Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got good news TWICE today.

First, Melen was accepted to Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem NC. Found a big "Congratulations" envelope in the mailbox today when I got home.

Second, just PASSED the final inspection on my swimming pool, deck, fence, pool house. Put it all in 2 years ago and forgot to get a "final" inspection done. Inspector came out today and said we passed. I guess its official, now I can go swimming?

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    Where are you guys finding these toshiba laptops that actually work ? I've replaced hard drives in atleast 22 of them in the last 4 years... Once the hard drive is replaced ten thier pretty nice computers but those drives all failed within the first year of use... Haven't had any problem with Dell or compaq/HP which is the same manufacturer and the ASUS or ACER stuff has been pretty good...

Seeker I might just do that, you think the Amish will have a problem with all the cute young ladies running around the place shooting machineguns in thier bikini's ? LOL...

lol Their elders might have a problem with the bikini part, but I doubt the young men would mind. I think they like their guns though I was amazed when I went to the Nappanee Gun Show how many Amish were there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey melensdad check this out. 2nd page, middle colum, 4th paragraph down.
    When I read the 2nd option it looks like you can have it loaded if its not immediately accessible like in a trunk. What do you think.
    http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/1-154.pdf

I think that you will be a "test case" in the Illinois court system. :):

Actually, I'd stick with what the judge has ruled, rather than what a flyer from the Illinois State Police state. We know a judge ruled, in the glove box, unloaded, with a loaded magazine beside it, is LEGAL. We do not know if there has been a ruling by a judge on what is listed in the pamphlet from the ISP.

So while the wording seems to imply that loaded but inaccessible may be legal, I'd be a lot more comfortable with a court case backing that up, or with specific language in an Illinois code stating that fact.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I think that you will be a "test case" in the Illinois court system. :):

Actually, I'd stick with what the judge has ruled, rather than what a flyer from the Illinois State Police state. We know a judge ruled, in the glove box, unloaded, with a loaded magazine beside it, is LEGAL. We do not know if there has been a ruling by a judge on what is listed in the pamphlet from the ISP.

So while the wording seems to imply that loaded but inaccessible may be legal, I'd be a lot more comfortable with a court case backing that up, or with specific language in an Illinois code stating that fact.

The reason I brought it up because that was the first time I've ever seen it worded like that. I didn't know if there was another case on this subject. I like the idea that I could keeping a loaded shotgun in the trunk but I don't think I want to be a test case and this one.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    like... with lethal force...?

like this?
    Judgment-Day-October-21-2011-Rapture-End-of-the-World-earth-exploding_thumb.png

:rofl:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    It's sad that someone spends enough time here to have +18,000 posts, but can still do this;

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._remington_bucket_of_bullets_1400_rounds.html

:rolleyes:

He had 1000rds of .223 that he wanted $300 per 500rds. He was up in NWI for a day so I offered him $350 for 1k, never got a response. Eff him.

Maybe he's just looking for a $56 Marlin 795 or a $56 BCG.
    I got a $75 Marlin 795 about 2 years ago!

Clif45, diggin the belt, might have to get one. The taco pouches aren't bad either except the pistol ones are too deep for the 15rd 9mm, can't grab them really easily if they're all the way in.

Anyone here prefer Lancer mags over PMAGS? Just got 6 Lancers today and not 100% sure I like the feel of them....

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Today is a happy day. I finally brought my Dan Wesson 715 with the 8 inch barrel home. And an eotech followed me home as well

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom