not allowed to fence for another full year.

She is starting her freshman year at Wake Forest U this year. This week she was asked by the Wake Forest University Fencing Club if she would be one of the coaches for the team. She had approached the team to see if should could help 'direct' bouts (referee) or help in the armory with repairs. They asked her questions, looked at her record and past achievements, and said they wanted her to be one of the coaches.

That team is in trouble :laugh:

By the way, here is a photo of her, she's the tall blonde girl right there where the W and the F come together!
    image_zps98296f65.jpg

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Got a few critters getting at my chickens again. 7 in less than a week. Trailcam got 3 coons breaking in and possums doing cleanup.

I set 4 live traps. 2 were tripped but the keepers were bent and whatever was trapped got out.

I set 4 kill traps. 3 were tripped. One had a possum.

I set the trail can and watched 2 coons come, trip the traps with their hand, then lift the door, reach in and take the bait. They're some smart lil pests. I was pretty impressed.

Camped out in the shed for a night. Through the window I popped 2 possums and a coon.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    On my way out to work this morning, saw the new neighbor wearing an Cabelas shirt and asked if he worked in the gun dept., said he was an manager and knew about INGO. Told him to sign up and to check out the NWI/ INGO meet and shoots.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Well, surgery didnt kill me. The only thing I can really say at this point is that I hate everything, except painkillers. I cant really walk, I have to have someone help me out of my bed, my right foot feels like I dropped a sledgehammer on it, my left one feels like it was ran over by a Carolla, it is very uncomfortable laying down sideways with my feet elevated but that is the only way to support my foot while avoiding pain, I gotta pee, and I am kinda getting hungry. Needless to say I am a whiney little girl right now, and probably will be for the next few weeks.

On a side note if you have ever had those fancy boots that pump up to support your foot they really feel good and help you, but they kinda suck to walk in. Do NOT get to the point that you need to have 2 of these. No balance at all, but it does look like I have cool robot legs.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well the kid is done with us and classes have started at Wake Forest so the lovely Mrs Bob and I are coming home! North Carolina is an beautiful state. For fans of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, my daughter's school is right near "Mount Pilot" and "Mayberry" (real names are Pilot Mtn, and Mt Airy). There is an Aunt Bea Cafe as well as an Andy Griffith Museum. We didn't go into the town of Pilot Mountain, but the actual Pilot Mountain is a pretty impressive, albeit is small by western standards) rock mountain that juts up into the sky.

And I wonder if t-star could even walk in these without falling on her face!
    Fatality-Ballet-Pink-boots-vendor.jpg

:whistle:

The bigger question is would she just use them as a club to beat you to a bloody pulp and leave you for the vulcures by the side of the road.

But I did notice they come in black, and black is her color.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom