Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You should try being a cable installer. People have some wild electrical setups in their houses for their electronics. Extension cords running everywhere. Wall socket multipliers with multiple power strips. Then again I did some dumb **** too. Using absolutely garbage cable like RG-59 with no shield foil or braid. Ethernet over telephone quad wire. VDSL over basically speaker wire to a 5th floor apartment.

No thank you! I see enough of it here in the building. Really make me mad since it's not like we don't have the proper equipment, but folks don't ask and/or do what they want and as long as there is power they don't worry. :faint:

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    pie-chart-20090811-123901.jpg

:):

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Good deal. I hope to arrive around 7pm tonight then heading to the lounge with a buddy of mine.

1905 tonight:
    911: hello, 911 what is your emergency?
    ?: Uhh, yeah hi, I was just driving past my friends' house and there's a strange vehicle backed up to his garage.
    911: So, what is the emergency.
    ?: Umm, my friend and his family are not home, I'm actually driving to meet them now. OMG! HE HAS A GUN, HURRY!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    1905 tonight:
    911: hello, 911 what is your emergency?
    ?: Uhh, yeah hi, I was just driving past my friends' house and there's a strange vehicle backed up to his garage.
    911: So, what is the emergency.
    ?: Umm, my friend and his family are not home, I'm actually driving to meet them now. OMG! HE HAS A GUN, HURRY!

:facepalm:
    :nono: now that we know te old man wont be home we can rob the place!
    put the poison ivy in the pool, let the dogs run wild, use the tractor to make marks on the grass, use bricks to semi-break the windows..

& you call yourself a north of us-30 you people!!!
    god save the queen really!!!

pruple where needed.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Question ... In your opinion, how long do you think you can go without sleep and still be functional (drive safely, operate machinery/power tools, read a book, do a crossword/sudoku, etc.)?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Question ... In your opinion, how long do you think you can go without sleep and still be functional (drive safely, operate machinery/power tools, read a book, do a crossword/sudoku, etc.)?
    At this point in my life, 24-28 hours would be the absolute max. I would have to have been well rested before that too.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    In my younger (army) days 72-96 hours wasn't unheard of, now? 24-36 I'd guess, but I would not be a happy camper and wouldn't be doing a crossword either.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

not sure how to say this but a graph would help me show it if I got post one (on moblie) but basically think of a exponential curve that goes down. at the start fully rested ones awareness if at 100% as you go hours upon hours withput sleep the human function start to slowly go down and then it rapidily goes down.

yes you be able to operat a power tool say 24hrs without sleep but your reflects for safey handleing will not be that great. same with reading a book. you will be able to read but actually conprhensed and retain maynot work as well.

add to that the age factor and you now have different graphs along with health.
    y u asking?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    not sure how to say this but a graph would help me show it if I got post one (on moblie) but basically think of a exponential curve that goes down. at the start fully rested ones awareness if at 100% as you go hours upon hours withput sleep the human function start to slowly go down and then it rapidily goes down.

yes you be able to operat a power tool say 24hrs without sleep but your reflects for safey handleing will not be that great. same with reading a book. you will be able to read but actually conprhensed and retain maynot work as well.

add to that the age factor and you now have different graphs along with health.
    y u asking?

bcuz I wasss woonder .... zzzzzzz

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom