E7C54750-E3FC-4A34-9B5B-807FB048E438-2762-000003305790D27E_zps909c22f0.jpg

*FIXED*

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I wish you guys could be in my truck with me to witness the foul odor I just produced. It's really something.

OK just Jedi.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Spent 12 hours driving a 2103 Chevy Suburban from NW Indiana to Winston-Salem, NC yesterday and I learned a few things:

• I was not having a kidney stone, but the seats in the Suburban are so bad they made me feel like I was having one
    • Illinois drivers hog the left lane, below the speed limit, no matter in which state they are driving
    • Trucks that don't use a 'lower gear' on steep downhill grades will smoke their trailer brakes for miles
    • The engine in a Chevy Suburban lacks sufficient power/torque to effectively climb the grades of the Blue Ridge mountains
    • Following the Mapquest directions instead of the Garmin GPS unit directions ADDS miles and time to your driving
    • The weight of a Chevy Suburban makes for an exciting downhill run on grades of the same mountains, especially in the rain
    • Leaving your toll road transponder in your other vehicle causes you to wait in line at toll booths while scrambling to find cash

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    • Illinois drivers hog the left lane, below the speed limit, no matter in which state they are driving
      YEP

• Trucks that don't use a 'lower gear' on steep downhill grades will smoke their trailer brakes for miles
      Yeah, lots of drivers are insane going down grades. I hate that smell too. Smells like an electrical fire.
    • The engine in a Chevy Suburban lacks sufficient power/torque to effectively climb the grades of the Blue Ridge mountains
      The Freightliner Cascadia I'm in now would choke on a mountain, the one I had at CRE was a champ, though.
    • Following the Mapquest directions instead of the Garmin GPS unit directions ADDS miles and time to your driving
      Yeah, mapquest has sucked since it's inception. If you're gonna use a web printout, go Google Maps or Rand McNally
    • The weight of a Chevy Suburban makes for an exciting downhill run on grades of the same mountains, especially in the rain
      I got my Freightliner at CRE up to 95 on I-15 going from CA into NV, there's a long straight grade there and there was almost zero traffic on that day.
    • Leaving your toll road transponder in your other vehicle causes you to wait in line at toll booths while scrambling to find cash
      I hate that, makes me feel like a bigger ******* than I already am.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @ Jedi - the Federal 22 bulk packs were where the 22 usually is... it was 17.99 for fed auto match 325

:dunno: I can never find their .22 whenever I go. :(
    Then again the last time I bought .22 from them was at Thanksgiving during the early bird special so that was in a big display front and center.
    All I saw was a sign about limited quntities of .22 ammo per customer but that sign was on a table that had .308 bulk pack.
    Guess I'll just have to ask around the next time I go.
    So they did not have the 525 boxes just the 325 ones hu? That sucks. :(

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Oh, if you haven seen 22LR since black Friday then I will be more specific.

There is an Island of ammo right in front of the scopes display cases... its all usuly popular calibers there... just have a look around the shelfs for 22... they have had some type of 22lr there the last 5 or 6 times I have stopped in...

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Last chance to apply for the opening I have detailing aircraft... interviewing tomorrow morning.

$12 / hour to start
    There is no set schedule need some one with open availability.
    We are at the mercy of the corporate flight depts schedule.. so we work when aircraft are available.

30 hours or so a week to start.

Definitely opportunity for OT in the future once trained.
    FT employees have insurance and IRA.

Pm me for the email address to send resumes..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom