Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    :facepalm:
    :faint:
    :(
    I am looking for someone who is going to Indy to pick up .22lr ammo for the youth event and you just came from there!!!!! :xmad:

Yea I thought about contacting you but I wasn't going one able to pick it up....sucks but Indy isn't exactly a small town plus time was an issue.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yup, but you have to realize that the No Child Left Behind (Sen Kennedy) and the Core Curriculum (Bill Gates) as well as the state standards imposed has created a situation where grades are inflated and teachers are not allowed to fail students. Quite literally its the rule in some of the local public school systems that a child can FAIL every class in 6th grade and move up to 7th, where he can again FAIL every class and get moved up to 8th, where he can, once again, fail every class and enter high school the following year without having achieved the basic skills needed to enter high school.

In one of the high schools where I coach the administration's policy is that teachers are essentially forbidden from giving a grade lower than 60%.

Well, between that and everything we do to make them feel GREAT about nothing. Congratulations, you are breathing, here is your award. Some schools I was in, they were told they could not mark wrong answers with a red marker, cause that hurt feelings. They had to use purple or green. Seriously?? Want to not have hurt feelings, get smarter

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yup, but you have to realize that the No Child Left Behind (Sen Kennedy) and the Core Curriculum (Bill Gates) as well as the state standards imposed has created a situation where grades are inflated and teachers are not allowed to fail students. Quite literally its the rule in some of the local public school systems that a child can FAIL every class in 6th grade and move up to 7th, where he can again FAIL every class and get moved up to 8th, where he can, once again, fail every class and enter high school the following year without having achieved the basic skills needed to enter high school.

In one of the high schools where I coach the administration's policy is that teachers are essentially forbidden from giving a grade lower than 60%.

That is how it has been in Chicago for a LONG time. Look at well it has worked there.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    That one should be at least 56%. :)

Well too bad, you should know that Lake Co residents are crooked and try to get around as much as possible. Besides, I think I pay enough in taxes as it is, it's not my fault those greedy politicians choose to not spend money wisely! :spend:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yea I thought about contacting you but I wasn't going one able to pick it up....sucks but Indy isn't exactly a small town plus time was an issue.

h7BB036BA
    :D

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Picked up my new holsters yesterday, new pants today, got the bag ready for tomorrow, and now getting ready for bed. been a busy past few days.

If anyone needs kydex work done and doesnt want to deal with making it yourself, check out Contact! Concealment. The work is great and was fair priced. Since he is local he was able to make everything and get it back to me in less than a week. Not bad compared to the very long waits from RCS or others, and there is no FFL's and shipping for guns that there are no molds for. I will be running the gear all weekend so if anyone wants to leave the computer chair and come to steel plates or 3 gun in Niles you are more than welcome to check it out.

Today I went back up to Star Uniform in Portage and bought some new 5.11 pants. They are a few more dollars than LAPG and they have tax, but I like to support local business when I can. Good people there, but man 5.11 charges some outrageous prices for certain gear. They have a cobra belt that cost $95. I can get SOE that is MITMFUSA for much less, and looks nicer. But if you like that type of gear, or need pants hemmed they are the place to go.

So where else is everyone shooting this weekend?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I ordered some Izulas, Izula II's, Esee 3,4,5,and 6's. I think I got a good assortment, and we are going to price them to move, well below retail cost.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    13 cent a round. No. I'll buy 22 when it comes down some more.

:noway:
    Sorry to hear that GOW. Haven't seen you around lately.

Well...here is the 411. I stepped in a hole at work on the 25th of last month. I went to the clinic (useless). They told me to see my orthopedic surgeon which I did. He kept me off til last Monday. They also are trying to tell me that I didn't get hurt at work so they aren't going to consider it a workman's comp case. I am talking to the union on that one. I went back to work Sunday night and worked 5 12 hour shifts. It's not KILLING me right now, but it is uncomfortable. I am taking NORCO pain killers, but only when I absolutely have to which is intermittently. I see the doc again Monday and will see what he says after I've been back to work. I'm on anti inflammatory drugs as well. So I'm going to take it easy and try not to make it any worse. I SO want to shoot IDPA and steel this year. I wasn't able to last year because of my foot.

LadyGhost is slowly getting better as well. It seems to be two steps forward one back, but she seems to be heading in the right direction.

Oh if anyone locally does HVAC I am in need of a new furnace and AC. Seems my furnace decided that now was a good time to die (the heat exchanger is cracked/rusted.

G

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    NWI INGO: What is the biggest reason that stops you from training?

Cost?
    Time?
    Gear (holsters/pouches/clothing)?
    Not having the "right" gun?
    Afraid of shooting bad?
    Afraid of being "Too Good" for a course?
    Don't know where to start?
    Anything else?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom