• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Any of you guys fish? I don't go much and am not real great. Not TERRIBLE, but by no means good. I have a few hours (read, 3-4 at MOST) to go Friday and am wondering where I should go and what I should target. Enough steelhead in the river to make that worth while? Should I go to the Lake front park and go for steelhead/whitefish? Same thing at the Indiana Harbor?

Other places extremely close to Portage I can go? I have not found a good place YET for shore fishing where I can count on catching more than 1 or 2 bluegill of keeping size. I really don't care what I fish for so long as I can try to get enough to make a meal out of (at least 4 medium to large bluegill, a single legal bass, etc). Anyone have any hints or places to go? The only place I can count on is the east branch and that will be closed after this week :-\

Walmart :laugh:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Which laptops did you guys say to stay away from? Which ones did you recommend?

I'm thinking that I might just walk into Walmart and grab something off the shelf.

I'll look for a PC later.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Jedi's recommendations.

:puke: dell or compaq
    :yesway: Toshiba or IBM/Lenovo
    :dunno: on HP (it's a toss up if they are good or bad)

Hmmm ... I was eyeballing an HP earlier.

I've warmed up to the Toshiba after the initial hiccups ... remember? Wasn't happy with it's inability to work with my new HP printer. However, I think we figured out that was a Windows 7 issue. :dunno:

I still hate the look of Windows 8 ... and it's on everything now ... like a rash.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

I've warmed up to the Toshiba after the initial hiccups ... remember? Wasn't happy with it's inability to work with my new HP printer. However, I think we figured out that was a Windows 7 issue. :dunno:

I still hate the look of Windows 8 ... and it's on everything now ... like a rash.

Do like me. Throw win 8 away install 7.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Welcome to Classic Shell
    It's a free shell that makes windows 8 look like WIN XP, WIN VISTA, or WIN 7 so you will NEVER have to see the start up of WIN 8 but still have all the benefits of WIN 8 (under the hood so to speak) which are better than WIN 7.

Do like me. Throw win 8 away install 7.

Yeah you could do that as well but it's backwards thinking.

Wooooow portage pd is deleting all of our comments...wtf

hum... where??

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    Which laptops did you guys say to stay away from? Which ones did you recommend?

I'm thinking that I might just walk into Walmart and grab something off the shelf.

I'll look for a PC later.

I would agree with Jedi on Dell's consumer brands for laptops, but their business grade like the Latitudes seem to be of a higher quality.

I would agree on Lenovo and Toshiba being pretty good. Like Dell, HP's business line seem to be better built, then their regular laptops.

Asus and Samsung aren't that bad either.

Lenovo has an outlet store, so you may be able to find a deal on there.

Laptops & Ultrabooks | Lenovo Outlet (US) | Lenovo | (US)

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Heres what was deleted in chronological order. So you know before this basivslly this giy gets busted for robbing places in portage. These ladies (one a reformed junkie) are saying he's a good person jist on heroin. Its heroins fsilt not his.i made some points before this that can be found here- Portage Police Department (Indiana) - Portage, IN - Law Enforcement | Facebook. On the right hand side.

Screenshots_2013-03-25-12-37-07_zps179d052b.png

Screenshots_2013-03-25-12-37-21_zps29bca38c.png

Screenshots_2013-03-25-12-31-39_zpsa161fe30.png

Screenshots_2013-03-25-12-51-17_zps62994f43.png

Screenshots_2013-03-25-12-31-23_zpsdfd2f335.png

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

Acer makes pretty good products at a low cost, burnt out a laptop and a desktop from them though. Have 2 22" monitors that are still kickin'.

HP Desktop and 2 laptops I have are still going strong after 4-5yrs.

Dell is junk, even their Latitude business line blows (what I have for work)...STAY AWAY!!!

Toshiba's I've dealt with have been ok. Built like tanks.

Haven't handled an IBM in years.

I loved Win 7 when it came out and jumped from 2k to 7, skipping Vista. Win 8 I'm not so fond of, but its TOLERABLE with the classic shell jedi mentioned above. Still a ***** to deal with, but tolerable.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Where are you guys finding these toshiba laptops that actually work ? I've replaced hard drives in atleast 22 of them in the last 4 years... Once the hard drive is replaced ten thier pretty nice computers but those drives all failed within the first year of use... Haven't had any problem with Dell or compaq/HP which is the same manufacturer and the ASUS or ACER stuff has been pretty good...

Seeker I might just do that, you think the Amish will have a problem with all the cute young ladies running around the place shooting machineguns in thier bikini's ? LOL...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom