• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Interesting turn of events on the work front. Heard from a reliable source that my interview for the promotion, in another department, may just be a formality and my name was on top of the list.

Well today I discover that I have an investigation tomorrow for setting a pattern and excessive calling off. I missed 2 1/2 days this year for the flu. And the half day butted up against my off day. Plus 1 single day in January, where I was just under the weather and due to not feeling well I was up all night so I called in because I didn't get any sleep.

My union rep talked and they want to fire me for 10 days, because I have 10 days over my head for the safety issue I turned myself in for last year.

I won't know until later if I work tonight or not. Since my job falls under the federal hours of service and I wouldn't get off work until 0700 and would have to be back for my investigation at 1500.

Now the kicker is if I call off tonight I get paid my normal daily rate for not working + time and a half for coming in outside of my regular hours for the investigation. Basically, due to the contract, if they hold the investigation they have to pay me $800.

I'd still loose 10 days pay, or 6 actually, because time served includes regular off days. Plus they allow you to use vacation days during fired time. So I really won't loose money, just paid time off.

But I find it interesting that I hear I may be leaving my department then my department decides to "punish me".

But the several others who have received letters for calling off just received a letter of reprimand.

So yeah, just got home from work and I'm feeling the love right now.

Those bastages

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Those bastages

:laugh::D
    3wcjxZ2.jpg

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Melensdad, the pink :puke: gloves were bought as a joke, for jedi, actually, but they also got me free shipping on galls.com when I ordered a holster. Plus, they fit me better then Kevin's gloves at work.

Jedi once said he needed gloves for all the food handling he does at the meet and shoots, so I bought some pink :puke: gloves. I've brought them once or twice to the shoots.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi,

I found a unicorn for you, I know it's not the one you're looking for but sometimes beggars can't be choosers. :rolleyes:

:puke: Although that might turn t-star on. :laugh:
    -1 for you and a time out I think are in order. That is SO NOT my unicorn!

:xmad:

Jedi once said he needed gloves for all the food handling he does at the meet and shoots, so I bought some pink :puke: gloves. I've brought them once or twice to the shoots.

PINK GLOVEs hum... what was I gonna say... hum...

What brings you into my neighborhood so much you can recognize it from that picture? :):

He is trying to become a thug and steal something from you. :D

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I just want a simple computer that will do what I want it to do, with as few issues as are possible, and do it as easily and as trouble free as is both practical and possible.

Well you won't get that with a PC. I've been through them all and they last on average 2 years before slowing down and eventually crapping out.

I stopped wasting my money and bought a MAC. Couldn't be happier. Never had a single glitch and they are soooo much easier to use. That fact is indisputable.

PC's are the Edsel's of the computer world plain and simple. I don't know of anyone who has gone to a MAC and switched back to a PC.

The hater's have either never had one or just buy the anti-hype hook line and sinker. Probably both.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Few things can make me happy like the smell of a fresh box of the finest...

Parking violations.
    78F7016E-CA5F-4E5C-B809-B3FF88378F26-3462-000002B4D05B81B4.jpg

Brand new ready to be places on offending vehicles.

It's like a baby being born.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom