• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I get to deal with the public school kids now, it amazes me that high school students can't find California on a map.
    Sehwut?

My brain just climbed out through my nose, said "I quit" and ran away while I was trying to process this.

I remember in high school, there were kids(a lot) that still couldn't read a sentence without stuttering like a moron.

I felt like this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gm9_m14rMU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It is your :patriot: duty comrade to give your fair share. After all we have lots to do in finding snowball and his accomplices. Even now snowball is among us. Be careful comrade. :rolleyes:

Snowball??? What the heck are you talking about? Are you off your meds again?

I sure hope you are not talking about the Urban Dictionary definition of snowball.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Snowball??? What the heck are you talking about? Are you off your meds again?

I sure hope you are not talking about the Urban Dictionary definition of snowball.

See comrades snowball have even gotten to Wild Deuce and posioned his mind to try and make him forget about him.

We must now keep a watchful eye on WD as well. :cool:

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Let the vaca begin...

I love my job, got $20 for a finders fee on some scrap for this guy I know and also made $160 off of some Gold some idiot was throwing away.:spend: :bacondance:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have a love/hate with my job. Drove down to Indy today for a statewide meeting. Left at 5am, and just got home at 415. Although they did announce "Best of the Best" for each business unit (Northern, Central, Southern) and I got the honor for the Northern unit. $1000 bonus for me on the 30th!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    We'll see. Want to try and finish up my 6.5 Grendel build, but we are going on vaca on May 3, so don't know if I'll get access to MY bonus...lol

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Man, Gander Mountain by the mall is going all in with the guns. The place is literally going to be wall to wall with displays. Too bad they can't keep ammo in stock.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just dropped Black Betty off at Blythe's. They were going to replace the bolt release right there, but couldn't find the rights size allen wrench. Black Rain Ordnance uses an allen screw instead of a pin. So I'll pick her up tomorrow.

There were .22s there. .13 cent a round.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Let the vaca begin...

I love my job, got $20 for a finders fee on some scrap for this guy I know and also made $160 off of some Gold some idiot was throwing away.:spend: :bacondance:

Lets see of that $180 take out $27 for federal taxes at 15% (i'll be nice and NOT slap you with the 25% rate). Hum how much for IN? 3% right so take away another $5. So $148 for you so far. Now lets see LAKE COUNTY will do 1.5% so another 2.7 out of the pot. Lets see what other tax I can dig up just for you. :rolleyes:

I have a love/hate with my job. Drove down to Indy today for a statewide meeting. Left at 5am, and just got home at 415. Although they did announce "Best of the Best" for each business unit (Northern, Central, Southern) and I got the honor for the Northern unit. $1000 bonus for me on the 30th!

:facepalm:
    :faint:
    :(
    I am looking for someone who is going to Indy to pick up .22lr ammo for the youth event and you just came from there!!!!! :xmad:

What is really encouraging is the fact that .22lr ammunition at $0.20/round or higher is no longer selling out immediately.

Yay!!! Market saturation!

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    Soon all those speculation buyers are going to have their CC bilss coming and the prices are going to fall. Soon....

Man, Gander Mountain by the mall is going all in with the guns. The place is literally going to be wall to wall with displays. Too bad they can't keep ammo in stock.

:puke: GM :puke:
    Let me repeat that
    :puke: GM :puke:

Just dropped Black Betty off at Blythe's. They were going to replace the bolt release right there, but couldn't find the rights size allen wrench. Black Rain Ordnance uses an allen screw instead of a pin. So I'll pick her up tomorrow.

Don't cry she will be OK. :)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Sad day at the Melendad's house . . . I wrote out my income tax checks and will be dropping them in the mail on my way to fencing practice this afternoon. Worse yet, I have to pay my income taxes AND my quarterly estimated taxes on the same day.

I get to deal with the public school kids now, it amazes me that high school students can't find California on a map. Our schools suck, but honestly a huge portion of the fault is the breakdown of the family and the absolute lack of personal responsibility of the parents.

Agree. Worse, they think they know so much, getting high grades too. When I was recruiting, I would give them the practice ASVAB, and when they were told they could not use their calculator or phones, scores suffered. But even without the math scores, they were barely getting double digit scores on the test. Had to break it to them, guessing the same letter over and over would have at least gotten them a 12. It was just horrible and soon they will be replacing us in the work force.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

You grab some for your brother??
    And don't worry, Black Betty will be back to you soon. Heck, you have a ton of allen wrenches, why didn't you lend them one?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Agree. Worse, they think they know so much, getting high grades too. When I was recruiting, I would give them the practice ASVAB, and when they were told they could not use their calculator or phones, scores suffered. But even without the math scores, they were barely getting double digit scores on the test. Had to break it to them, guessing the same letter over and over would have at least gotten them a 12. It was just horrible and soon they will be replacing us in the work force.

Yup, but you have to realize that the No Child Left Behind (Sen Kennedy) and the Core Curriculum (Bill Gates) as well as the state standards imposed has created a situation where grades are inflated and teachers are not allowed to fail students. Quite literally its the rule in some of the local public school systems that a child can FAIL every class in 6th grade and move up to 7th, where he can again FAIL every class and get moved up to 8th, where he can, once again, fail every class and enter high school the following year without having achieved the basic skills needed to enter high school.

In one of the high schools where I coach the administration's policy is that teachers are essentially forbidden from giving a grade lower than 60%.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom