• Status
    Not open for further replies.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    "I'm just a pecker wood who lives in the hills with too many guns." - Mark Walhberg in Shooter :draw::patriot::ar15:

Apparently, because living soo close to "the river", I don't know how to make the above line show up at the bottom of my posts. Could somebody be gentle and explain how to do it?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    "I'm just a pecker wood who lives in the hills with too many guns." - Mark Walhberg in Shooter :draw::patriot::ar15:

Apparently, because living soo close to "the river", I don't know how to make the above line show up at the bottom of my posts. Could somebody be gentle and explain how to do it?

Top left, click "User CP" on the page that opens click "Edit Signature". Paste that line in and click "Save"

Its pretty easy, actually just updated mine...

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Thanks aclark. Just tried that that. I keep getting this error message:

The following errors occurred with your submission
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 1 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.

Is this because I am on an Ipad?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Yeah, if you're not a site supporter, you're limited to the length of your signature.

In other news, I know we talk about the movies Atlas Shrugged 1 & 2, the upcoming part 3 and 1984. But has anyone ever seen "Tucker a man and his dream" I've seen it a few times, a long time back. And it's a true story that basically looks like atlas shrugged.

I highly recommend it. I do know its on amazon prime, not sure about Netflix though.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Question ... In your opinion, how long do you think you can go without sleep and still be functional (drive safely, operate machinery/power tools, read a book, do a crossword/sudoku, etc.)?

Completely depends on my behavior the previous 24 hours. For me could be anywhere from 2 hours to 24 or so.

The Passat uses finesse to achieve its speed, not brute force.

Speaking of the Passat. Where to begin...

I suppose we can start out by saying, as of one drive home from Orland Park on I80, I love this damn thing!

There's a whole lotta back story here but I'll try and sum it up reasonably quick. We'll get straight to the drive home and my initial impressions and not so much the entire buying experience which is an epic all by itself.

Yesterday was the day I said goodbye to my 12 mpg 2011 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 (which incidentally was driven out of my driveway by it's new owner last night at 9pm). I put over 3600 gallons of fuel in that truck starting in late October of '10. My average mpg over that span and 40,000 miles ended up at a resounding 12.4. Nice right?

Nice my a$$.

I tell you what's nice. Getting in a car that reads 17.6 average mpg. Pulling out of the lot and doing a little loop through a 25 mph subdivision for a mile and a half and seeing 21.3. Leaving the dealer, hitting LaGrange to 80, hopping on 80 and just watching that freaking average mpg climb all the way up to 42.3. That's what's fu***ng nice!

Those are crazy numbers when you're used to seeing a giant 12 for the last 3 years. I was just itching to putt around town again (figuring I'd see that 42.3 number plummet) so that's what I did a little later. I went down as low as 38.8 but by the time I was back in the driveway it was back up to 41.4. Good enough for me!

Aside from the mileage I'm also very impressed with the fit, finish and tight feel of the car. The 6 speed manual gearbox is amazingly smooth. Effortless in fact. It may only put out 140hp but as melensdad points out, finesse wins here. A broad powerband of 236lb/ft of torque means onramps and passing are attainable without hesitation. That's been verified. The car handles very well though it did roll a bit more than I would have liked under heavy acceleration through a corner. Not a big deal at all to me since this isn't a sports car.

I have much more to tell but said I would keep it short and I didn't. Maybe over a few cold ones someday. :cheers:

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Yeah, if you're not a site supporter, you're limited to the length of your signature.

In other news, I know we talk about the movies Atlas Shrugged 1 & 2, the upcoming part 3 and 1984. But has anyone ever seen "Tucker a man and his dream" I've seen it a few times, a long time back. And it's a true story that basically looks like atlas shrugged.

I highly recommend it. I do know its on amazon prime, not sure about Netflix though.

Thanks Andy. Atlas Shrugged 1 & 2 are both excellent movies. If the Tucker movie is the one with Jeff Bridges in it, It is good,too. All three are on Netflix.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    The Atlas movies are based off a book published in 1957. Around the same time as Tucker was having his problems. I doubt that society has gotten any better since then..

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    fyi
    south bound traffic on cline is stopped all lanes just north of 165th.
    cops on the scene as it looks like a fatalaity between dump truck and a van/car.
    drive safe.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    1st the IT boys complain that my outlook profile is too big since I have many emails with large attachments so they make me move them to the local hard drive
    Now the IT boys are complaining that my HD backup profile is too big since I have so many large files (ie. the email attachments)....
    :faint:

unHappy friday jedi guesses.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Speaking of the Passat. Where to begin...

. . .

I have much more to tell but said I would keep it short and I didn't. Maybe over a few cold ones someday. :cheers:

Or a cigar!

Thing I love so much about the little 2.0 TDI engine is there is so much torque at the low end of the RPM range that you get up and going QUICK. It may run out of power later on in the curve, but by that point you don't care, you are already passing other traffic by that point!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom