xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Come on Frosty, what about the .22LR?

Nope, NADA!!!!!

Friday morning people start lineing up at 0700 for the store to open at 0900 for ammo rations!!!!! I think it is 5 or 10 boxes per person. Clerk said people would even bring spouses in to buy extra ammo. I preceded to tell the clerk that it isn't right and he said "I know but the company hasn't changed their policy on it yet and money is money" :bs:

So yeah, NO 9, .40, .22lr, .223/5.56, .45, 7.62x39 etc....

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    :nono: but you can in Battlefield 2 just pick up the enemy kit and then :ar15:all you want. So long as you don't run out of ammo. :D

Get on that BF3 Jedi!

1xwJpUi.jpg

Y7HBZXZ.jpg

56PGLbD.jpg

OzYZENv.jpg

mBWe4RC.jpg

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    :(
    Sadly mygame rig is far too old and can't handle BF3.
    My rig tunred 8 years old this year.
    but next year when I'm forced to leave Windows XP I plan on getting a new gaming rig and wil skip BF3 and go to BF4. :ar15:

I'm one of the last in my clan that is still playing BF2, unoffically.
    www.taw.net

I've seen TAW around on many different games. HUUUUUUUUUGE clan.

I already have BF4 Pre-Ordered.
    and damn, I just sold a sick gaming rig about 3 months ago, that could handle everything. I sold it for like 550.

My new rig cost me about $2600 total to build.

Peripherals:
    - Benq 26" 120 Hertz Refresh Rate 1920x1080 Gaming Monitor
    - Razer Lycosa
    - Razer Deathadder
    - Plantronics 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound Headset

My new Rigs Specs:
    - Thermaltake Chaser MK-I (VN300M1W2N) Black SECC ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    - MSI 990FXA-GD80 V2 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    - EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    - CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    - AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor. ( I have it overclocked to 4.2)
    - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 ( Overclock to 1866)
    - Corsair Force Series 180 GB Solid State Drive.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    you should join us then. we have been around since 2001 and are one of the few international gaming organizations around. tell them Jedi sent you as i'm an old, old member there.

might have to hit you up next year when i get ready to build.

I've seen TAW around on many different games. HUUUUUUUUUGE clan.

I already have BF4 Pre-Ordered.
    and damn, I just sold a sick gaming rig about 3 months ago, that could handle everything. I sold it for like 550.

My new rig cost me about $2600 total to build.

Peripherals:
    - Benq 26" 120 Hertz Refresh Rate 1920x1080 Gaming Monitor
    - Razer Lycosa
    - Razer Deathadder
    - Plantronics 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound Headset

My new Rigs Specs:
    - Thermaltake Chaser MK-I (VN300M1W2N) Black SECC ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    - MSI 990FXA-GD80 V2 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    - EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    - CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    - AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor. ( I have it overclocked to 4.2)
    - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 ( Overclock to 1866)
    - Corsair Force Series 180 GB Solid State Drive.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    you should join us then. we have been around since 2001 and are one of the few international gaming organizations around. tell them Jedi sent you as i'm an old, old member, who plays with legos, there.

might have to hit you up next year when i get ready to build.

FIFY

and for sure! Just let me know!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I kinda want to join a large clan again, but it has been long since i played any game other than Star Wars:The Old Republic

TAW requires committment on the part of the player. Each unit/division (ie. gaming unit: Battlefield, FarCry, World of Tanks, etc..) has mandatory events at least 2 per week IIRC.

So if you can not give at least 1 hour of your time twice a week it will be hard to stay in TAW, on the gaming side.

There are a limited number of admin slots that we also have (ie. website coding, TAW media (youtube, web cast, newletter, etc.) but most of those get filled after a member request a transfer from the gaming side.

FIFY

and for sure! Just let me know!

:facepalm:
    Oh TAW is very much aware of my LEGO hobby. :D
    But they tolerate it casue I'm the treasurer, so I have all the :spend:.
    They would not want Jedi to go crazy and buy PINK LEGO bricks. :laugh:
    I use to be in charge of the Battlefield division back when we played BF 1942 and then BF2. Moved over to the admin side of the house a few years back and now I do very little gaming and more admin work for them then anything else.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    I tend to like smaller clans.
    Like I have a group of buddies that play with me, there is only about 10 or 12 of us, but when we go into a server, we can pretty much guarantee a win 99.9% of the time.
    We may be a small group, but we tear it up! :ar15:
    We usually all get on Skype or on TS3

Does TAW have any competitive play?
    I played MLG for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and other leagues for Black Ops and MW2.
    I have done only a handful of competitive league play in BF3.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I tend to like smaller clans.
    Like I have a group of buddies that play with me, there is only about 10 or 12 of us, but when we go into a server, we can pretty much guarantee a win 99.9% of the time.
    We may be a small group, but we tear it up! :ar15:
    We usually all get on Skype or on TS3

Does TAW have any competitive play?
    I played MLG for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and other leagues for black ops and MW2.
    I have done only a handful of competitive league play in BF3.

While TAW is huge member wise it's not huge per unit/division.
    Each gaming division sets its own way of playing so long as the 2 mandatory events are done each week. So for instead our current BF3 division has 125 members (for example) broken down into 3 battaltions (US, Europe, and Asia). Each battalion then has it's own teams. So you play on the NA Battalion but you won't see the Asain BTN often due to time zone difference. In addition most of the games will be TAW vs some other clan. They do have TAW NA vs TAW Euro vs TAW Asia every now and then.

Other units are real small. FC3 has 20 members and they tend to stick to themseleves. Just depends on the division that you join. Some are large enough to do an internal tournament with teams, others play on competition ladders (ie. quake wars).

That is not to say that if you join BF2 you HAVE to play on a tournament style ladder. Many times we have members that want to learn how to play on a team but don't want to compete. The form smaller groups and get on public servers and are happy with just that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

For an old man like you perhaps.
    While we focus mainly on gaming, we do also have leadership development training, graphical design training and website coding training which we have developed and have helped members get jobs due to their years of experience in the organization and volunteers in these areas.

TAW university is where this is done and it has flourished. Heck we are now doing media as well (interviewing gamers and lna events, writing articles, etc..) So it's more than just gaming now-a-days.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    My boss was at the marathon. Her niece finished and they were in the hotel right there when the bomb went off. She was watching the race where the second bomb went off.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For an old man like you perhaps.
    While we focus mainly on gaming, we do also have leadership development training, graphical design training and website coding training which we have developed and have helped members get jobs due to their years of experience in the organization and volunteers in these areas.

TAW university is where this is done and it has flourished. Heck we are now doing media as well (interviewing gamers and lna events, writing articles, etc..) So it's more than just gaming now-a-days.

Blah blah. I used to do the whole online gaming/clan thing. Then I got tired of putting up with all the nitwits online.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom