• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I gotta ask why Team VW didn't work out. They have treated me very very well

Wouldn't do a cross-dealership search?
    Wouldn't even begin to negotiate on the price, LIST or nothing!
    Wouldn't order the racing front end ... claimed it was not available. (look at my car to prove them wrong)
    Wanted $5000 for a repair (w/90-day warranty) that I had done by my local guy for under $2000 (w/12 month warranty)

Shall I go on?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    that is weird, they did a cross dealership search for me, who was your sales person on that?

I don't recall his name but it was the same guy for all 3 cars that I purchased. I bought 3 VWs between 2006 and late 2009. First was a fully loaded Touareg, second a mid-level Passat, last was my daughter's fully loaded 2010 Jetta TDI.

I went to TEAM first for all 3, went to ORLAND second. TEAM always quoted MSRP and would not deal. ORLAND took $16,000 off the Touareg (listed at $54,000). ORLAND only took $500 off the Jetta TDI but it was $500 less than TEAM. The Passat was bought off the lot and they took a couple grand off of that one. The other two purchases were exact apple-to-apple quotes.

Parts and Service seem to be a lot more friendly and flexible at Orland too.

But I will say that when I go to TEAM for oil changes or similar the service guys always take care of me pretty well. It just seems like they do it a little better at Orland.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I don't recall his name but it was the same guy for all 3 cars that I purchased. I bought 3 VWs between 2006 and late 2009. First was a fully loaded Touareg, second a mid-level Passat, last was my daughter's fully loaded 2010 Jetta TDI.

I went to TEAM first for all 3, went to ORLAND second. TEAM always quoted MSRP and would not deal. ORLAND took $16,000 off the Touareg (listed at $54,000). ORLAND only took $500 off the Jetta TDI but it was $500 less than TEAM. The Passat was bought off the lot and they took a couple grand off of that one. The other two purchases were exact apple-to-apple quotes.

Parts and Service seem to be a lot more friendly and flexible at Orland too.

But I will say that when I go to TEAM for oil changes or similar the service guys always take care of me pretty well. It just seems like they do it a little better at Orland.

You need to go see Ryan, and tell him Andrew sent ya. Or talk to the owner direct.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    movies-lego-back-to-the-future-box.jpg

LEGO makes the announcement that this fan made model will be released in 2014.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    That's it!!!! If you don't want to hear any *****in, skip this post.

I just got my new Redding T7 press today. It's junk. First off, the castings just plain look bad. The grain structure is all over, no continuity. Powder coat is thin to put it mildly. I can get past cosmetic items as long as it functions as it should. Nope. All sorts of shavings, grit and grime in the ram and the ram bore. Freakin burrs all over machined parts as well. The damn ram locked itself solid while I was just trying it out.

I pulled the whole thing apart and had to dress every edge, rehone the bore and polish the gall mark out of the ram.

Why? We don't make anything worth it's price tag in this country anymore. I'm so dissapointed in this apparent lack of QC. I will be on the horn with Redding first thing in the morning and see if I can return it.

If I were to build myself a very nice turret press, would anyone else be interested in getting one?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's it!!!! If you don't want to hear any *****in, skip this post.

I just got my new Redding T7 press today. It's junk. First off, the castings just plain look bad. The grain structure is all over, no continuity. Powder coat is thin to put it mildly. I can get past cosmetic items as long as it functions as it should. Nope. All sorts of shavings, grit and grime in the ram and the ram bore. Freakin burrs all over machined parts as well. The damn ram locked itself solid while I was just trying it out.

I pulled the whole thing apart and had to dress every edge, rehone the bore and polish the gall mark out of the ram.

Why? We don't make anything worth it's price tag in this country anymore. I'm so dissapointed in this apparent lack of QC. I will be on the horn with Redding first thing in the morning and see if I can return it.

If I were to build myself a very nice turret press, would anyone else be interested in getting one?

Should have bought a LEE the yellow religion die hards will tell you
    Should have bought a RCBS the green religion die hards will tell you
    Should have bought a Hordany the red religion die hards will tell you
    Should have bought a Dillon the blue religion die hards will tell you

But :nono: you had to go and get a press that no color religion follows!
    Poor baby!
    :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member