• Status
    Not open for further replies.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    flashpuppy....what do you do for a living?

Uhhh, I makethings... Very specific things, like punch presses, rolling mill parts. I also take things that are broken, figure out why they broke and then try to reconfigure them in a way which will prevent that from happening again. So, with that comes many hats I get wear: machinist, welder, mechanic, electronic technician, programmer, but most importantly - salesmen.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Uhhh, I makethings... Very specific things, like punch presses, rolling mill parts. I also take things that are broken, figure out why they broke and then try to reconfigure them in a way which will prevent that from happening again. So, with that comes many hats I get wear: machinist, welder, mechanic, electronic technician, programmer, but most importantly - salesmen.

sssooooo u look like this guy hu?
    ShadySalesman.jpg

:rofl:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Nice looking poochie (maybe a retriever? lab? ... reddish/golden coat ... about 80 lbs) wandering southbound in the grassy median of 394 (near Glenwwod-Dyer Road). Poor thing looked scared. Hope the doggie makes it. There was a lot of traffic in both directions.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nice looking poochie (maybe a retriever? lab? ... reddish/golden coat ... about 80 lbs) wandering southbound in the grassy median of 394 (near Glenwwod-Dyer Road). Poor thing looked scared. Hope the doggie makes it. There was a lot of traffic in both directions.

wait... wait...
    you mean you stop the urge to get out of your car and try and shoot it?
    is it because you did not have bob's rifle with you?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    wait... wait...
    you mean you stop the urge to get out of your car and try and shoot it?
    is it because you did not have bob's rifle with you?
    the only reason he managed to resist the urge is that he isn't po-po.
    For some reason I can't get the purple to work.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    the only reason he managed to resist the urge is that he isn't po-po.
    For some reason I can't get the purple to work.

If you just hit the REPLY or REPLY WITH QUOTE button and try to select the text and change it's color IT WILL NOT WORK!
    You now have to take an added step.
    1) Use RPELY or RPELY WITH QUOTE
    2) Click on the GO ADVANCE button
    3) now highlight and change the color of the text, etc...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I didn't want to stop because I would either get bitten or I would get to watch the dog run out in traffic and get smurfed ... probably cause a pile up too and I would get sued.

Also, way too much traffic and I was moving too quickly to stop without causing a crash. I could see the headlines now:

"Good Samaritan stops to help stray dog. Get's rear-ended and causes chain reaction crash. Multiple fatalities including a bus full of nuns and orphans. Dog survives and has to be put down due to rabies."

Still ... it was a pretty dog. Probably not a stray ... nice coat and well fed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    @only the Qualk: The lawn furniture is sitting in my driveway, up next to the 3rd garage door. Not sure what time you will get there, so I don't know if anyone will be home. Feel free to just pull up, load up and leave. If you hear the dogs barking and nobody is yelling at them to SHUT UP then its a safe bet nobody is home.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    @only the Qualk: The lawn furniture is sitting in my driveway, up next to the 3rd garage door. Not sure what time you will get there, so I don't know if anyone will be home. Feel free to just pull up, load up and leave. If you hear the dogs barking and nobody is yelling at them to SHUT UP then its a safe bet nobody is home.

Good deal. I hope to arrive around 7pm tonight then heading to the lounge with a buddy of mine.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You should try being a cable installer. People have some wild electrical setups in their houses for their electronics. Extension cords running everywhere. Wall socket multipliers with multiple power strips. Then again I did some dumb **** too. Using absolutely garbage cable like RG-59 with no shield foil or braid. Ethernet over telephone quad wire. VDSL over basically speaker wire to a 5th floor apartment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom