• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That is a long road trip. Went to see my brother back in 2000 and he lives in Kernersville, just south of Winston-Salem and did the non-stop trip home in a Kia Sportage with 4 people. Couldn't get home soon enough.
    YUP, long drive. First 1/3 is all mountains and run to drive through, lots of great scenery. Second 1/3 of the drive is not bad, roads open up but its still nice and rolling. But then you hit Indiana and the road goes flat and the scenery is cornfields and that is what you live with for the last part of the drive and you are already drowsy and . . . zzzzzz, uh, oh, zzzzzz the rest of the way home!

But glad to be back. Original plan was to be home Saturday Aug 31. We intended to see some sights and maybe meet up with Melen for a goodbye dinner, etc. I think she was more than tired of us being there, even if we didn't see much of her once classes started, but we passed on the sights and came home.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Back to the garage.
    Rear sight goes in so easy it falls out when I tip the gun. Skip and go to the front sight.
    Mother Puss Bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!!!!!!!!
    It's too big to even start in the dovetail. Check the internet. Grab a file i have, triangle shape. File file file file file file.
    finally get it where i can get it started, check gaps with a flashlight for clearance.
    Hammer it in.
    So I put gorilla glue in the rear sight, centered it as well as i can figure, damn, a boresighter might have been nice.

You should have taken an old pop can and cut a out a shim. I know it's a PITA to trim up aluminum that small but it works great. Just cut a strip out that's the width of the notch. If a single thickness shim works ... great. Just trim it to the right size. If you need double thickness, then fold it over and trim it. It will be just as tight as if the sight was fitted properly. It will be more secure than the glue under recoil (not much anyway with a .22) and still give you the option of drifting the sight without having to re-glue it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    YUP, long drive. First 1/3 is all mountains and run to drive through, lots of great scenery. Second 1/3 of the drive is not bad, roads open up but its still nice and rolling. But then you hit Indiana and the road goes flat and the scenery is cornfields and that is what you live with for the last part of the drive and you are already drowsy and . . . zzzzzz, uh, oh, zzzzzz the rest of the way home!

But glad to be back. Original plan was to be home Saturday Aug 31. We intended to see some sights and maybe meet up with Melen for a goodbye dinner, etc. I think she was more than tired of us being there, even if we didn't see much of her once classes started, but we passed on the sights and came home.

If you wanted to be out until the 31st, you should have hit the Outer Banks.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Called Senator Coats' office about the executive orders. I am calling Donnelly next.

Call damn it. Do something constructive with your time.
    Coats: 219-663-2595
    Donnelly:574-288-2780

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Called Senator Coats' office about the executive orders. I am calling Donnelly next.

Call damn it. Do something constructive with your time.
    Coats: 219-663-2595
    Donnelly:574-288-2780
    I just made the calls. Each one lasted about two minutes. I ask each staffer how many calls they have gotten and it was next to none. I had to explain what I was talking about. They will not put out a press release if there not enough of us that call. Please take part in this.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    On a side not I may have just jumped off the glock ban wagon. Tomorrow I wil be picking up a used CZ PO7 Duty, that's if the wife does not kill me :D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I just made the calls. Each one lasted about two minutes. I ask each staffer how many calls they have gotten and it was next to none. I had to explain what I was talking about. They will not put out a press release if there not enough of us that call. Please take part in this.

Ugh. That is so demoralizing.
    On a side not I may have just jumped off the glock ban wagon. Tomorrow I wil be picking up a used CZ PO7 Duty, that's if the wife does not kill me :D
    Awesome! Any in particular reason why?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

WHAT!!!! Just when Jedi was about to jump on da GLOCK 9mm Gen4 bandwagon! :whistle:
    It will be sometime before I jump completely off the bandwagon. I have some concerns about how thin the slide is but the only way I will know is to run the crap out of it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    For those of you not paying attention ...

The Obama administration is also proposing a federal rule to stop those who would be ineligible to pass a background check from skirting the law by registering a gun to a corporation or trust. The new rule would require people associated with those entities, like beneficiaries and trustees, to undergo the same type of fingerprint-based background checks as individuals if they want to register guns.

How long before this extends to other "regulated" items in a trust ... suppresseors? ... SBRs?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Welcome to the CZ club.

I have a handful of CZ 75 pistols, the P07 is one I had, and sold (actually had 2 of them). Its a great gun. But I was an "early adopter" and couldn't find holsters for it. I had one of the first in the state, right when they started importing them. GREAT GUN. Absolutely fantastic pistol.

You are going to love it.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Welcome to the CZ club.

I have a handful of CZ 75 pistols, the P07 is one I had, and sold (actually had 2 of them). Its a great gun. But I was an "early adopter" and couldn't find holsters for it. I had one of the first in the state, right when they started importing them. GREAT GUN. Absolutely fantastic pistol.

You are going to love it.

Ugh. That is so demoralizing.

Awesome! Any in particular reason why?
    My honest answer, I don't know why. The Glock has always proven itself to me. I've carried it and trained with it for go on 16 years. It has done everything that I've asked it to do and then some but it has never felt right in my hand. I have always like the polymer pistols for there lightness for carrying. I like the way the M&P feels in my hand but I have an issue with hitting the slide lock on follow up shoots and I'm not a fan of the trigger. Also, I will never, ever carry a gun with a safety. I have shot a CZ 75 and I really like how the CZ feels in my hand but it to heavy for my liking. I think the PO7 Duty will be what I'm looking for but only time will tell.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You should have taken an old pop can and cut a out a shim. I know it's a PITA to trim up aluminum that small but it works great. Just cut a strip out that's the width of the notch. If a single thickness shim works ... great. Just trim it to the right size. If you need double thickness, then fold it over and trim it. It will be just as tight as if the sight was fitted properly. It will be more secure than the glue under recoil (not much anyway with a .22) and still give you the option of drifting the sight without having to re-glue it.

Well, now I know that. Fortunately I did a pretty good job left/right. Adjusted up/down. Disappointed that the sight is fully a djusted for 50ft. But I think the stock sights were the same.

Neos with the FastFire is adjusted.

Ready to take the scouts out Saturday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom