Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Day 2 of my home project and I got a lot done today!
    At the rate I'm going I should 3 more days of work (2 hrs each day) and I'll be done.
    Granted being in the crawl for that long is hard on the knees even with kneepads on.
    :woot:

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    Day 2 of my home project and I got a lot done today!
    At the rate I'm going I should 3 more days of work (2 hrs each day) and I'll be done.
    Granted being in the crawl for that long is hard on the knees even with kneepads on.
    :woot:

What kind of work are you doing? I use to work for my uncle doing spray foam insulation in crawl spaces...it really sucks!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What kind of work are you doing? I use to work for my uncle doing spray foam insulation in crawl spaces...it really sucks!

--que sinister music and eeeevvviiiilllll laugh--
    working on a plan to get rid of all those south of-us 30 lake county members off course!
    LOL

Hey jedi, when youre done, I have network cable needs to be run. Had all the stuff for years. Just no time.

oh that is much easier than this current project. what cat cable you got?
    where do you need the runs to? i have the tools to crimp and/or connect to jacks as well and have done that at home. when we took out the carpet in the living room/ dining room i redid my network and ran new lines into floor jacks.

so what are you looking to do?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have the wall plates, jacke, crimper, and cable. Its supposed to run to the 2 upstairs rooms (easy, space runs along length of house, in the roof eaves), and down to 2 rooms downstairs (little more difficult, need to feed down between wall).

Right now, temp c ables just run across floor.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I need a new backpack for our upcoming hike across England.

Well we did a quick 3 mile walk this afternoon, probably bump it up to 4 and use that as our practice ciruit for walking. Its a nice walk because it all rolling land so we get some uphill cardio workout in a couple places. Took just over an hour to cover the 3 miles, which is probably a faster pace than we would cover walking along Hadrian's Wall.

I'm figuring that we will probably walk 3 to 4 miles, take a break for a snack. Then another few miles, break for lunch. A few more and break for a snack. Then a few more and that should put us at our nights lodging. Dinner. Relax.

Obviously there will be Roman ruins to see and the locations of those may dictate the time and distance of many of our stops. Our snack stops may be incorporated into the sightseeing stops, etc. We are projecting an average of 11 miles per day.

Anywhere in NWI where i can get a nice strong leather belt for everyday wear, that will hold my holsters well?

I got mine from Sears in the mall!

Pretty much anywhere that sells belts, just get a thick one!
    NO, not a "thick" belt, buy a "stiff" belt. I have thick belts that will not hold up a holster properly.

Cabela's sells a pretty good looking belt called the DOUBLE DUTY. When its on sale its $19.99, when it is not on sale its something like $40. Its a true gun belt. It holds up a full size all steel 1911 without any issues. I've been wearing one almost every day for the past 3 years and mine is showing plenty of wear after 3 years but its still plenty stiff enough to spread the weight of the gun around make for all day comfortable carry.

The first time you try a REAL GUN BELT you will curse all those wannabe belts you've tried in the past!

Seriously, if you carry a gun, buy a real gun belt. I've found no better bargain than the Cabela's Double Duty.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have the wall plates, jacke, crimper, and cable. Its supposed to run to the 2 upstairs rooms (easy, space runs along length of house, in the roof eaves), and down to 2 rooms downstairs (little more difficult, need to feed down between wall).

Right now, temp c ables just run across floor.

ah u probably gonna need a snake cable as well which jedi also has.
    let me get done with this and we can arrange for a time later this month to see what you gonna need.
    hardest part i suspect is the cable pulls since you are doing it after the walls went up.

I need a new backpack for our upcoming hike across England.

Well we did a quick 3 mile walk this afternoon, probably bump it up to 4 and use that as our practice ciruit for walking. Its a nice walk because it all rolling land so we get some uphill cardio workout in a couple places. Took just over an hour to cover the 3 miles, which is probably a faster pace than we would cover walking along Hadrian's Wall.

I'm figuring that we will probably walk 3 to 4 miles, take a break for a snack. Then another few miles, break for lunch. A few more and break for a snack. Then a few more and that should put us at our nights lodging. Dinner. Relax.

Obviously there will be Roman ruins to see and the locations of those may dictate the time and distance of many of our stops. Our snack stops may be incorporated into the sightseeing stops, etc. We are projecting an average of 11 miles per day.

NO, not a "thick" belt, buy a "stiff" belt. I have thick belts that will not hold up a holster properly.

Cabela's sells a pretty good looking belt called the DOUBLE DUTY. When its on sale its $19.99, when it is not on sale its something like $40. Its a true gun belt. It holds up a full size all steel 1911 without any issues. I've been wearing one almost every day for the past 3 years and mine is showing plenty of wear after 3 years but its still plenty stiff enough to spread the weight of the gun around make for all day comfortable carry.

The first time you try a REAL GUN BELT you will curse all those wannabe belts you've tried in the past!

Seriously, if you carry a gun, buy a real gun belt. I've found no better bargain than the Cabela's Double Duty.
    sadly cabelas no longer sells that belt (at least not when i check 6 months ago) i got one when they were on sale about a year ago. was gonna order 2 more even if there were not on sale and cabelas discontinued them. why wtf knows! it was a good belt. cabelas does stupid s*** like that with some of their best selling products. they had some cargo pants that were real great, durable, and comfortable had a lot of high ratings from buyers. the were decent price as well. snagged 2 pairs to try out and loved them. try to order more but discontinued. f****... :xmad:

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana

Thanks for the info. i get of at 8am they don't open till 9 that kills me. Ill have to suck it up and stop in there.... maybe not after Jedis post oh well ill stop in see if they have anything else never need to much excuse for stopping in there.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN

SO very true! Picked up a 5.11 1 3/4 web belt with a plastic stiffener sewed in between the layers from Gander Mountain. WOW, WHAT a difference. Now, I want to replace all of my belts. Whether I am wearing a holster or not, the stiff belt feels real good!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    SO very true! Picked up a 5.11 1 3/4 web belt with a plastic stiffener sewed in between the layers from Gander Mountain. WOW, WHAT a difference. Now, I want to replace all of my belts. Whether I am wearing a holster or not, the stiff belt feels real good!

People often don't understand how critical it is to have a real gun belt. They wear their thick "Dockers" belt or some sort of "Kenneth Cole" dress belt with a gun and the belt sags on the side where the gun is hanging. They spend their day adjusting their stance, adjusting their belt, pants, gun, etc and by the end of the day they are miserable.

Then they try a real gun belt and its like an epifany to them. The stiff belt doesn't sag at your side, it actually distributes the weight of the gun all around the circumfrance of your body. At the end of the day, even with a full steel gun, you don't feel worn out, you have not spent the day adjusting yourself. It is a dramatic difference.

There is simply no way to describe to someone that a proper gunbelt is an investment that you will appreciate EVERY DAY of your life.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

QFT

You value your life and that of your loved ones so ... you buy a quality gun, you buy premium defensive ammunition, you pay for training, you pay for training ammunition ... and you want to stick it all in a $15 holster on a $20 belt? ... seriously?

I agree with Melensdad, pony up and get the complete package ... that includes the holster and the belt.

Here's my advice ... take it or leave it. I have several boxes and a couple hundred dollars worth of unused holsters and belts. Learn from me. For a holster ... it's the Versamax II or the Mad Max. I have one for each handgun that I own. For a belt, I have the Galco CB3 Concealable Contour. This combination is going on ten years for me and the belt still wears like the first day I got it. It's what I have worn every waking moment that I am not at work for the last ten years. The holsters are just as durable. The holsters or the belt are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

That's my two cents for the day. Just trying to save you guys some money and grief.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom