• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well I survived day 1 in Lowell/Schneider. That really sucked. The route wouldn't be too bad if it had notes, and if those rednecks could put numbers in a visible location . . .
    Hey, its hard to get the numbers to fade out. If left alone it takes a long time for the sun to bleach out the numers. Personally I used a brillo pad to scape most of the ink off the numbers so mine are "aged" prematurely. Consider it a challenge! In fact, you should thank me for slowing down your work, you are paid by the hour, right?

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Its already a challenge to find the address then my location code for the meter is "Out Pole" on my ITron. The problem is the guy who used to read this route either deleted or did not have any notes. I read around 142 meters today in from leaving the shop at 8:15 and getting back around 2:45. No stopping for lunch. On a good day on a residential route I can read that in an hour. On apartments I can read that in around 17 minutes, while climbing steps and locking doors when I finish. I felt useless but with no notes as to where to go I ran in circles all day... Needless to say I was very angry and very confused by the end of the day.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    They always go to the wrong side of my house first. Then go to the right side. I see them disappear down the driveway, then they walk by my window after 40 second, realizing they're on the wrong side. I've ofte thougt of putting a sign on the fence, pointing out that the meter is on the other side. Along with my signs I haven't posted yet, to notify them that there's dogs on the property.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Its already a challenge to find the address then my location code for the meter is "Out Pole" on my ITron. The problem is the guy who used to read this route either deleted or did not have any notes. I read around 142 meters today in from leaving the shop at 8:15 and getting back around 2:45. No stopping for lunch. On a good day on a residential route I can read that in an hour. On apartments I can read that in around 17 minutes, while climbing steps and locking doors when I finish. I felt useless but with no notes as to where to go I ran in circles all day... Needless to say I was very angry and very confused by the end of the day.

Poor Clif! Reminds me of my intern days with NIPSCO doing gas line corrosion readings in southern lake county and porter county. Maps wrong all wrong, test sites that did not exist or located on different gas sectors, etc. The other interns would turn in huge numbers doing the testing in northern lake county (EC, Gary, Hammond, etc...) while it took me all f*** week to do the numbers they did in one day! :xmad:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    No we have to do our own corrosion inspections... Its all good, unless you come across a lot of corrosion. Then management says you are finding too much and they send you back for retraining.

As for Andy, could be the location codes are wrong, or it could be we are getting the neighbors house over the fence or something of that sort.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What do you mean by that when you say a better way to carry it in your car? For me it's easy to get the IWB holster off the belt seating down but to get it back on seating down is a pain in the A$$. I am getting better at it. I unloosing my belt and that seems to help.
    When I am going to work, the holster you made is not convenient since I would have to take off my belt to get it off. Since I cannot carry in IL, I need to find a better way to carry the gun while in the car.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Just finished yanking the audio out of the truck. All told probably 9 hours total.

Tomorrow. Digging. I ain't sposed tu b wurkin dis hard on da weakened.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I looked through my timeclock record tonight. In the last 6 weeks I have had exactly two 24hr periods away from work....

Guess I can't complain, I knew this going into my profession and it's a steady income. Still would like some free time every once in a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom