jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why it's cold and raining

This morning while waiting for the train I heard something from my fellow train riders that I though I would never hear.

Lady 1 who is an Obama Supporter, loves Obamacare, and votes D all the time stated that all this news about gun control is just BS. She said that no amount of new laws is going to help since criminals won't listen to any of those laws.

Guy 1 who also votes D the majority of the time, voted for O but sometimes does not like what he hears from him said. Yup no law would have helped as that kid in CT did not even buy the guns! Heck if just one teacher would have been armed I bet this would have ended different. How come I can't protect myself when I go to downtown Chicago or my grandkids can't have protection at school but Obama's kids get protection? That is not fair.

:wow: cause this is coming from D, Obama lovers who don't own guns!
    Looks like there is hope.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    On the plus side preliminary tax numbers shows I did not need to send that estimate tax payment this month for 2012 taxes The 3 quarterly payments I did covered my tax bill. Looks like I gave uncle Sam a tad bit too much so a refund for me.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    meh... my spaceship is fueled and ready to go.
    I'm just having some issues with the hyperdrive. :D

Always one to run away from a fight.

First it was the world is going to end. Next it was something else. Now you are leaving the planet.

Does the ignore list include PM's? I enjoy your PM's, they are in English and often have useful information.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Always one to run away from a fight.

First it was the world is going to end. Next it was something else. Now you are leaving the planet.

Does the ignore list include PM's? I enjoy your PM's, they are in English and often have useful information.

I was going to direct you to the text in the tread you started but I'll post it here so that the rest of our group can here it and understand that we are fighting a pointless battle in our area.

The full discussion is here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...g_this_month_all_over_nw_indiana_show_up.html

and here is all you really need to know.

"Visclosky said he stands by his voting record on the matter, which includes favorable votes for both the Brady Bill and the Clinton-era assault weapons ban. He said his votes would continue along that line."

We need to work to get him to lose the next primary! Anyone from any party is better than him!

That's six years away and the dems are not going to allow anyone to run against him in the primary. The only hope there is that the gop realises they're screwed and actually runs a good candidate the next time around and not a loser like the last time. They can't afford a repeat of this election. They had too many losers in too many races.

mrjarrell is from hamilton county so he does not know NWI.

we live in nwi, my friend, this is a D meca! no R ever elected that i know off.

Let me give you an idea of how long a D has held this position.

Pete took office in 1985
    Before him we had a female D from 1982 - 1985 (Katie Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Before her we had a male D from 1977 - 1982 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Benjamin,_Jr.)
    Before him we had another male D from 1973 - 1977 (Ray Madden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Then Wikipedia falls apart on the one prior to that but I bet you it was a D.
    So for at least the past 40 years this district has been D.

Actual here we go!!!
    Indiana's 1st congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The last R elected in our district was March 4, 1925 - March 3, 1931
    That was 82 years ago!!!!

The Ds have had control of this district since 1849 with only 30 years (in various 4 or 6 years chucks held by 7 Rs). So for the past 164 years, 134 of those years the Ds have held control of this district.

We have a better chance of hell freezing then us electing an R here.

I'm willing to fight but it's pointless to fight a battle you have no chance of ever winning. Go ahead and waste valuable resources, manpower, and time on a battle that you can't find. Me I'll continue to fix my hyper drive and GTFO! You can't save the titanic and frankly I don't think I want to even if I could. Why save people that don't want to save themselves. :dunno:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I give up.

So I'm surfing Facebook and I find... A little back story first.

My ex-girlfriend is with this guy, and has a kid with this guy, who has never had a job. He has collected disability since he was 16. She quit her job, moved to Arkansas and started going to school. They live off the government with his disability and her grants along with food stamps, wik and free medical.

Anyway, like I said, I'm scrolling through my fb feed and discover that they are moving out of their apartment because they are buying a house. They're buying a house with our money... And they're proud that they are finally getting to own a house.

It's ridiculous, there's people out here who worked all their lives, fallen on hard times and are loosing their homes. And here's a couple people who don't work, one of which has never worked and the other just part time medial jobs... And they're buying a house... Give me a break, and people wonder what's happening to America. The land of the free, only if you don't work... The land of the brave, what's that, there's no need to be brave, the government will feed us, clothe us, educate us and protect us.

I give up, I've worked since I was 11 years old... A paper boy until I was 16 then I worked fast food, turned 18 went to a gas station, until robbed at gun point... Then on my days off found a new job in the stock room at target in river oaks, and ended up with the railroad working 12 hour days 7 days a week before turning 19.

Even the time I was off injured, I worked security to survive and still increased my debt, voluntarily had my car repoed, bought a clunker to get to my security job until I was deemed healthy enough to get back to the railroad.

I nearly lost my home, I did loose my car, had my power turned off, lived in the dark and off Ramon noodles. I work everytime I'm offered OT, and I'm still trying to pay off creditors. But I still need to help all the people who refuse to work. And the money I pay in taxes, ill see very little of that back as I'm single and have no kids. Of the 32,000 I've paid in taxes last year, I'll be lucky to see 2 grand back.

Why the hell even try anymore... It's ridiculous...

Rant off!!!

So anyway how about this weather?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I give up.

So I'm surfing Facebook and I find... A little back story first.

My ex-girlfriend is with this guy, and has a kid with this guy, who has never had a job. He has collected disability since he was 16. She quit her job, moved to Arkansas and started going to school. They live off the government with his disability and her grants along with food stamps, wik and free medical.

Anyway, like I said, I'm scrolling through my fb feed and discover that they are moving out of their apartment because they are buying a house. They're buying a house with our money... And they're proud that they are finally getting to own a house.

It's ridiculous, there's people out here who worked all their lives, fallen on hard times and are loosing their homes. And here's a couple people who don't work, one of which has never worked and the other just part time medial jobs... And they're buying a house... Give me a break, and people wonder what's happening to America. The land of the free, only if you don't work... The land of the brave, what's that, there's no need to be brave, the government will feed us, clothe us, educate us and protect us.

I give up, I've worked since I was 11 years old... A paper boy until I was 16 then I worked fast food, turned 18 went to a gas station, until robbed at gun point... Then on my days off found a new job in the stock room at target in river oaks, and ended up with the railroad working 12 hour days 7 days a week before turning 19.

Even the time I was off injured, I worked security to survive and still increased my debt, voluntarily had my car repoed, bought a clunker to get to my security job until I was deemed healthy enough to get back to the railroad.

I nearly lost my home, I did loose my car, had my power turned off, lived in the dark and off Ramon noodles. I work everytime I'm offered OT, and I'm still trying to pay off creditors. But I still need to help all the people who refuse to work. And the money I pay in taxes, ill see very little of that back as I'm single and have no kids. Of the 32,000 I've paid in taxes last year, I'll be lucky to see 2 grand back.

Why the hell even try anymore... It's ridiculous...

Rant off!!!

So anyway how about this weather?

It's raining.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I think the kilt would go well with this shirt:

03c1f72279ed2d6ecc4f4839bd8a8651.jpg

Status