• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Anyone have a favorite recipe for slow cooker pulled pork.
    I just tried one of those "ready made" packets from the store.
    Sucked.

Have you tried GFS on RT 30 and Grant st, in the freezer section isn't bad.
    The last time I tried Dickies BBQ in Portage, it was warm and ate inside the store. I get recipes from KraftFoods.com but don't remember any pulled pork. Just a suggestion or try pork-the other white meat web site. Have you tried Hog Haven in Dyre on RT 30 about three miles west of RT41?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Facebook was mis-labeled... it really should have been fightbook you know...

Jedi can't control himself... I'm guessing that's why he isn't there...

I'm not gonna be bored tomorrow... getting the R8 back from the smith... gonna put her through her paces and then back to Blythes sunday to introduce another new shooter to the range time thing.... Somebody's got to do it...

Hey a side question, any of you guys that still look young enough to be in the military and have Run N Gun gear want to do a quick cameo in a local B rate movie being shot this spring in NW Indiana ? If so drop me a PM...

If you would like, I still have some of my gear, not sure when I will be getting out medically. Hopefully I will be abit healthier there at the time as well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Have you tried GFS on RT 30 and Grant st, in the freezer section isn't bad.
    The last time I tried Dickies BBQ in Portage, it was warm and ate inside the store. I get recipes from KraftFoods.com but don't remember any pulled pork. Just a suggestion or try pork-the other white meat web site. Have you tried Hog Haven in Dyre on RT 30 about three miles west of RT41?

Don't want frozen.
    Could try kraft recipes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I heard Tuesday the Pres is supposed to say something about the "gun control debate". I've been meaning to pay off Black Betty in a couple months.
    Now I'm wondering if I should put it on a card. I don't think I have to. But I've been wrong before.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Repeter, if you want to come out and act military LOL... on a movie set drop me a pm and I'll fill you in...

BillB, I almost came out to the IKES today too... Instead I got a call from Mr. Reichard out at the Sand Burr Gun Ranch letting me know my R8 was finished... Sooo I picked her up and he did a real nice job on her. She had 100% ignition, and a nice smooth trigger job... and I don't normally get to shoot steel... All steel, all day.... Very beautiful, enjoyable day...

Hoping to get out to the IKES this week sometime though...

Got more new shooters tomorrow at the Blythes in Valpo...

Mags, moon clips, and speed loaders all ready to go again tomorrow....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A. Only if you are dumb.

B. Only if you let it.

I heard Tuesday the Pres is supposed to say something about the "gun control debate". I've been meaning to pay off Black Betty in a couple months.
    Now I'm wondering if I should put it on a card. I don't think I have to. But I've been wrong before.

Your VP in his recommendations to the Pres did not mention/list an awb or a ban on any type of weapons/rifle. They are pushing more for..
    1) magazine limitation
    2) background checks on all transactions (ie. Even private sales)

They both know they don't have the numbers for a full on awb and even if they tried the 'yeagers' of the usa have already come out and said they will 'kill people' if they try.

There is another limit on ingo about a ky sherrif saying the same thing via a different dialgoue. Basiaclly that the feds will NOT impose an awb in his county and if they try he will not allow it.

So O won't do a full awb unless he wants a violent civil war on his hands which even he is not that crazy just like that North Korean guy was not crazy to nuke the world.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well I got the press and everything all mounted up, I have brass, powder is on the way, bullets might be coming via the group buy, just need some primers now. Might go to the BBS and get some at $4-5/100ct, but really don't want to overspend....oh well.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You are on your way to long days at the range... and the long nights at the press to fullfill those days... Congratulations and welcome to the Reloaders addiction...

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Of course, but I mean if they ban any weapon that can take a 10 round magazine, there view any EDC I have, and that means if I'm seen carrying around there's a good chance ill be locked up or something of that nature. Idk when I read the demo to the new awb that's the way I read it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hoping to get out to the [strike]IKES[/strike] IKEA this week sometime though...

QUOTE]
    Give me a shout. Friday is best.
    Why do the two of you want to go shopping together at IKEA :dunno:

That red light means she got a clean slash on her opponent. The fact that she is all the way down the far end of the strip means she ran the other girl backwards in retreat. She shut out several of her opponents with perfect 5-0 scores. Went undefeated until she got into the 'final 4' when she lost her first bout of the day.

image_zpscd8a17cb.jpg

Guess which child is mine? The photo below has the seniors for Melen's high school fencing team. Melen is the only one who finished in the top 6 in any event from our team. We did have one boy take 7th place in Epee. The highest any of our kids has ever gotten in this tournament is 5th or 6th place in any event. So to have one kid in the final 4 was a big deal for our team, a first time ever here at U of Chicago.

image_zps6f1757fa.jpg

It was a great birthday present she gave herself. 3rd place, which is a personal best in a major tournament, and also a team best for her high school.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Guess which child is mine? The photo below has the seniors for Melen's high school fencing team. Melen is the only one who finished in the top 6 in any event from our team. We did have one boy take 7th place in Epee. The highest any of our kids has ever gotten in this tournament is 5th or 6th place in any event. So to have one kid in the final 4 was a big deal for our team, a first time ever here at U of Chicago.

image_zps6f1757fa.jpg

It was a great birthday present she gave herself. 3rd place, which is a personal best in a major tournament, and also a team best for her high school.

Why is the guy who shot Congresswoman Giffords in the front row?

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Hey we still on for Thursday night at the "Clubhouse" for the OC-Cigar night? Just confirming as I am planning on trekking over there about 7 pm.

By the way, congrats on Melen's success... That is quite an accomplishment...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom